Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
This topic may have been covered already however I would appreciate if anybody could help answer my questions. I have been waiting for the past 10 weeks well comin upto to 10 weeks in few days for my vetting to come through and I know due to the fact that my father was born abroad its suppose to take longer even though he's been here for the past 40 years, how long would this take and when does the vetting procedure actually start is it right after day 2 assessment? Myself and everyone in my family have never been in trouble with the police so I don't see any reason why I wouldn't be cleared! The other question is that last week some low life scum stole my car without …
-
Hi All, Not sure if this is the correct page for this question, but it does have the best foot-fall and therefore hopefully someone might have had the same experience! I'm currently in training, soon I will have DT2 where I'll be experiencing some PAVA being applied just under my eyes to learn what it's like. I'm completely fine with this and believe you should have experienced things which you will be able to dish out so you know exactly what it is like an be able to hopefully judge whether a situation warrants it or not. However, I had my eyes lasered to get in, and it cost mum and dad a pretty penny. The results are amazing and it was money well spent. I asked my o…
-
I have attended my assessment day,but I wasnt given my extra time due to my dyslexia of which they were aware of,but no one mentioed during my assessments when leaving I did flag this matter up, and received an email explaining that would I like to go back and re sit my tests again as was an error on there part,I wanted to know if I had passed or failed as did adapt to the situation in hand,I emailed back explaining that I would like to re sit test,but recruitment still have not got back to me again,its the not knowing where I stand now
-
Hi, having spent a lot of time on these forums and researching I am, like all of you, beginning to realise that most forces in the future will recruit from Specials/PCSO and so I have seen more and more young people who would not have considered the Specials post on here and apply (nothing wrong with this as I would have done exactly the same) My question is twofold, I am 42 and am due to start training in the next month and whilst I am as excited as a kid on Xmas Eve I have this nagging in my head that I am taking a space of a young "Career" reg who is using the specials to become a Reg. At my age and with my lifestyle I am planning on staying a "Career" Special but f…
-
Hi guys, I have my Specials assessment centre at end of Feb and just wanted some advice. I will be doing a competency interview, situational judgement test and another written exercise. In the letter they have said the interview will test me on four competencies, the same ones as on my application form. Should I just remember these? Cheers for all your help!
-
-
- 10 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
hiya sent my app away via email for the september 2012 intake. Should I get a confirmation email saying theyve received it? Anyone else applied?
-
- 1 reply
- 613 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all Im fairly new to this forum, but lost my password. I recently applied to the Specials with Lothian & Borders. I have the SET test in a couple of weeks and was just wondering if its different than the one for regular police officers or the same. I applied for the regular police (L&B) last year and passed 2 of the 3 papers with a high mark, but failed the maths paper by 1 mark therefore resulting in me being unsuccessful, to say i was gutted is an understatement :sad: . If its the same sort of paper, is there any good revision tips? Many thanks in advance Jamie
-
Hi, does anyone know how many BTP intake dates for PCSO will be in a year, missed May but can go on next intake anyone else?
-
Hi, I have just passed my assessment and have my medical on the 24th April. My concern is I am sure I will need to have my eyes lasered and the training course starts on the 23rd June. Am I right in thinking my eyes have to be tested 6 weeks after surgery? and how long before the training course starts do I need to have final confirmation that I am fit to attend? For example could I have my medical the day before the 6mth training course starts? really do not want to miss the start date in June to have to wait till January!
-
Hi Guys, I received my letter last week to say I'd passed my assesment, now for the medical and vetting. I'm worried about vetting and the financial checks. Nobody in my family has a record or been in any trouble before so I hope that's ok. I'm a bit worried about the financial checks because my credit rating isn't fantastic. I've never been bankrupt, a CCJ, or a store card removed or anything but my overall rating isn't too good... could this go against me? Also, how long does vetting usually take? I feel like I'm so close, just waiting for something to go wrong! Such a worrier. If anybody has any information or advice please let me know. Thank you :new_eyebrow:
-
Hey I'm new here so please go easy. I have had a browse around and could not find a definitive answer.... Are the special constables required to do role play scenarios or presentations on assessment day. Or is this just for the regs? Thanks
-
Hello all... Received a letter this morning with all my training dates, so excited... Module 1 course 27-29 April Defensive Tactics (cuff/udt) 18-20 May Defensive Tactics (baton/pava) 25-27 May Module 2 Course 15-17 June First Aid Day 22-24 June Anybody else on this intake??...Also is there anybody that can give me a few ideas of what to expect. I'm applying for Lancs if that helps... Still got my vetting and medical to do, but luckily they have let me on training early... thanks abbie
-
Hi I passed the BTP recruitment for Wales and also passed the vetting checks. They wanted me to have a medical this week and for the intake for this may, due to not having my consent on time due to the easter week, they had to cancel the medical and due to being so near the intake date, i have been put on hold for the time being until the next intake, I am on the list for 12 months, I wonder if I will have a chance, or will it mean I have lost out? does anyone else had a similar problem? Patrick
-
Hi, I've got my PIRT coming up in the next few days (numeracy) and it's worrying to say the least... I've always been aware of the time restrictions but 25 questions in 12 muinutes, I'm expecting it to be rather difficult. I've timed myself using the books and I've done the practice tests, I cannot do more than 14 in the time limit. I had an e-mail from recruitment and they've provided me with some samples; but they seem to be much easier than the ones I have in my book - I struggle with maths, I always have and always will. English I'm fine with but maths is something else... Can someone offer me the best preparation advice please? Is it essential to answer all of…
-
Morning After recently just failing my appeal to re-join as a Special with the MET, because of references i was wondering if i would be able to ever get in? When joining another force would they check references from previous Force or will they want references from previous employment. (full-time)