Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bikerchick
    Started by bikerchick,

    Hello everybody, I had a telephone call today from HR and was told that I had passed the vetting process and I have been given my training dates. I started my application last March and can't believe that I'm actually going to be undergoing the training....finally!! as you can imagine, I'm well chuffed. I kept thinking for some bizarre reason that I was going to fail the vetting, even though there isn't any reason why I should, as I don't even have points on my drivers licence! I was also wondering whether anyone can advise me whether I should be doing some background reading before my training begins in two weeks time.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 936 views
  2. MrKguy
    Started by MrKguy,

    I have been thinking. Is it better to never get a credit card so you have a clear history and never owned money or been late on a payment for example.. OR is it better to get one for the purpose of buying a few things and paying it back promptly to show you can control your finances, then shredding the card. thanks for reading.

    • 4 replies
    • 531 views
  3. magnumuk
    Started by magnumuk,

    This may be a difficult question to answer. I have my Day 2 very soon as I have passed my Day 1. Is the hard part over? i'm young, jog every day and don't do drugs or take medication. My only concern is the vetting. I have rather poor credit and would and have been turned down for credit. I have one student credit card maxed out and I live in my overdraft. How strict is the vetting process? No IVAs or Bankrupt etc. Again it may be difficult to answer but i'm just so worried regarding this. Thanks in advance

    • 4 replies
    • 475 views
  4. magnumuk
    Started by magnumuk,

    Hello All, Passed my day 1 and now about to do day 2. The only issue is in the letter it asks for me to bring my birth certificate along to day 2. I have looked high and low and cannot find it. Is there any way around this? I have an up to date passport. Thanks in advance!

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. MrMover
    Started by MrMover,

    Well I just had a call from my local force telling me I passed the first stage. I'm over the moon My juvenile caution at 14 no longer exists it seems so that's a good thing. Been invited to an assessment day at the end of Jan but I can't go due to being on TA duty, however I am going to the one in March. Cheers!!

    • 1 reply
    • 559 views
  6. Aneska
    Started by Aneska,

    Hi Im new to this and have my interveiw and pir on the 14th. Do you have any advice for me, im rather nervous about it. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 526 views
  7. SergeantAngel
    Started by SergeantAngel,

    Hi everyone, becoming a police constable has always been a dream of mine. I decided that I needed to start my stages to giving me the qualifications and experience to assist me. I have been studying a Public.services L2 diploma for around 4 months now. Work wise I have had 1 Voluntary Job and 2 paid jobs. although tomorrow I am going into Cancer reasearch UK to try and work voluntary for them. Once I have completed ny PS L2 Diploma I want to do a PS L3 Diploma and once I have completed the L3 course I am thinking about if I should to a PNC? Forget the name now as half asleep but it explains that on the course it skips training almost in half? After the L3 PS Diploma I wil…

    • 10 replies
    • 827 views
  8. Lobby
    Started by Lobby,

    Right, so, many of you will have forgotten me, many will have never heard of me This will be my 3rd time applying for Met Specials. Both prior times I passed everything exluding vetting. I later found out after applying for my PNC, it was an NFA for something I was supposed to have done, when I was 12. Which I didn't do and was only ever informally interviewed by social services. (My posts may still be on here?) Anyway, I gave up, threw in the towel But after getting quite depressed over the past year or so, I decided to try and fight it! Clear my name! I filed a dispute!!!! I recieved a lovely letter from the Public Access Office stating that they had search…

    • 15 replies
    • 2.1k views
  9. ashc91
    Started by ashc91,

    I had my PIR test last October but unfortunatly failed (by 8 points) , I think it was mainly over confidence, the examples that were posted out to me were really easy and not many of them, I also had no idea of how stricted the time limits were (25 maths questions in 12mins!). Well the real papers maths questions were harder than the examples given (as were the data checking) so obviously knocked me back a bit. I have been revising simular practice tests and questions from the internet and a few books and feel more confident when I get my re-sit. Does this sound like good enough revision? Any other tips, hopefully my re-sit will be in January time (had to wait 3 months…

    • 3 replies
    • 924 views
  10. ZackBaker
    Started by ZackBaker,

    Evening all, Basically I am 17 and have always wanted to join the police. Unfortunatly, Strathclyde are not recruiting at the moment so I have just started a Criminal Justice Degree at Uni. What do you think of applying to the specials now (I will be 18 at the next intake)? Do you think I'm too young and they wont like that I don't have 'life experience' or just go for it? Also, what are your views on a) young people in the police and b) specials? Thanks very much, Zulu Bravo :wink:

  11. Jameseyy
    Started by Jameseyy,

    Basically I am 20 now and when I was in year 7 ( so around 11 ) i got into a fight. The School's LO took me to the station and the other boy said he didn't want to press charges. It was a childish mistake and of course i regret it thoroughly. But as it was so long ago and I was such a young child I have no idea of what actually happened formally. My parents told me that at the time the Police officer told them there would be no criminal record or anything. And I recently did a PNC check with nothing held on my record. My query is since I don't know what i was charged for if anything or what should I put on my vetting form, if anything? :S

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. hathaway
    Started by hathaway,

    So, I start training in March. Norfolk, so 6 weekends over 4 months. Is there anything I can do, read, any internet resources where I can get some idea what to expect and/or go into the course with a degree of prior knowledge? I've already found PDFs of things like Airwaves guidelines (how to speak, what to say, etc etc), just as an example of the kind of thing I'm talking about. Forewarned is forearmed. Also, here is a picture for your amusement. Let's hope I'm not going to get arrested for copyright theft.....

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 532 views
  13. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    Hi guys, I have a question about joining the Specials. Basically I am currently living in Gloucestershire but return to Leicester most weekends due to family commitments. I really want to join the Police and have seen the Gloucs are recruiting but the resourcing department says it will not be holding assessment days until at least 2013. I actually work 1 hour drive south of where I'm living too but am seriously considering applying to Leicestershire...it is actually the only force anywhere near me recruiting Specials. Does this sound feasbale to you? I know it will be a tough commitment during the training but following that it should not be an issue as I am home most w…

    • 2 replies
    • 475 views
  14. Lobby
    Started by Lobby,

    Hey guys, As you know I applied for my Subject Access. I received the letter saying they received the request but on the letter it is only ticked " Metropolitan Police Service systems" even though I'm pretty sure I ticked both or just the PNC. My NFA was with the met I assume, as I live in a London borough. Will this Metropolitan Police Service systems check be sufficient or will I have to apply for the whole PNC? Do the MET use the Metropolitan Police Service systems for vetting aswell as the PNC??? Cheers, Luke

    • 14 replies
    • 890 views
  15. Gostling1546081327
    Started by Gostling1546081327,

    Hi there, This is my first post to the forum, I've been lurking for a couple of months but if I'm not following any of the rules please feel free to let me know! I attended the Information Evening in Stowmarket at the beginning of this month, completed my application and sent it off, and received a letter yesterday telling me it passed. I am now attending the Assessment Centre in Martlesham on December 3rd. I've been searching the forum for information regarding the process and what will happen on this day, however all information I could find is relatively old and I was wondering if someone might be able to enlighten me as to the current and updated process as I will …

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 990 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.