Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. khia1992
    Started by khia1992,

    Hi could someone please help me with some advise in regards to application. After completing first year Criminology after moving from a LAW LLB i have been really passionate about a career in the police force , after research and reading i excitedly applied for a special constable volunteer role at my local police station. I received an response to my application which i am devastated about , my application was declined due to a reprimand i failed to disclose in the application. i know this is stupid and i truly feel it , a previous applicant illadvised me that wont be needed as was 6 years ago and a reprimand nothing more and as a CRB check conducted for work was …

    • 4 replies
    • 534 views
  2. trelloskilos
    Started by trelloskilos,

    I'm not sure how many of you have experienced these new competency requirements, but after years of working with the good old Effective Communication, Resilience, Personal Responsibility, RR&D etc, it seems that the Home Office has started rolling out new competency requirements, in the form of Professionalism, Service Delivery, Openness to Change etc. While this probably won't have much impact to your everyday serving special/reg, it is important for anyone looking to apply to the specials, regs or looking for promotion. Trouble is, there is a lot of info on the old comptencies, but barely any on the new. I've been looking at them all and wondering if it's just…

    • 8 replies
    • 960 views
    Prae1546081277
  3. ludamick
    Started by ludamick,

    I had my day 1 assessment for the Met on the 20th of June and i'm still waiting the results. Is this a good/bad/Olympic caused sign? Thanks for any advice you can offer

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 467 views
  4. qwerty1234567
    Started by qwerty1234567,

    I know there are probably strands of this on this forum but can anyone recommend any websites paid/free that are good for assisting you passing SET's. Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 414 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  5. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hello, I seem to be making regular posts lately! Just a quick question, what are your thoughts on this? Essentially I want to get into the Police service (Front line) and I was wondering if this will help me in my application. The story is as follows: About 4 months ago, I was driving down my street, I noticed a man lying on the floor face down, another man at the time was running away from him, so I parked up and looked at the man on the floor and asked him if he was ok, he looked at me and he was bleeding.... I noticed he was a the manager of a local convenience store and he told me his store was robbed and he was attacked. He mentioned he tried to stop the theif …

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 847 views
  6. CFreeman
    Started by CFreeman,

    Hello one and all, I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS! I am a serving SC and am now about to change my day job to be a Civil Parking Enforcement Officer. I didnt think there would be any issues with the 2 roles clashing, but it seems my specials manager has some concerns and wants me to leave because of it. My new employer has no issues with me doing both roles and I would have thought it would be down to them to make the choice. Im a little peed off with the whole thing because I worked so hard to get where I am today and since 14th July 2011 until 31st July 2012 i did over 1500 hours. I feel i have had no support from the force or real answers. I feel i am just being kicked out…

    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Smiley Culture +
  7. D-ZS
    Started by D-ZS,

    The recruitment for the PSOS is now open. Current scottish forces have opened recruitment and state that its for the PSOS, although if you do apply and are sucessfull before 31st March 2013 you will be in the force you have applied with, if your process takes longer (after March 31st 2013) and or your position in the pool is low on the list for a start date then you will be applying and joining the PSOS. heads up all Im applying!

    • 14 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. rachael27161
    Started by rachael27161,

    Hi guys, (Firstly, if this post should be somewhere else can somebody please move it?) I found out on Friday, by making a call to the MET Vetting team that I have passed my vetting for the role of PCSO - very pleased! What is next? Am I waiting for an confirmation email, or my contract through the post? How long roughly do you guys think until I receive my training date? Thanks :-)

    • 0 replies
    • 428 views
  9. potato
    Started by potato,

    hi people i just wanted to hear back from some people on here about how serious the met are on finance checks and how people have fared in their own checks. basically im scared im going to fail because i have a debt of around £1400 with catalogues i had from last year sadly i was made redundant and couldnt pay anything and they didnt even give me any light of day to arrange something, anyways as you can tell i missed most of the payments and now i have 2 defaults on my credit record. im now in talks with the respective debt agency to arrange payment to clear the outstanding balance. if i explained to the vetting team what happened and told them im in the progress of …

    • 20 replies
    • 2.3k views
  10. S1234
    Started by S1234,

    Anyone on here who was on this assessment centre for the CNC, has anyone heard anything from HR about results yet? Just curious

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.5k views
    WELSH_MAN_IN_ENGLAND
  11. X-Adz-X
    Started by X-Adz-X,

    So I'm currently in training and vetting with Hampshire. However it dawned on me, I'm part of a trade union at work (no idea why was just suggested when I joined). Will this be an issue with vetting?

    • 3 replies
    • 426 views
  12. antonh80
    Started by antonh80,

    Hi first off im new here so hello all. right back on topic i know there are checks that do the immediate familly of applicant but im worried as my father molested my sisters and is now serving 18 years on multiple charges and recruitment agencies have warned me i may be declined because of this, I have not seen or spoke to him or his familly in 5 years and never plan on so, But this is my dream job i have always wanted to do this i have not been in trouble myself and fear what he has done will effect my dream job, if anybody has experience in this area or has some knowledge please let me know before i try for any posistion please. thank you

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 733 views
  13. tcb1981
    Started by tcb1981,

    Hi all, I've emailed a few police forces HR departments but was wondering if anyone has any idea here. I am aware of that 6 month rule, ie. you cannot apply for a PCSO/PC/SC etc if you have been rejected in the last 6 months, however, does this stop me from applying for civvy/office/non front line jobs within a police force? And assuming if i wasnt succesful for a civvy job does the 6 month rule apply if I wanted to apply for a frontline role? I hope this makes sense. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 694 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  14. Luther.
    Started by Luther.,

    Its sad and shocking that only a few weeks/months ago I could at least apply to become an sc knowing that it was the only route to chase my career.. but now with the force not even accepting any applications what so ever.. what can one do except wait? i feel slightly idle.. I wanted to apply whilst studying my degree at uni (finding time to work around it.. building my credibility)..but now all i can do is.... wait lol.. Seriously.. when do you guys think the drought will be over.. The cuts, the pension scheme scraps and the increase in difficulty to be accepted is really disheartening towards young people such as myself (18) who had fixated on chasing the juridical job…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 2k views
  15. Ashbashbumrash
    Started by Ashbashbumrash,

    Hi all I recently passed the A/C for the intake of PCSO's at SYP Along with my results i was told i would receive an invitation for a drugs screening in 2 to 3 months I still have not heard anything from SYP I was getting slightly impatient, and so my girlfriends father, whos is a sergeant in the SYP, told me to give HR a ring After ringing up i found out that i had been put a waiting list for a minimum of 6 to 12 months the HR department didn't give me much information on the matter Can anyone tell me what happens if i do not hear anything before the 12 months are up? Is it just a matter of waiting and will the time be extended? or will i have to re-apply after t…

    • 3 replies
    • 592 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.