Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Afternoon Ladies & Gents, Just wandering im pretty sure i can guess the answer but if you were to fail the application process with a scottish force then would you still have to wait the 6 months before applying for a english force? Thanks in advance Chris
-
Hello, I have recently done my 2nd assessment. Got told I passed my medical and also passed my fitness test. We where then sent to the uniform fitting, which they weren't no longer doing it, as their rules had changed. We go told by a police man. I'm very confused and I'm sorry if this actually sounds stupid. But have I passed my 2nd assessment, or will I have to wait for an email from the police? Very confused at the moment. Thank you
-
Hi All I'm interested in knowing of those of you who are specials, how many intend, if given the chance, to apply as a regular? Having spoken to lots of people along the way whilst applying myself the general consensus, especially amongst applicants my age (fast-approaching mid-twenties ) is that it is a tactical career move. For me having applied a couple of times before recruitment for PCs froze back in 2008/9 becoming a Special (I hope) will give me the experience and to gain a good rep amongst my colleagues, so when an internal intake happens I will be able to apply. I realise this is a 'ideal' view, but I am an optimist :lol: (p.s I don't expect this plan to come …
-
Hi Team, I have almost completed my training to be a Met Special and eventually want to go regular. How is this done? Any details would be fantastic, my knowledge of the process so far is: IPS PLC '2B' Course (I don't know if that's right?) Your in So things of interest . . . is it worth paying for the PLC as a special to jump the queue? At what stages can people fail? Any details about IPS? How long does it take to get IPS? At what stages do waiting lists occur? Anything you know which you think might help me? It would be great to hear from you if you don't know for sure but have a reasoned opinion. Much love Stan
-
Hello everyone, LONG POST WARNING, danger of nodding off! :new_yawn: Applied July 2011 Passed Paper Sift July Passed Assessment Centre August Passed Fitness September Failed Medical October - referred to GP Passed Vetting December Just a few abbreviations before telling my tale of woe….. WCH - White Coat Hypertension BP - Blood Pressure OHN - Occupational Health Nurse TISFIIRWI - This is so frustrating is it really worth it? There’s a few more that spring to mind, but I’ll try and keep it clean! Apologies for the length of this post, but I wanted to try and get across the ongoing frustrations as they unfolded So back to the medical in October…..for thos…
-
Just a very simple question. How much notice will i get of my starting training for the met? ive been forgotten about twice by recruitment for my day two and so didnt get put on the march training and was told my name would be put on the april list and theyd confirm in a weeks time. its been two and a half weeks now and i need to know so i can schedule around it. its supposed to start on the tenth april which sounds a long time away but its not. anyone had similar things? for the record i was only told about my day two the week before it and even then was given two different dates and times.
-
-
I attended my assessments on Sunday 12th at Cwmbran for gwent police, PCSO. I was wondering if a) there is anyone else who also attended over last weekend and b) if anyone has heard when we should receive our results??... Thanks
-
I know this sounds stupid but just how formal are they expecting me to be dressed for my assessment day this weekend?
-
Good evening everyone, I've noticed that a few of the Scottish Police Forces are currently recruiting and I'm seriously considering applying to one. I know that the Scottish recruitment process is quite different from that of England and Wales but I'm keen to know the full differences. I've obviously already done a considerable amount of research but I can't find much specific detail about the assessment centre. It looks like the Scottish version is based around scenarios designed to assess you against certain competences. However it looks as though they are team, rather than individual, assessments. Anyone have any experience of this who can shed a little more ligh…
-
Hi I have had my interview today and i can not wait to find out how i did. If you pass do you find out via a telephone call on the day, or do you have to wait for letter? Thanks
-
Hi, hopefully someone can help! Just wondering if your over your expected BMI, do you automatically fail the medical? Thanks
-
Hi can anyone give me any advise.As i start my assessment on 4th of April
-
-
- 4 replies
- 664 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone Today I received a very exciting phone call, recruitment (I am applying to Lancs) called me this afternoon inviting me to an interview on Monday! They had a candidate drop out and invited me to fill their spot. I'm very excited and instantly said yes, though I now have only a few days to prepare (though I have been kind of preparing for this for a while now). If anyone has any advice on how best to approach the interview it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
-
Hello all Can anybody shed any light on what is classed as a partner within the police? Somebody you live with and are in a relationship? Somebody you have been dating for X amount of time? etc. The reason I am asking is because I filled out the info the FOC ( Foreign and Commonwealth Office) asked for online and I put down my girlfriend as my partner yet we are not living together and have only been together for 11 months. I was in 2 minds to ring them and query it but then I thought that it was better to put it down and not need it rather then not put it down and make it look like I was hiding something. Any input would be appreciated because I am a little confused as…