Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. lizzybuff
    Started by lizzybuff,

    i have been waiting for my vetting to get done for about 23 weeks now, and although i have no criminal record and nor do any member f my family a am worried i will be rejected on financial grounds. i had a load and credit card in 2006 and then subsequently lost my job due to injury at work so couldnt pay it off...i am still out of work and still unable to pay it off in full. i do not have any CCJs that i am aware of and im not bankrupt. i owe about 3600 pounds which i am gradually paying off would this be a cause for my vetting to be rejected?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 841 views
  2. Nim
    Started by Nim,

    Surrey are currently recruiting for PCSOs and PSOs - details and applications on their website if anyone is interested.

    • 7 replies
    • 857 views
  3. mcguire247
    Started by mcguire247,

    I'm in the process of waiting on vetting checks to confirm a start date for the Special Constable training. But something I found out today concerned me a little. Basically staff from the Met rang my place of work to check on some details through my application which was fine,although I wasn't at my workplace at the time and so the staff member at the Met had decided to tell a member of staff (The Caretaker) where I work, that they needed to clear up some details through my Police Special Constable application. So imagine my surprise when the Caretaker at my workplace filled me in with the conversation he had with the caller. I was fully aware that someone might need to…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 942 views
  4. Zone
    Started by Zone,

    Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows (roughly) what the PRIT pass mark is? I've heard some people say it's 50% but others go right up to 90%... thanks in advance.

    • 5 replies
    • 681 views
  5. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    some pc's treat special constables like pcso's. ( like crap) would you treat them the same if you went on foot patrol with them? i'm thinking of joining the specials, but if they treat you like crap i'll forget it.

    Backlash1546620801
  6. Patryk
    Started by Patryk,

    Hello, I'm Patryk I have some questions about Special Constabulary. I will be grateful if someone will try to answer them. Does Police inform unsuccessful candidates? Because it's month now and I didn't receive any information. Does my nationality will play big part in recruitment? (I'm from Poland) And how deeply they look into grammar and punctuation on writing exam? Thank You for your time Patryk

    • 2 replies
    • 729 views
    Mr So Special
  7. LMAB90

    Just a general question, Can anyone in the know give the heads up on those police forces which are likely to be recruiting externally for PCs during 2012? After having being totally messed around by BTP, I'm looking to apply to a force for the Regs, that's if there are any that will be looking externally through 2012 of course...

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 14.6k views
  8. MikeU215
    Started by MikeU215,

    Hello, Im currently in the recruitment process. Ive been told that even if you pass the fitness test you can still got knocked back on the medical due to your BMI ? Is this true ? I understand its true for Regular applicants but was wondering if it was the same for the Specials ? Thanks for helping. Mike.

    • 7 replies
    • 814 views
  9. Neenor1546081370
    Started by Neenor1546081370,

    Is it ok to have 3 points on your licence to become a Special?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 783 views
  10. paigemcdonagh
    Started by paigemcdonagh,

    I received an email today to say that I have to attend a Special Constable Support Presentation. Does this then mean I have passed the paper sift stage or not? Totally confused at the moment. The email states that once I attend this presentation i have to book on my 2 day's, so I'm assuming I've passed? What are these presentations like? Dress code? Really don't want to make a bad impression Thanks for the help! Paige

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 720 views
  11. Zone
    Started by Zone,

    "Please bring with you a form of photographic ID from the list below. * A full ten-year passport * Photographic British Driving Licence" ...and if I don't have any of these? I take it I'm a bit screwed or I'll have to go and get a passport?

    • 2 replies
    • 618 views
    Marty McFly1546081284
  12. Neenor1546081370
    Started by Neenor1546081370,

    Hi, I have just started to practice the 15m bleep test and can only just reach level 4, but then I collapse :D I'm a 39 year old woman and I thought I was reasonably fit, but saying that I don't do any exercise so to be honest very naive! I have 3 weeks to go till my assessment and wondered how I can get my level up to the 5.4 without collapsing at the end, should I do the bleep test every day or start jogging or rowing machine, whats best and does not involve me paying to go to a gym?

      • Like
    • 93 replies
    • 36.4k views
    Neenor1546081370
  13. ilpadrino
    Started by ilpadrino,

    Hi im new to this and im particularly interested to hear from people who have been in the same situation with NWP. After passing all recruitment stages I got a letter saying I had failed the vetting. Im am unsure why as I have no cautions or convictions. After contacting vetting they have decided to review my app as I learnt from my mum that she had been involved in a police investigation due to a false allagation which was proven false by the police.so i gave a full account of the facts and that i hadnt known to vetting and they have decided to review. Has any one been in this situation before and also what do you think my chances of a sucessful appeal are? Thanks for …

    • 2 replies
    • 812 views
  14. Blizzard1986
    Started by Blizzard1986,

    Is it advisable to start reading it before getting to the training? Do you have to learn X amount of it or just certain sections? Just want to give start early before I start my training in May.

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 883 views
  15. TheOldBill0

    West Yorkshire have updated their regulars recruitment page and although they won't be offering appointments until next year, a registration form is now available to be kept up to date on the recruitment situation. Knock yourselves out... http://www.wypjobs.co.uk/policeofficers/index.cfm

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.