Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Rob F
    Started by Rob F,

    Hi guys Just practicing for my interview, not that my application would have even been read yet, but may as well prepare in the event of being asked along to an assessment day! I have been reading into structured ways of covering the core skills and had a couple of questions: I work in a school and have done for years. A lot of incidents or bullying that I deal with are aimed at overweight students. I deal with this regularly and I'm wondering if 'overweight' accounts would be covered by the 'race and diversity' competency. Also, there is another field that probably doesn't apply much outside of the school yard, which is the social groups of students. If a student do…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Rosco P Coltrane
  2. Blizzard1986
    Started by Blizzard1986,

    Title says it all really :-) had it this morning and passed easily and just got to wait for vetting and references. Had phone call from vetting monday asking for statement from my debt management company to see how I am managing payments etc etc. Looks like my vetting is well under way so good thing I have not been declined flat out :-) not long hopefully till I get training date and fingers crossed everything is ok.

    • 21 replies
    • 886 views
  3. Apple_iPlod
    Started by Apple_iPlod,

    Hi, I have an upcoming interview at Portal Security in Blackpool (Private Security Company). I have heard various rumours that the force do not take on people if there current job is being a Security Officer. Is this true? Does anyone know any Specials that are Security Officers themselves? All help is appreciated. A.Stott.

    • 10 replies
    • 959 views
  4. megkram
    Started by megkram,

    Hi if anyone can shed any light on this i would really appreciate it, i have applied with GMP, I have passed the assessment, the fitness, i have my medical in a few weeks. I have filled in my vetting forms and sent them off, but the more posts i read in the forums is making me think twice about past debt. On the vetting forms it stated answers relate to the last 6 years for my finacial info - One of the questions as you are prob aware is - have you ever ben bankrupt, in 1998 me and my wife had a newsagent which failed and we had to declare ourselves bankrupt. i have not put this down as it was a long time ago, but i have just read they may check to see if you have ev…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  5. MrMover
    Started by MrMover,

    Hello, I'm just checking in to write that I have just done (on Saturday 3rd March) my day 1 with South Yorkshire Police. I started my day at 09:30 when I arrived at the training centre. I sat with 7 other candidates and we had some conversation amongst ourselves prior to being called into a classroom. We then received a briefing and carried out 2 written excersises (1 Q&A sheet and 1 written test). We were then taken individually for our interviews. The interview for me was with only 1 person, not sure about the others (I think one person had an observer in their room) but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I had expected to be questioned on why I wanted t…

    • 2 replies
    • 470 views
    Neenor1546081370
  6. Paulington
    Started by Paulington,

    Hi there guys! I have a question which I cannot seem to find the answer to and I am hoping some on here were in my situation at some point and able to shed some light on it! Basically, I would like to join the Regulars after some time in the Specials as I am studying for my degrees and I'd like to work properly rather than voluntarily during this period, not for money but because being a Regular officer is something I've always liked to do. Due to previous firearms experience my eventual goal would be becoming an SFO or a senior RPU officer.. However! There is a fitness test... My push/pull would be fine as I am strong as I can attend the gym, however, I am registered…

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 799 views
  7. LeeHardy
    Started by LeeHardy,

    I am just wondering if anybody could message me letting me know some information that you think I could do with knowing, or where I could find information that I could do with knowing to become a Police Special. I have applied with the MET Police. Any information would be great!! Thanks. Lee

    • 2 replies
    • 409 views
  8. IndiaTango
    Started by IndiaTango,

    Hey guys, I think I should already know the answer to this question, however I can't seem to think of one. Would I be restricted in joining the Special Constabulary if I were to work in a bar/pub? I've just had an interview for working around 16 hours a week in one of the local pubs and it's all that's going but I don't want this to get in the way of becoming a Special. Many thanks, ITaylor

    • 14 replies
    • 770 views
    SC Ben1546081185
  9. scnickr
    Started by scnickr,

    I'm hoping to compile a list of forces that are recruiting, or have recruited recently, from Police Staff, PCSO's and/or Specials. I'm aware the Met have from Specials and Essex currently are from all 3 groups. Any others? Thanks.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. Space Marine1546081368
    Started by Space Marine1546081368,

    Right, I'm quite new and this is my first post so i hope i've done this right I'm only 18 and a half, and I hope to join the specials for Leicestershire constabulary whilst at University. Basically i need some help with the last section of the form, the competency assessment bit. The question is this, 'Please recall an occassion when you had to deal with someone who had been unhappy with the service they had been given or the way they had been treated.' Then I have to answer various questions like what you did to sort out the problem etc. The problem i have is that i cant think of one. I cant really get any situations from jobs ive had, because the only job ive had…

    • 6 replies
    • 4.2k views
    Layla1546081366
  11. jules2000
    Started by jules2000,

    Hi i had my A/c and Interview last Monday with Derbyshire Police and asking about friends who have gone through the national NPIA standards have all said they got their results back within 7 days ... they have told us 20 days but the NPIA state they have a 5 day or before turnaround?? Can anyone shed any light on this please... I know it has only been a week since i went for my assessment but every time the post man comes im staright to the door.. i really want to know if ive made it as this is the 3rd attempt now!!.. Done nothing but prepare for 3 months for this , felt the a/c and i/v went ok but cannot be too sure as they dont give anything away.. i knwo that when i…

  12. xAbz91x
    Started by xAbz91x,

    Hi all, Got my physical at 6pm on Monday...Little bit nervous, but have been trying my best to get my fitness right... It's a little bit off topic, but was wondering if anybody knew which bus to get from Preston centre to the HQ in Preston??...Or how much a taxi would be.... Thankyou abbie

    • 8 replies
    • 498 views
    InspectorJavert +
  13. adamh
    Started by adamh,

    Applying to become a police special is something I have been considering for quite a while now. Got a few final questions before I submit my application! I am a University student currently studying in Coventry. I live in Coventry during each term and return home (to Bournemouth) during every holiday. Would it be a problem applying to Coventry and leaving for 3 months during the summer to return back home? Would I be able to transfer my position over to Bournemouth during academic holidays? Any help and advice from others who have faced a similar situation would be much appreciated. Many thanks, Adam

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Deleted
    Started by Deleted,

    Just after any experience that anyone has with Talking Blues. I notice that they do an application form checking service which I won't be using. What does interest me is their one day assessment centre preparation course. It's a little pricey at £145 so I'd be grateful to hear about any experiences. Thanks in advance. Gene

    • 7 replies
    • 2.3k views
  15. ldb225
    Started by ldb225,

    As above, NWP have just opened a window of PCSO recruitment across the entire force area. Incase anybody is interested in applying! http://www.north-wales.police.uk/recruitment/pcsos.aspx

    • 8 replies
    • 3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.