Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. EleriWynne
    Started by EleriWynne,

    I am looking to become a police officer but I have two cautions since I was 15 years old, (11 years ago) I also have a brother who is a bit of a naughty boy and I'm sure the police know of him. However I don't do anything with my brother and haven't seen him for around 2 years. I know I made mistakes when I was younger but since then I have changed my life around. I put myself through collage and university as well as doing a second diploma in criminal profiling. I just want to know if this will be a problem when I apply. Thanks

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Themightyjuice
    Started by Themightyjuice,

    Hi folks, I'm currently filling out my application for Strathclyde regs. I have a quick question re employment history. I'm 30 and I left school at 15, went straight into a job. The history asks for at least 10 years. Should I include everything from when I left school? The reason I ask is because I got dismissed from my job as a postal cadet with Royal Mail when I was about 17-18 ( just a daft wee boy) for poor attendance. Would this be checked in vetting?

    • 3 replies
    • 387 views
  3. mk6golf
    Started by mk6golf,

    Sent off my application exactly 2 weeks ago and had an email yesterday saying my competency questions were being scored and I will hear back soon... another email today saying I've passed them! Next stage is the assessment centre at Police Headquarters in October so now I wait. Have signed up here to do some more in depth reading but the waiting will kill :D Especially knowing nothing is guaranteed :o

    • 4 replies
    • 436 views
  4. JoeBoy1986
    Started by JoeBoy1986,

    Good Afternoon! My first post on here and looking about I'm glad a site like this is running to answer questions for novice's like myself. My question is, I'm trying to apply to become a special constable for the Kent force. On the application form it obviously asks about job history, to which I decided to include my full history. Now, I'm 26 at the moment, but when I was 18 I was dismissed from my job for theft. I was given a formal caution. I was very young and naive at that age and I certainly learnt my lesson but I'd like some advice. Would any of you guys declare this on your application form for reason of leaving? I don't want to have to withold any information, bu…

    • 16 replies
    • 683 views
  5. ap.scott
    Started by ap.scott,

    Hi Everyone, I found out last week that I have been successful in my application to become a Special Constable for the WYP!! So pleased, as I genuinely didn't think I would get in due to the fact I have quite poor eyesight. Thankfully I managed to see to the required level!! I Will be part of the October 2012 Training and wondered whether there was anyone else that had been successful? Oh, and to anyone applying I applied in November and I've just had the offer so be patient Adam

    • 2 replies
    • 561 views
  6. timtim
    Started by timtim,

    Hi everyone, I have a slight 'niggle' that has been bugging me... I am currently applying to be a Special and the force has just requested my Current Employer's Reference. I know from other people that it is quite an in-depth reference however, my Current Employer, due to Company Policy, has only sent back confirmation of my Job Title and Employment Dates. I am a little worried that this will reflect badly on me or would not be enough. Has any one got any advice or anything to 'quench my fears'. Thanks timtim

    • 7 replies
    • 911 views
  7. award0405
    Started by award0405,

    Hello all I'm in the final stages of the specials recruitment, I have passed the fitness test and now have to send a couple more forms off. One of them is giving me a slight bit of grief, one entitled 'Consideration for Placement' - It asks for details on any skills, knowledge or relationships I would like to be considered when they are placing me and another question asking how these skills affect my choice of location/area. Ideally I would like to ring up HR and ask them however I'm keen to get this filled in ASAP. My question centres on the term 'placement' - to what exactly? Initially I thought location, but could it also mean department? I'm applying to Leiceste…

    • 4 replies
    • 513 views
  8. SCtechy
    Started by SCtechy,

    Hi guys, Here's a comical story for you. A few months ago I went through the SEARCH/NPIA assessment day with a neighboring force and attained a score of 59. I got two letters sent through the post, the first one from the NPIA stated "congratulations, you passed by meeting national standard" however stapled to the front of the letter was a covering document from the force I had applied to stating "Sorry we want 60, please ignore the NPIA letter you've failed - been unsuccessful" :new_doh2: Anyway, not to worry as the force I'm a special with is now recruiting PCs internally Today I contacted HR and was told I can transfer my score as the pass mark for my local force …

    • 3 replies
    • 435 views
  9. Parnham91
    Started by Parnham91,

    Hi, Is anyone else having difficulty getting in touch with the uniform stores? I'm trying to get my appointment but not having any luck. Ta.

    • 6 replies
    • 564 views
    Prae1546081277
  10. S1234
    Started by S1234,

    Just been told by CNC that I have to come down the day before my assessment centre for the CNC in Ryton to do my fitness test and firearms assessment. I was wondering if anyone knew if these tests are conducted within the NPIA building itself or elsewhere? I'm coming over from Belfast and alas don't know Coventry well at all! Cheers

    • 34 replies
    • 2.7k views
  11. PatDun
    Started by PatDun,

    Hi, I have been offered a PCSO post by BTP in the Ponty area of Wales.I Live in the Swansea area. Subject to passing the medical and would start in September. Training is 8 weeks in London,free accommodation etc. What's the problem you ask? Well have a wife and three young children. Possibly they may be another last intake next Feb 2013 my score runs out in March 2013. But it is no guarantee. Do I wait and take a chance for next intake, or take the job and try and transfer when a position is available for Swansea or Cardiff? It's hard enough to get to this stage and lots of thought. I am in a similar position with SWP there intake is later on in year. Arrr! Pickle I am…

    • 2 replies
    • 619 views
  12. fuzzstar
    Started by fuzzstar,

    Hi all. Been reading these forums for a long time but thought it's about time to register and post. Quick question, I live in Bristol but my girlfriend lives in Southampton and we're both currently looking to move to Southampton or the Hampshire area. If I want to apply for Hampshire Constabulary, can I do this whilst still living up my neck of the woods? I am actually in Southampton a lot more than I am Bristol, but my registered address would still be Bristol. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    • 9 replies
    • 806 views
    Smiley Culture +
  13. Cf-8
    Started by Cf-8,

    Hey all, just passed interview stage now got medical booked for next Thursday! I am fit and healthy (play football, got to gym a lot) but I had heart surgery when I was a child, it's all correct and have no problems ever doing any physical activity, also have a letter from my surgeon and GP stating I am fine in doing anything physical, I could join police/forces so pretty much normal, I have no problems it's just that I had the operation when I was young. Would this stop me getting in the specials? I don't see why it should as I am at no risk any more than anyone else. Just a bit worried because I've put a lot of hard work and effort and emotion into getting to this stag…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 797 views
  14. Rhod12
    Started by Rhod12,

    I’ve sent my application in, roughly how long should i wait for a reply? Confirmation that they’ve received my application? Many thanks in advance. :new_thanks:

    • 10 replies
    • 679 views
  15. Glynsmith1
    Started by Glynsmith1,

    ive been given the formal invitation to my training as my vetting has shown me and my family to be squeaky clean. my concern now is that i will be moving house after my induction but before my training starts. does anyone think that this could put me back or am i just worrying over nothing?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 377 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.