Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Cleo

    I attended the Day One Assessment at Hendon on 3 Feb. I had no reponse after 6 weeks so called to be told the good news that I had gotten through. It's now been 8 weeks and I am however still awaiting a date for the Day Two Medical. I'm apparently "in the pull" to be issued a date but I did not envisage having to wait this many weeks. I also noted today the statement below on the met special website about training which wasn't there when I originally applied: - "Due to operational requirements there will be no MSC training July to August 2012. Therefore, if you apply now and you are successful at your Day 1 and Day 2 Assessments, your application will be placed on ho…

    • 17 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Opens on Monday the 9th July See this thread here http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?/topic/130269-lancs-pcso-vacancies/

    • 0 replies
    • 752 views
    Administrative Account
  3. EmilyF1
    Started by EmilyF1,

    Hi, I have just received an email from Recruitment to confirm my training dates for Autumn 2012. I have been asked to confirm my borough choice which I selected 'Tower Hamlets'- this happens to be where I live. I would really appreciate any views on whether Tower Hamlets is a good choice and is it really a good idea to be based there if I live in the area? Many thanks in advance. Emily

    • 3 replies
    • 452 views
  4. Triathlete65
    Started by Triathlete65,

    Hi All I am completely new to the site and would greatly value some advice/ pointers. I am in my mid 40's and have recently been made redundant. I had been thinking about applying to the Police Force for a while, but redundancy has sharpened my focus. I actually believed I was too old, but clearly this is not the case. It is clearly a very competitive process to join any UK Police Force and so it should be. I have significant experience in the Transport Sector - dealing with the public and leading teams for over 20 years. I also earned a Masters Degree whilst in my 30's. I would love to join the Met and I understand ( rightly or wrongly) that you MUST be either a Spe…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 718 views
    Administrative Account
  5. lewis_04
    Started by lewis_04,

    Hi there. I was wondering if anyone could an basic insight or advice on becoming a Military Police Officer. I am about to graduate Lancaster university with Criminology degree and my plan had been when i started to join the Civilian Police Service. But with the freeze on recruitment in PCSO's, specials and PCs at the moment im now considering the military policing positions. I've read there is 44 week officer training period or something and was wondering if any one could tell me what this entails. is it like the normal army training and very physically demanding? And also if there are any current or ex MP officers that could give me an idea of the kind of things to exp…

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.8k views
  6. Patchella
    Started by Patchella,

    Having passed the assessment centre for West Mercia, I duly began getting my eyes tested and submitted the completed questionnaire for my doctor to sign. The doctor took over two weeks to sign my form! When I got it back today, she hadn't completed her section fully and included a letter "to whom it may concern" saying that as she had never personally seen me that should couldn't complete the form fully. She did include a copy of my medical history (it's brief as I don't go to the doctors often). I'm going to send this off with the form. It's frustrating! Has anyone else had this problem? And did it cause complications?

    • 2 replies
    • 486 views
  7. i-plod

    Just thought I could post it here, please remove if its not useful. There are plenty of sites that do this kind of thing but I find https://www.changedetection.com/ the easiest. Essentially you can mark certain web pages of your Force recruitment website that you want to be notified about when things change. Its not full proof as they could add a new page for that specific job but there is normally a central vacancies page that you can put a market on. If any content is removed or added you get an email notification. Its free and I have found it really useful. Even more so with fire stations as there recruitment can literally open for 12hrs at a time...! Alex

    • 6 replies
    • 621 views
  8. Guest mitproductionz
    Started by Guest mitproductionz,

    Hi guys new to this forum so bare with me, I have just applied for special constable (Wiltshire Police) but i am very worried about this REPRIMAND i received when I was 16 (21 now). I recently requested for a Data Protection Form which showed the following REPRIMAND: Aggravated Vehicle Taking (Being Carried) With Damage To A Vehicle Over £5000. Date: October 2007 A Police Constable informed me that the REPRIMAND was for "Aggravated Vehicle Taking (Being Carried)" as there was damage involved otherwise it would have been " Taking Without Consent" Reasons behind the REPRIMAND: My friend asked his mother for her car keys so that we could sit inside an…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.6k views
  9. Huckfish
    Started by Huckfish,

    Hi everyone, I would like to consider a future career in the police as a regular sometime in the future. I have yet to become a special (although it is something i am pursuing for definite) but was wondering how big the cross over is? How does being a special compare and is this a regular thing? jumping from special into regulars? Thanks! Huckfish

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 853 views
    General Purpose
  10. dp9
    Started by dp9,

    Currently waiting to finish vetting for West Mercia and there has been mention of a possible training course in September. However, with the process taking over a year its been impossible to plan ahead and I have a holiday booked in September which may (or may not) clash with training dates. Does anybody know if you are offered a date whether you can defer it to the next training course (which could be months away) or can catch up on the training content missed or whether I will have to cancel the holiday for a training course I may or may not be offered? Any advice would be great!

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 456 views
    soontobesc1546081363
  11. rachedwards93
    Started by rachedwards93,

    Hi everyone, I've got an interview in two weeks time for the Specials and just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what to prepare with/interview tips&help?! Cheers :)

    • 1 reply
    • 590 views
    IveToldYouOnce
  12. SCstaffs
    Started by SCstaffs,

    So reading a topic yesterday got me thinking about the application process to be a PC and how it entry routes differ. For example, some forces allow only SCs and PCSOs/Staff apply = MET i believe(?) whilst others such as allow all and sundery to apply. Some forces allow only a fixed number to apply via phone lines, allow internals only initially then externals if any packs left or allow only the 1st 1000 via any means or for a given time frame. Some only allow the internals to have the packs alittle earlier. The process is very varied and allows for certain advantages to SCs or other internals, but what are peoples thoughts on this? Should we SCs be given more advantag…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 738 views
  13. Tom
    Started by Tom,

    I got 2 letters today, 1 was about my physical that happens in the next 2 weeks, which is exciting, but makes me a little anxious. The other letter said that my vetting was going to start shortly and will be completed in 6 weeks (following my completion of a questionnaire to the FCO). That seems very quick, and I didn't think it started until fitness and medical have been passed!? Any advice before going to the fitness test?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 673 views
  14. Dermia
    Started by Dermia,

    Hi, I am currently 18 years old, i am planning on applying for a role as a special constable for my local force. I was wondering what the likelihood of me getting accepted is due to my age? I currently work as a customer service assistant and have done for 1 and a half years, i have had work experience with the Police in my local NPT. I acquired 15 GCSE's mainly A's and B's and i am currently studying Biology, Maths, Geography, ICT, General studies at my 6th form college. I am approximately 6ft tall weighing around 11st10. The thing is i fear that my age will put me backwards, and i was wondering about what the police look for, if i do not have any Criminal records, bad…

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. Ryan_0176
    Started by Ryan_0176,

    My girlfriend who i live with is in the police. Can i also apply or would this go against me? Cheers

    • 16 replies
    • 829 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.