Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. wannabe cop
    Started by wannabe cop,

    All, I still have not heard anything and either should be pleased that they have not thrown it out or continue to be cautious. I booked myself with my contact at HQ the fitness test and did not say anything like - don't bother. I have my Medical re-test and i enquired if I should have heard anything about my fitness and she advised that I cannot do the fitness until I was passed fit. So she offered to book me on the 20th for fitness assuming that the medical goes OK. So I am thinking good. Its been 8 weeks since I sent off my Vetting forms. I checked experian too and no searches on my credit file have been made so am I being pre-mature? Thanks. Nahim

    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
  2. SC9371_Jake
    Started by SC9371_Jake,

    Do special constables get pnn email addresses, if so, when do they get issued? Any advise would be good! Looking to get verified on this forum! Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 653 views
  3. Deividdo
    Started by Deividdo,

    Hi, Before I ask my question, this is not about the issue of not declaring them or not. I have posted my application, and gave the information to the best of my knowledge regarding the offences. I have never been convicted, questioned by police at a station, sent to jail, or been before a court. The offences (if any) were minor. I was a nuisance as a child, and tested the law. There is also a chance that I may be confusing a 'pink slip' that acknowledges that fact that I was stopped and searched by police officers with a caution. I am not certain, so I just put down what I could. Here, is the problem, would they halt the process of my application due to an offence (suc…

    • 0 replies
    • 452 views
  4. AaronLJStone
    Started by AaronLJStone,

    So, on the SC Registration Form V2, I think I might have forgotten to put my National Insurance down. Yeah, silly mistake, I'm aware. We all make them. Anyway, to get to the point, should I email the recruitment office (in my case the Devon & Cornwall DIvision), or should I wait?

    • 3 replies
    • 454 views
  5. Paulington
    Started by Paulington,

    Hey there readers, I am just a bit puzzled here. I have looked at a shedload of posts on here about the Interview/Assessment which I am due to attend on the 8th of February after passing the PIRT on the 17th of January. However, almost everyone gives the same advice: "Revise your core competencies, practice verbal and logical reasoning and finally practice for the written and verbal tests". However, my issue is that I received my interview invitation by e-mail and everyone seems to say that the core competencies that you have to revise are sent with your Interview/Assessment invitation which of course it wasn't, no e-mail attachment and no physical mail. Has anyone …

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. agb81
    Started by agb81,

    Hello folks, I have my medical this week for Merseyside Police and although I'm medically fine I'm a little worried I will be refused entry as I have spent a short period of time recently on Citalopram prescribed to me by my GP after I experience difficulty sleeping as a result of moving house. Although I have always experienced difficulty sleeping I got to the stage were I was lucky to get 4-5 hours a night sleep. My GP said it is common for people to experience lack of sleep due to the stress, etc of moving and said I should take the tablets to help but I would not notice a difference for 6 months. After taking the tablets for 2 months I returned to my GP (at the e…

    • 3 replies
    • 623 views
    Betty1546081353
  7. Deividdo
    Started by Deividdo,

    Hello, I have taken a big interest into the police service, and decided that I want to be apart of it. Unfortunately, I am aware that some forces are not recruiting at all for police officers, and so I decided that maybe I should join the Special Constabulary. Today, I found out that my local force has officially announced on their website that they are now recruiting for the Special Constable role. I must admit, I have only started taking an interest into it, and so I haven't done like a year's worth of research into what I will be doing, etc; but I do have a fundamental idea reading articles online, official HOC documents, and of course, the television programmes that…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 935 views
  8. tommyp92
    Started by tommyp92,

    Hey all, I originally submitted my application for a Special Constable way back in September 2010! Yes it feels like a loooong time ago. I had my interview in February 2011, Fitness test in July 2011 and Medical in November 2011. The gap between the interview and Fitness test was because I broke my leg which I definitely did not break whilst dancing. Anyway I received a phone call yesterday from recruitment asking me to re do my fitness test and interview because so much time had passed. I understand this completely, people can change over the course of a year and it would be right to re interview them. Plus the fitness test but after what Christmas did to me I'm …

    • 3 replies
    • 588 views
  9. captain_flynn1546620799
    Started by captain_flynn1546620799 * ,

    Hi guys, I got a call yesterday to attend an assessment at Kidlington with Thames Valley Police on February 4th. I confess i'm really nervous but excited at the same time. What can I expect of the assessment process? I understand there are group and individual parts to it. Any ideas what they consist of though? I'm hoping to become a Special Constable as a stepping stone to becoming a Police officer, but as i'm relatively new to all this I am looking for as much advice as possible. I originally started out training to be a pilot but had a change of heart over the past 2 years. :) Thanks in advance for anyone offering advice :) Ashley

    captain_flynn1546620799 *
  10. rabbit
    Started by rabbit,

    Hello I have my PIR tests coming up for Lancashire at the end of this month (I'm so excited!) I already have a few books and have been revising and practising for the tests for a while now. I'd like to hear about other people's experiences throughout specials recruitment, especially Lancs. Any other relevant information would be greatly appreciated also :D Thanks

    • 18 replies
    • 1.5k views
  11. Nally
    Started by Nally,

    Hi, Hoping for some advice. I applied online for a Special Constable with the Merseyside Police on Sunday (23/01/12). I received an email yesterday to confirm my application has been accepted and I have booked a time slot for the recruitment test at the HQ. When I filled my form I'm I said I had nothing to declare. I then remembered that 7 years ago I was pulled over by a police patrol car for excess speed in a 30MPH. I felt hard done by as I seen the police car behind me and I was approaching a roundabout. I therefore appealed it and I received a letter saying they have received my letter and it has been put on hold. I have not heard anything since then (near…

    • 5 replies
    • 694 views
  12. crash detective
    Started by crash detective,

    I have the PIRT tomorrow, and I bought one of those books off the net. Kinda wished I didn't now. When it comes to answering the 'impossible to say' I find it unpredictable in the answers section. For example: Kiri Nunn was crossing the High Street when she was hit by a car. Q2. Kiri has no enemies True, False or Impossible to say. You would think 'impossible to say' right? NO, it says it false.? Has anybody got any tips on how to decipher the impossible? Much appreciated.

    • 11 replies
    • 656 views
  13. Potential Special
    Started by Potential Special,

    Hi, Looking for some information, if a person failed vetting could that be as a result of non/poor references or is vetting only going to include background security/ criminal checks of myself and family?? Thanking you in advance

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 912 views
    Marty McFly1546081284
  14. Jennifer1986
    Started by Jennifer1986,

    I am hoping for some advise on the appeal process. I failed vetting for Surrey specials and sent an appeal letter. They wrote back saying that there was a default account on my credit report which I did not declare on my application and therefore I have failed the vetting process. However, before I filled out my application I got my full Experian credit report and it only came up with two defaulted but settled accounts and I put both on my application. Since receiving the letter I've again been on my credit eport and I can still only see those two accounts. In the letter it said I have a current defaulted account....I can't see this anywhere!! Do I have the right to rep…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 3.3k views
  15. SC9371_Jake
    Started by SC9371_Jake,

    Hello! Its my first weekend of training this evening with TVP as a Special! Tad nervous! Any tips or things I need to be aware of! This weekend is Weekend One - Law! Any tips would be great!! Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 576 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.