Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. willm94
    Started by willm94,

    I'm considering becoming a special and just thought I'd see what the view of serving officers/specials is concerning body size as this is one of the main things putting me off from applying currently. I'm 5' 9" and 70kg, I'm not a large build but I do a lot of weight training (5kg of my current weight has been gained since February!), these factors mixed with my young age (18) lead me to think I won't have the presence the majority of police officers I see have nor the experience to deal with some situations. I'm considering waiting another year or two to see if I increase in height, weight and size before applying but I've been keen on applying to the specials for years…

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  2. Jacob1029
    Started by Jacob1029,

    Hello all. First of all let me introduce myself, I am Jacob, aged 17,from Newark. I work Full time 8:15-5:45 Monday to Friday as a Mechanic on Buses. I am in an apprenticeship scheme, and have just completed my lvl2 with my lvl3 qualification to come next school year. I have always been passionate about joining the Police, but I don't feel (at least in the near future) it's a good idea for me to go into it full time. I've always had it in my heart that I wanted to do something like it at least, so I searched on Google "part time police in England" and here I am very excited about the idea of a Police Special. I'm turning 18 at August (I believe this is the minimum age…

    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Huckfish
    Started by Huckfish,

    Hi guys, Can anyone enlighten me as to what the time limits are in the PIRT and how many Q's are in each section? Need to get some practice in but the book I have doesn't have the breakdown for each section, just a load of practice Q's. Thanks alot!!! Huckfish

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. T18
    Started by T18,

    Hi guys, just going through the vetting process at the moment (not the CRB yet). Basically, I crashed my car last year, and I was cautioned at the scene so the Traffic Officer could take my statement. I wasn't cuffed or anything, he just sat with me in my Dad's car and took my statement.(no further action was taken) Now, when I did my CRB check for working with a Cub scout group, I ticked "yes" on whether I'd had a criminal conviction or been cautioned, and explained on a seperate piece of paper. I happened to mention it to another leader, who used to be a Police Officer. She said that it was a different kind of caution and I didn't have to tick the box. It was a bit of…

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    Are there any postmen/women currently working as a special as i was wondering if anyone had or is having trouble getting time off work for training

    • 6 replies
    • 618 views
  6. Fforest
    Started by Fforest,

    Hi everyone, I've been asked to provide contact details for references covering the last 3 years of employment. I'm told that if I've been in the same place for those 3 years then they also need a previous employer, as they need 2 references. My current employer recieved the form, did it, all good. However I spoke to pretty much the only remaining manager who I worked with at where I was before, (4 years ago part time) and he agreed happily to give me one. On seeing the form at my current work and seeing that it was quite long, I emailed my previous manager to check he had recieved it and was happy. This was several days ago and I've heard nothing. I'm now getting worrie…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.6k views
    iComputerSaysNo
  7. Joshemlyn
    Started by Joshemlyn,

    Hi, recently found out I have my interview tomorrow for south Wales pcso and whilst doing my prep I noticed people mentioning 7 competencies they were preparing for? Can any one kindly lust what these are as I can only find a few that may be the competencies in all my downloaded things? Thanks in advance

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
    SM17HY1546081268
  8. Parnham91
    Started by Parnham91,

    Hi Guys, I've been waiting for my vetting to go through for about 6 weeks now, I know that it does take a long time. If for any reason I failed it would they ring me and let me know? I cant think of any reason why I would fail it but I'm getting all worried :-( thanks.

    • 9 replies
    • 748 views
  9. timhawkfs40
    Started by timhawkfs40,

    Hey everyone So I have my referral interview to become a special constable next week and was wondering if any of you could give me advice and even things that could help me before the interview. Will be much appreciated. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 521 views
    Pablo Montoya
  10. Mrknowitall
    Started by Mrknowitall,

    Hi everyone, well ive been reading these forums for a long time while ive been awaiting my police constable process, i've been reading a gentlemans blog about his process, and its strange because on his first part he describes everything ive done. But yesterday i got an email ive been awaiting for, clearnace fromedical and vetting (vetting was delayed due to me going from a provisional to full) and i have been given an october course, one question, will this be at bishopgarth? And has anyone got any tips for me? Sorry if my spelling looks Odd, got a rubbish iphone and it dislikes my massive thumbs Ben.

    • 2 replies
    • 352 views
  11. Conor
    Started by Conor,

    Hello Everyone, I have an interview 26th of this month and I was wondering if there was any tips about the questions or what to expect?. Thank you, Conor.

    • 4 replies
    • 390 views
  12. specialconstable1
    Started by specialconstable1,

    I have been speaking to a few of my colleagues who took the regular assessment centre this week. A couple of them have mentioned that in one particular role play they failed to challenge a comment which was made which looking back was inappropriate. Are they likely to achieve a grade "D" in race and diversity and therefore fail the whole assessment centre!? Im really interested as hopefully I will be taking my assessment in September and therefore would appreciate any pointers in regards to this sort of thing.

    • 1 reply
    • 603 views
    specialconstable1
  13. sol-09
    Started by sol-09,

    Hey all! Just wondering if there's anyone else on here who passed the PIRT and has an interview date yet? The nerves are now setting in!!!

    • 3 replies
    • 428 views
  14. SpecialConstableAlex1546620718
    Started by SpecialConstableAlex1546620718,

    Warant Cards Do's and Dont's , does anyone want to shed some light on this one? :whistle2: for example: ID at a bank or post office, a club or pub, airport etc..

  15. Neotank
    Started by Neotank,

    Hi, so I've looked through this site god knows how many times on google over the years! And I've finally signed up! Hi all, I'm an ex SC from Essex who has recently applied and been accepted to start as a ddo in the met, does anyone know the salary? Also an approx start date? I passed in April and was told September earliest. After all the reference checks were finished I called HR who told me October but I will recieve a start date some time in August? I'm so keen to start as I've wanted to do this for years but it seems so far away! I've been told the delay is due to the Olympics, jubilee, carnivals etc. I'm gutted because I applied in November/December last year and i…

    • 3 replies
    • 542 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.