Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi there, I apologise if you have had this question a million times before!, I am currently applying to become a Special Constable for Nottinghamshire Police (and am waiting for full time recruitment to become available also). However the only concern i have with my application is that i have a full sleeve black and grey tattoo on my right arm. Here is a pick of it: There is no text on the whole tattoo, and no images that i would deem as insulting or offensive. The whole tattoo is just cogs, gears, pistons and clock face. However i am concerned that just the simple size of the tattoo might be enough for a rejection?, I am of course happy to wear long sleeve sh…
-
hi im getting to the end of vetting now and was wondering how they notify you of results pass or fail
-
I have been curious about the fitness test, especially the push/pull part, after some searching I found the machines used and a video demonstrating it. The machine: http://concept2.co.uk/dyno/police Demonstration Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaGv_tzu5EU
-
Can anyone tell me if during the initial training you stay in the tullilan training complex? I mean throughout the week and home at the weekends? Thanks Chris
-
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site and only discovered it after asking a Special about recruitment today.....I thought he was a regular PC which really surprised me! Anyway, I'm really keen to join the Police but I know that the only real way to fulfil that is to start in the Specials...which I'm really up for. So. enough waffle; I'd be looking to join the Herts Specials and i wondered if anyone had any experience of Herts and the sort of timescales I could expect with regards to getting started really........ Thanks in anticipation
-
Hello everyone, Id like to start off by saying hello as this is my first post but have been lurking for a while. So hello! I've always been interested in the Police and decided that becoming a Special might help me in becoming a PC. I've sent off my preliminary application so waiting for my application pack now. I've read about people worrying about previous history with the Police in terms of convictions and warnings etc and wanted to ask a similar question myself. A number of years ago I was intoxicated and, to reasons I'd rather not discuss due to shame, although fairly obvious, I was going to get a £80 On The Spot fine, but the Officer used discretion and deci…
-
Done most of the form, came back to the "tattoos" part, I've got 1 on my back so I have created an email with a picture and included my full name.. It also asks for candidate number? Where can I find that? Thanks Ryan
-
Hey guys, Feels like an eternity has passed since I applied last November! Waiting eargely day by day for an update, but good things really do come to those who wait! However after all my concerns, doubts, and worries I have today received an offer of employment. I start training next week and can't wait, booking my uniform fitting tomorrow, im so happy my face hurts from smiling all afternoon! Thanks to all who gave support and advice in my previous posts, should anyone have any questions for someone whos very recently gone through the recruitment process, I am happy to take PM's! Thanks again!
-
How much of an issue 'on the job' would it be if you happened to be completely deaf in one ear, but completely fine in the other? I realize that the medical part would test you on it, but if all the test is, is a beeping test, then being deaf in one ear wouldn't have an impact on that really would it? But in terms of being out and about would it make it considerably more difficult? E.g dealing with the radio etc.
-
There has been a hiccup with my medical, and they said I wouldn't be able to go on my training thats starts Saturday 8th of September, so after 5 months of going through the application process I come to within the last 2 weeks and this happens. I am working to get it resolved as quickly as possible but feel red tape will hold me up. The usual process they seem to take to get further medical information is: Contact GP via letter requesting information GP sends letter back with invoice for payment Police Send Payment GP sends Medical Records Police assess the records and make a decision. As the normal process would have probably taken around 3 weeks to …
-
Hi All I have passed my medical and was just wondering if anyone knows when the training will commence? Thanks
-
Hey I've gone through all the recruitment stages for Lincolnshire police and start my training in october. I'm just wondering whether anyone else is due to start training for the specials? Thanks!
-
Passed my medical about a week ago!! I was so scared but it wasn't bad at all Just wondering whether anyone knew how long vetting should take? And if anyone knows when training starts for Lincs Police? Thank you
-
Ok, So I just want to try and get some reassurance from this forum about my application form as I'm worrying loads about not getting in! Back in 2000 (when I just turned 10) me and some 'friends' were up to no good after school.. as you could imagine, being young, bored, nothing to do.. so what do you do? One of the boys had a shouting at from the headteacher earlier that day and thought it would be a good idea to throw stones and the windows and smash them. We all joined in (guilty as charged) and then decided to enter the school. We was obviously caught but not until the following day when the CID came to my house and question me, or from what I can remember. Me…
-
Still no word of a medical date, but just got told by CNC HR today that even if I had a medical this month, i wouldn't be medically cleared in time for the 29th October training course for Sellafield/Dounreay But they did say that they are looking at a January course and it will possibly be Dounreay as well, so fingers crossed for that one! Good luck all who are going through any police training now or shortly.