Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. JJ2389
    Started by JJ2389,

    Morning all. I hope someone could kindly shed some light on this topic. I applied to become a MSC early last year and had my Day 1 and passed and was also given my Day 2 date. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I had deciced not to go ahead with the rest of the process and would apply again when possible. I have now applied just towards the end of last year and waiting for a response. I was just wondering even though I have passed my Day 1 once already, do I HAVE to go through it all over again or is there any way around this? Sorry if this questioned has already been asked on this forum but I would appriciate if I could get some 'kind' responses! Thank you guys!

    • 1 reply
    • 492 views
  2. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    I've just seen a Police Staff job on a website. Is it better for me to apply using the 'public' external process or is there a benefit of tracking the job down on the intranet through HR and applying that way? Will there be a different application process? I will assume it will be force dependent, but if you know in your force, please let me know. I'll find out tomorrow if I make it to the station, but it's a 20 minute drive to get there so, is it worth the trip? Please and thank you

    • 3 replies
    • 517 views
  3. BlockMan
    Started by BlockMan,

    I have applied for the CNC and I was wondering, will they check my credit report? Today I looked at it, my score is "fair". I have got two credit cards which I got in the summer, they are both paid up and have zero balance. and a month ago I paid off my loan. I have one default from back in 2007 which was not my fault, but as soon as the issue was bought to my attention it was sorted! Do I need to worry about this? Thanks in advance!

    • 7 replies
    • 582 views
  4. miller86
    Started by miller86,

    I am trying to get into the police as a PCSO, I have been waiting and waiting for northants police to start recruiting so i can apply. Does anyone know when they will be recruiting as it seems forever

    • 4 replies
    • 436 views
    Removed User 31-03-22
  5. kennyross1078
    Started by kennyross1078,

    I served as a special with West Mercia between 1991 and 98. Are there still anyone from this time still serving? I left to join the MDP.

    • 0 replies
    • 503 views
  6. .James
    Started by .James,

    Hey Here's an interesting one for you. I've been carefully sifting my way through the application form for a Special, but I've never worked for another person. When i was 18 i went straight into self employment - It wasn't really an option, my income suddenly became high and HM thought it was time i started paying my taxes . Do you recommend listing my Self Employment as my current employment? (It says on the application form they will contact my past employers..but they can't really contact me, can they?). The only real employment I've had was my work experience way back in High school but I'm not sure if i should list that, i doubt the guy will remember me. Thanks…

    • 3 replies
    • 499 views
  7. wannabe cop
    Started by wannabe cop,

    Well, last week, went to WGC to OHC and did the medical in about an hour. Unfortunately, have to lost about 8kg by middle of Feb 2012 and increase my lung capacity. Hopefully, not a setback as other things can progress whilst this is checked again. Vetting is still progressing too so no news is good news as yet - this is my biggest worry due to some motoring offences. Have not had anything from fitness yet either so thats good news. At least whilst I am excercising and trying to lose weight, it will help me for that. Went for an hours brisk walk today with some jogging in between so its a good start. Work tomorrow so intend to do 45 mins walk during lunch to keep u…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. hopeless_place
    Started by hopeless_place,

    Hi I am going through the vetting process now, was just wondering out of experience if anyone knew how long this takes. Also, once we start training, how long is training. I know there is a one week full time session. But then there is also night classes. Can anyone give me some more information on this.

    • 6 replies
    • 645 views
  9. rachael27161
    Started by rachael27161,

    Hi, I had my day 1 assesment on 13.02.12, I think it went ok- although I am kicking myself about some answers that I gave and didn't give in my interview! I was really nervous but tried to be confident, so I hope the interviewers will have noticed this, they did probe me quite alot - but isn't that just to get the best answer from me? Also, how long did everybody wait for their results? Did you receive it via email or a letter through the post? Thanks guys

    • 13 replies
    • 926 views
  10. AaronLJStone
    Started by AaronLJStone,

    I recieved my letter confirming that I'd passed the initial paper sift today, something which I'm absolutely over the moon about. As of yet, I don't have any tattoos, and as such the section regarding tattoos on the application was left blank. In the next few weeks I was thinking of getting a tattoo - would it be wise to get it done, then send details to the recruitment office, or ask the office first? The tattoo would be on the upper arm, so it wouldn't be visible, but then again, it's better to be safe. I get the feeling I've already asnwered my own question, but I thought I'd ask here first to get some input. Cheers.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 696 views
  11. Robshephard
    Started by Robshephard,

    Hi all, I have recently recieved the workbooks and have completed the potmoodle modules (if you are familiar with that) and I'm really struggling with revising things. It's been a long time since I have had to revise and it's not coming easy. There is so so much to remember. Im worried im going to get to the classroom sessions and not remember anything.Any advise or help would be appreciated. Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 448 views
  12. steven171090
    Started by steven171090,

    I am filling out te vetting forms for my application as a special constable for the met police and I am unable to fill in the details of my father such as address, occupation etc as I have no contact with him. What do I do, I know they are very picky on these sort of things?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 813 views
  13. steven171090
    Started by steven171090,

    So I recently had my day 1 at the peel centre and have just received work that I have successfully passed day 1!!!! SO HAPPY!

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 539 views
  14. noel1546620730
    Started by noel1546620730,

    Hi all, just wondered if anybody has applied for the above which is closing on 19/02/12? I have recently left my PCSO role of three years to another staff role in order to attempt to get into specials (conflict of interest) and use the next few years gaining experience of arrests etc in the hope it will benefiticial to me for when them doors open again :-/ I had a start date scrapped in the cuts back in 2010 for city of london force, so i am hoping this will be the right decision for myself to progress and expand my knowledge. maybe we could use this thread as an update page to keep one another in the loop? good luck to anybody applying!

  15. Lincoln SC
    Started by Lincoln SC,

    Hello! I'm in my first year of engineering at Leicester. Narrowed my choices down to either applying to be a royal military police officer (+ apply for undergrad bursary), or being a regular police officer. I'm just wondering if anyone who has experience would be able to advise on best choice here? (pay/enjoyment/etc.) I've been in a relationship for 2 years now and am aware of the problems with being away from home, but am the kind of person who gets bored very easily, and really fancies a challenge. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 4.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.