Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi peeps I've just applied for Police Specials with WYP, am I right in saying that there is no final interview? As on the website there is no further stages a part from medical and security checks after the assessment centre.

    • 2 replies
    • 383 views
  2. PHILTHISCITY
    Started by PHILTHISCITY,

    Any tips or advice for PC Assessment centre , i am all round bricking it ! Obviously no Protected or directly related material etc . Thanks

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 554 views
  3. Parnham91
    Started by Parnham91,

    Hi Guys, I start my training on the 4th Aug. It says go smart casual for the first two days before we go in uniform. I know this is silly but what can I wear? Jeans? Trousers? Typical woman flapping here lol. Thanks!

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 685 views
  4. Jotas
    Started by Jotas,

    Hello! Apolgies if this is not in the right place, but I would like answers to this question urgently as I have a day 1 PCSO assessment day tomorrow! In terms of an interview question, what does 'a time you've had to deal with a complaint' come under? From checking the competancies i'm pretty sure it's community and customer focus, but i'm concerned I could be wrong. Also which of the sub-behaviours could you possibly hope to hit with this question? You can only do so much for complaints, not enough to hit more than four or five of the sub-behaviours. Anyone care to help or suggest ways around this? Thanks Jotas

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 455 views
  5. jonijaws
    Started by jonijaws,

    Hey all, Im having an interview for Avon and Somerset Special Constabulary in August and was only told to look at the website. Can anyone give me any advice on what i should expect and the sort of things ill be asked. Thanks

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 825 views
  6. Jedikan
    Started by Jedikan,

    Hi I am planing to join in to L&B in September 2012. I did quite good research but there are still som unknowns like. Is as a Special Constable any way to get promoted. I read that there is some ranks but I could not find anything in particular.. Is there any way to be transfer to other departments like CID or training delivery and on what conditions if you can. What kind of training you can get except the basic one.. EFAD ,... Other? Thank you for all answers Kind Regards

    • 5 replies
    • 467 views
  7. lakie121
    Started by lakie121,

    Hi first time posting here as it seems like a great place to get questions answered. I passed my fitness test today for devon and cornwall specials and saw on the medical form i was given it asks for my height and weight. Now i am 5ft 6 and weigh 15st but its mostly muscle due to martial arts training i do and other sports like rugby but it leaves me with a BMI of 33. I asked the officer who gave me my successful candidates pack about it and explained it to him and he said it shouldnt be a problem. Is this true? i would hate for me to get a letter through asking me to do a medical when i have passed the fitness test by a great deal. Cheers Matt

    • 5 replies
    • 628 views
  8. Cf-8
    Started by Cf-8,

    I've just been doing my last bit of research of current ops around my area and completing my vetting forms, getting nervous now, the only bit I'm worried about are the questions they may ask on equality and diversity. Got my suit ready, shoes shiny, clean shaven or neat&tidy 'designer' stubble (bearing in mind I haven't shaved for over a year, I have no need in my current job so therefore use stubble trimmer) Any other last bits of advice welcome!

    • 16 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hello all, Like the rest of you, I am really keen to join the Police Service, as a Special, PC or PCSO. A little about me: I currently work within finance, however I have volunteered for a Search and Recuse team (semi-pro) for about one year, I am a NHS Community First Responder answering 999 calls, I hope this experience will help me achieve my dream goal of becoming a PC. I visited my local station and they said I can volunteer for them if I wanted to, reviewing CCTV tapes, surveying evidence of Anti Social Behaviour and so on, does anyone know if a recruitment team hold this experience or mine as valuable? Do you think someone has a better chance of getting a fr…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 572 views
  10. bluedawns
    Started by bluedawns,

    I’m a twenty-three year old graduate student, who is interested in pursuing a career in law enforcement. I have an impeccably clean and boring record. I’ve never been arrested, never had a speeding ticket—I’ve never taken drugs, and I never drank underage! I was one of the top students in the graduating class of my university and have good references for my character. I consider myself to be an okay, but not perfect, person, which a solid moral foundation. But I’m concerned. I have had a (brief) history of depression. It happened last year. We aren’t sure what triggered it, but my guess it might have been a combination of genetics, stress, and the fact I was involved …

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  11. Parnham91
    Started by Parnham91,

    Hi Guys, I got my start date for training with Humberside, the 4th August. I have been told I have passed the vetting process. I've read on a few people's pages that they have been given start dates then knocked back last thing. Am I been Rediculous because I'm just worrying now or will I be ok? Thanks, Emily

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 456 views
  12. shade1546080910
    Started by shade1546080910,

    Hi there, Quick Question, I attended my medical today and was told that cause i had not been off my anti-depressants for more than a year that my medical was 'pending' and i had to check back with them in January. Now does this mean that its on hold so they can get more information or so that when the year has passed i can progress, as far as im aware vetting is still going to be processed. So is this a automatic fail, or just a minor setback? Many thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 645 views
  13. Adz
    Started by Adz,

    Probably a very daft question to most of you however something I need clarifying. As a special I know I have to do rotations as part of my competencies, I'm curious to know whether I could take firearms for one of them. I dont't mean to go out and fire guns at people, however I mean on ride alongs etc, get an idea of there processes etc I ask as I would evenutally like to do it once recruitment picks up 'eventually.' I cannot see why this isn't possible as I've seen some police shows where they allow camera crews into there cars for filming and they aren't police trained whatsoever? I know some of you will still be laughing your heads off at this moment thinkin…

  14. Grissom1546080892
    Started by Grissom1546080892 +,

    That's right...the Met are recruiting POLICE OFFICERS...ish... http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/graduates/ The new MPS Police Officer Graduate Entry Programme could lead you down many different career paths. However, there's just one starting point. Pass our in-depth selection process, and you'll start your foundation training - a world-class mixture of formal learning and practical activity.After this training, most of our graduates will join the Graduate Development Programme (GDP). This three-year course gives you exposure to the full range of police service delivery, acting as the springboard for a diverse and absorbing career as an officer in the MPS.Show us the r…

    • 1 reply
    • 972 views
  15. Miles147
    Started by Miles147,

    Had my medical yesterday and I passed, but the Dr that I met said that she wouldn't suggest applying for PC as she wouldn't sign it off as I have a risk of early retirement. I don't feel that way and really felt a little upset that an assumption was made. Has anyone else come across this? Also Ive sent all my medical notes in today and waiting for a final response to see if I can be a special. Miles

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.