Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Parnham91
    Started by Parnham91,

    Hey, I start training on the 4th August. I haven't received my break down of what is covered each week. Anyone done training and can give me an insight? Thanks! X

    • 4 replies
    • 600 views
  2. One
    Started by One,

    So whats the difference between a CRB and Vetting?

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 6.3k views
  3. Boots
    Started by Boots,

    Hiya guys, In October 2011 I applied for the internal PC intake in my force, in short I passed but was not in the highest scoring bracket so did not get on the intake. I was under the impression that your assessment centre score (%) would be valid for 6 months, but I am hearing it can be anything up to two years. Can anyone clarify this? does it vary for internal and external recruitment campaigns? Thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 854 views
  4. Rob_SRi
    Started by Rob_SRi,

    Hey guys and gals! One of my first posts on here I've been an SC for a while now in West Mids and I love it.. I do near 100 hours a month around my day job (maybe cause im a little bit sad) but hey ho..im hooked! like a fair percentage of SC's im looking to join the regs and in the current climate thats proving, well, damn near impossible! if you're Scottish you're okay.. it seems a few Scotttish forces are recruiting...I'm willing to move and I'm almost tempted to go up there! but that is getting a little extreme and obviously they do have different laws etc up there and the accent could take a while to understand.. I thought black country accent was hard ! but if …

      • Like
    • 127 replies
    • 19k views
  5. Dermia
    Started by Dermia,

    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone thinks it would be possible for me to apply to be a special now, my birthday is the 16th October this year when i am finally 18, by the time i do anything i will be 18, do you recon i stand even the slightest chance if i was to apply? Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 621 views
    Space Marine1546081368
  6. shade1546080910
    Started by shade1546080910,

    Hi there, I was recently told by a specials applicant who got this from serving specials.. That if you get your date for your medical you have passed the vetting (Humberside) I asked this in force specific but do not have a definative answer. Am i been told right or is this wrong?? Only asking as i have my medical on 19th & If im successfull ill buy my boots. but if i havnt passed the vetting yet i dont see the point untill i know i passed. Many thanks for any reply.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 804 views
  7. Jellybean
    Started by Jellybean,

    Hello everyone, I've been studying and revising hard for the interview stage, trying to get my competancies answered etc. I bought a dvd/cd from How2become, I've been reading through what they recommend on how to structure your answers, as a result, I no longer have any idea where I stand, everything I believed would be considered as acceptable answers has now been tarnished. I now have no scenarios I could use to cover the competancies, the answers I had would last me about 30 seconds - 1 minute of talking, as opposed to the 5 minutes they could cover. My guess is that I need more time to experience the world, find those answers to the competancies!

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 2.6k views
  8. gp1983
    Started by gp1983,

    Hi there I hope someone can help me. After a year of applying, assements, etc, I finally got my medical booked in with West Yorkshire Police. However I received an email from their HR Department stating my application was now unsuccessful and that my medical had been cancelled because I had failed vetting. I rang HR and they were quite blunt and extremely unhelpful, basically telling me 'that's life'. I wrote to the head of the department who has written back to me stating the same. They won't tell me why I failed and have told me not to join again because they won't accept me. I find this heart breaking at this late stage and I'm at a complete loss as to what to d…

    • 34 replies
    • 4.4k views
  9. PatDun
    Started by PatDun,

    Hi passed fitness test just waiting for medical. Does anyone know when training will take place?

    • 1 reply
    • 484 views
  10. JheezeDan
    Started by JheezeDan,

    Hello guys and girls, I've been browsing on the forums now for a while ever since i applied to be a PCSO in the met police, im very pleased to say i passed the paper sift and the day one assessment and i have been given a date for my day 2 medical ( 3rd august ). The real reason im here is because i'm extremely worried about the vetting and the general admin side of the application process, one of the worries are the financial checks that are carried out i'm 19 and when i turned 18 i took out a phone contract and i did manage my finances fine i paid on time every month for about a year until i lost a contract for the company i was working for and obviously was unable t…

    • 8 replies
    • 893 views
  11. Iwanttobespecial
    Started by Iwanttobespecial,

    Hello all, I have recieved a letter saying that I am to attend assessment centre this month, short notice I know! Can any one explain what the situational judgement test is and to why it lasts 65 minutes? Many thanks in advance

    • 8 replies
    • 561 views
    Iwanttobespecial
  12. jack.t
    Started by jack.t,

    Hi Guys, Anybody else applied to Suffolk Specials? I sent in my application on Friday, to say i'm excited in an understatement. I know there is a long way to go yet, but even so. This is my second time applying to the specials; i applied once back in 2009 when i was 19. I passed the PIRT but failed one of the competencies on the interview. I am a different person in terms of confidence to what i was back then so i am very hopeful that i will make it this time! Anyhow, just a waiting game now and wondered if anybody else had chosen to apply? Cheers, Jack

    • 4 replies
    • 445 views
    killicksparker
  13. MindTheGap
    Started by MindTheGap +,

    Well I was reading my medication guidance stickers earlier and realised there's an error that could cause issues on my police medical, my inhalers were first prescribed on my diagnosis of asthma when I was a baby, starting with Terbutaline, taken "Two puffs four times daily" - this changed when I was 8 to Ventolin and to "Take two puffs when required" - however a cockup in 2002 has now affected me 10 years on, 10 years I've been ordering repeats of this inhaler and only just noticed the label reads "Inhale two puffs FOUR times DAILY when REQUIRED" - so would this be an issue with the police medical? My asthma is fairly controlled, allergy induced but would this cause me p…

    • 2 replies
    • 536 views
  14. Dermia
    Started by Dermia,

    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can take a rough guess at when/knows when applications for wyp specials will start to be accepted? Thanks!

    • 0 replies
    • 450 views
  15. Ad4m
    Started by Ad4m,

    Has anyone ever sat an assessment with Hampshire for PCSO roles? Just looking for general advice on written paper and the '5 minute prepared talk on the role of pcso' I'm hoping as its something you have to prepare for yourself you will be allowed to read it off paper and not by heart? Cheers.

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 3.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.