Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi, I tried posting this in force specific forum but no replies so i was wondering if anyone could help. My BMI is 33 and i'm really worried about the medical which is next Friday. I was wondering whether anyone knew whether Lincolnshire Police would reject me with my BMI being so high? I go to the gym regularly and do weight training 3 times a week, i don't see myself as being obese. I'll be really disappointed if i get so far and then get rejected purely on my BMI. Thanks Emily
-
I really find it hard to think of examples and get all the detail that I need. I work in a hospital as a health care assistant. I have worked with disabled, elderly, mental health etc as well as in a shop. Can patients/relatives classed as customers? Can an argument between 2 residents, one being muslim, be used for the race & diversity one? Can anyone give me ideas of the things I should be thinking of for each competencie. I'm really going to hate the interview.
-
Hi everyone, I have my met police assessment on the 31st and I am literally so nervous already. I have passed an assessment centre with the Kent police before and it scared me last time. Can anyone give me some tips on the interview or examples used? I am worried they will ask me a question and I wont be able to think of an answer :s thanks xx
-
Hi all I've got my fitness test soon which I am not to worried about as I'm quite an active guy but if I was to be successful, what happens next. I'm sure I read that there is an interview but i don't know. Please help as I like to plan as far forward as possible. Thanks
-
I've got my fitness test in just under 3 weeks. I had a trial go at it a couple of days ago and I was fine with the bleep test but am struggling with the dyno machine. My average push was 40kg which is fine but only managed to get an average of 35kg on my pull on one attempt, all the rest averaged at around 30-33kg. I think it's more my technique than my strength and was wondering if anyone has any tips? I'm going to be doing a lot of weight training over the next 3 weeks and am hoping to have another go on the machine next week but am really starting to panic :new_no:
-
Hi everyone i recenlty applied to be communications officer at the MET but my application was rejected when it was in the initial paper, this was because they said i didn't declare previous meetings with the police or conviction i hold. The thing is i've never had any meetings with the police nor hold any convictions. I even did a CRB check in December and everything came back clean. I applealed the the decision what is the likely hood they will over turn the decision? Thanks.
-
Evening all I am currently in the process of becoming a PCSO with the BTP. However I have question I would like someone to answer for me . The post I have applied for is in London however I am from Sheffield. I have done some research and found out that I have to have worked for a year in London to ask for a transfer. Is this true ? :D And how easy would it be for me to move from London to Sheffield ? Its always been a dream of mine since I was 6 to work for police and yes I know didn't have to apply for London job but when when I got the chance of lifetime I was not going to let it go.,. :whistle2: The only reason I want to move back is that I have grown up there a…
-
Hiya Has anyone ever gone into their bleep test fitness assessment with an injury? I've been resting a pulled flexor in my left hip now for two weeks, just stretching, cycling and walking. I thought tonight...ok....assessment coming up...haven't had any pain.....I'll go for a run.....then wallop, about 2 miles and its started again, I'm gutted. This time its pulling down my thigh too. Its painful, but not crippling. I have been told that if can stand the pain, I can't damage it anymore, but OMG it hurts! I've seen the doc, he said rest it for a couple of days.....that was last Tuesday, a week ago. I'm hoping for an appointment with physio before the test, but not …
-
Hey guys, I'm looking at applying for the specials and reckon I can breeze the fitness test as I play rugby regularly and am on a sports course at college. I am carrying a little bit extra weight but am far from obese. However, due to me playing rugby I am a heavy bloke and am just over the 30 BMI. Spoke to the coaches at college and they reckon that's due to a high muscle mass as opposed to being dangerously obese. How important is the BMI for your application if you can breeze the fitness tests? Cheers Cam
-
Hi Guys! I have applied to the CNC, which as Im sure you will all know seems to take ages, and while looking around I saw the Home Office is looking for Assisitand Border Force Officers, am I right in thinking I would have to withdraw my app for the CNC if I were to apply for this job? Thanks Chris
-
Hi all, just wondering does anyone know if your GP has to sign the medical form? The email did say to jus fill in pages 1-6 and to not go to your GP at this stage. It's jus I know my GP charged my friend £75 just for a signature!?
-
Hi guys, Just a quick question, why do all recruitment issues seem to take so long? I understand that there is often a large number of applicants, as well as potential vetting queries (i don't know if any vetting is done at the application stage or just after the assessment centre) but taking 6 months from application closing to first interview seems a bit steep to me. Does anyone know why, or there is things going on behind the scenes I've missed? Please note, this is not intended to be a whinge/moan/bitching session, I am honestly interested in what goes on behind the scenes.
-
Right I’m applying for the first time to be a Special constable :new_yummy: . Nearly finished my application form giving it the final tweaks while proof reading. Any advice before i send it off? Anything i may have forgotten? before i get a :new_doh2: moment. Many thanks in advance.
-
Hey Guys I have created this thread to give you guys that are applying to become PCSO's/PC/SC/Police Staff the relent competencies that they look for in applications. This not me giving you the answers to questions but a rough guide that will help you when filling in application and its really useful when doing the interview as you can look at this and thing oh yeah did that, did that and did that, its shows what they look for in candidate. The Integrated Competency Framework is a series of national standards and guidelines that enable the police service to improve quality and consistency of performance and assessment. The competencies that are particularly relevant…
-
Hi all, Reading up online it would appear the Police, Law & Community certificate expires after 2 years. With budget cuts and police recruitment the way it is at the moment unfortunately, what would happen if the PLC expired before we were able to join as a PC? Would we have to do it again at our own expense? Jack