Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Tom
    Started by Tom,

    So following my previous post about my medical woes I managed to get my medical report arranged, ending up paying £27.50 for it as the very nice nurse thought £55 was too much, so that was good. Wrote a covering letter, scanned and emailed them over to the people in OHS on Friday, it was out of my hands now and I had to wait and see. Sitting at my desk this morning I get a call from OHS who are "more than happy" to approve my application" :D Absolutely thrilled with the news, now on to my uniform fitting on Thursday and first day of training on Saturday.

    • 10 replies
    • 586 views
  2. Bigmofaeglas
    Started by Bigmofaeglas,

    Hi, Good evening formers. Firstly let me may thank you for allowing me to Join this forum. This is not the only forum I use or are involved in. I would like to introduce myself. I am tom.I live in the South Yorkshire area. I am looking at the possibility of joining the specials. I have subsequently contacted HR services and have been invited to a group session PRE application. However, I have wrote to them reference me having criminal conviction(s) from when I was young and stupid. 15 years has since past since I was stupid and immature, however since then I am an armed officer for the FCO based in Libya. I have been a close protection officer for last 6 years and am h…

    • 2 replies
    • 393 views
  3. varghese88
    Started by varghese88,

    Hi guys, I applied to be a special in London met, passed my day 1 but then recieved an email stating the following. Your application has been unsuccessful due to you either failing to declare on your application form of any other investigations or involvements you have had with Police in the past, which we have traced, or a conviction that you hold/declared is deemed unsuitable against our conviction criteria. I have not been in trouble with the police before, except this one time i got caught using My fathers staff pass travelcard, which was an accident. I myself have a staff pass and have free travel but on that particular day picked up my fathers pass without realis…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. jack.t
    Started by jack.t,

    Hi All, Please forgive me if this has been asked before. I did a quick search but couldnt seem to find any information on it. I was wondering if anybody could give me more information on the written test which takes place at the assessment centre, and indeed whether this is something i need worry about. I attended an assessment centre back in 2009 for Hertfordshire Specials and sat the Verbal Logical Reasoning Test (different to what is currently in place), and the Written Test. I passed both, but i'm just wondering if i was lucky. I'd like to do further preparation to ensure i am as well prepared as possible. I am happy for somebody to point me to another thread if i…

    • 1 reply
    • 489 views
  5. danno86
    Started by danno86,

    Anyone know if there is a training course scheduled for october for west mercia

    • 0 replies
    • 376 views
  6. Geoffm123
    Started by Geoffm123,

    hi, I am new here so apologies if there is already a thread for this. Basically I start my training in a couple of months on weekends, but I have a holiday booked which runs over one of the weekends. is this a problem, or will i need to be put on the next batch? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 395 views
  7. PatDun
    Started by PatDun,

    Hi I had a hearing test conducted the other week, it was a bit unfair as it was not in a closed booth and was in the GP surgery, also you could hear people and doors banging in reception, and builders were on the roof, I may be rejected because of this and have spoken to the HR dept. arrrrrr!

    • 3 replies
    • 575 views
  8. Ether
    Started by Ether +,

    Looking at the Police post Winsor Police Service/Force, what affect is this having on new constables? The current pay scales are: £23,259 on initial employment £25,962 on completion of training £27,471 on completion of probation Has this changed???

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2.6k views
  9. savedpvtryan
    Started by savedpvtryan,

    Just recently applied to join the Specials with my local service, does anyone know how long it takes to process an application form aka receive a phone call or e-mail about the assessment day date? Thanks!

    • 6 replies
    • 406 views
  10. karl1
    Started by karl1,

    Hi I've just applied to be an Essex special and got an email about a initial training however it's ment to start on the 19th and I thought that I should look into what I need to read to pass. Also what is with the initial training. Any help will be much appreciated Karl

    • 5 replies
    • 440 views
  11. PatDun

    Question? I know I have asked this before, say for example you apply for two different services as a civillan PCSO, both are at the same stage, what happens if you get accepted for one post and the main police service you were after,suddenly offer you a posting say 4 months time? Whilst you are in the other service? For my mate

    • 0 replies
    • 460 views
  12. UKPolice
    Started by UKPolice,

    Hi all! Firstly I'm new to this forum, and so far I've found lots of great information! Ive only just sent of my application for SC and I was wondering how long it would be before I heard anything back? Such as an acknowledgement of them receiving the application to an interview date. I'm keen to get into the training. How long does the training last and what is normally the first duty you understake? Thank you in advance for any replies :-)

    • 26 replies
    • 1k views
  13. Gostling1546081327
    Started by Gostling1546081327,

    Morning all, Apologies if this has been asked previously, I have my PC Assessment Centre on the 19th of next month and I'm drafting up my answers to the competency interview questions. Would you think it inappropriate if I used one or two examples from specials duties I have performed, considering that they want to judge candidates as normal MOPs, not existing officers? I'll come up with responses both ways for now, Thanks!

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
    Gostling1546081327
  14. a4r0n89
    Started by a4r0n89,

    Had my uniform fitting today for nottinghamshire police for pcso role. i loved seeing the uniform after trying to get in for years having one fitted and try and stab vest on made me feel like a kid on christmas day. Got my medical in sept and vetting is on going still not taking it as i have got the job though until i get a letter stating my date for start as i feel like something is still going to pop up and say i havent got in even though there shouldnt be any issues

    • 2 replies
    • 630 views
  15. Scustevie
    Started by Scustevie,

    Hey, I was just wondering if any current Specials could give me a bit of advice. Basically, I'm interested in joining the specials for the Devon and Cornwall constabulary. What I want to know is if I'd need any specific qualifications or experience prior to joining. I mean, I do have good GCSE's, A-levels etc. And worked in numerous places. I'm just not sure wether I'd need to have a college course or something in policing? Also, is there anything I can do to boost my chances of getting in, such as courses in first aid and what not. Cheers, Steve.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 559 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.