Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Sara77
    Started by Sara77,

    Hi I'm hoping someone will know about a querie I have, I've applied as a special constable and had my assessment centre at the weekend, the problem is I don't know if I've a caution or not from when I was young, about 14 years ago. My friends were arguing with each other that turned into a fight. I was involved in arguing with one girl. She then the next day when to the police and said I was involved, I didn't get arrested I took myself to the police station as I was fuming she said I was involved in hitting her. I remember the police man giving me a right telling off, I don't know wether he gave me a caution! As he didn't believe a word I said.. Anyhew I declared thi…

    • 4 replies
    • 720 views
  2. Foxtrot-Alpha
    Started by Foxtrot-Alpha,

    Hello all So the big day is nearly upon me, I have my assessment on the 11th in huntingdon! Im still revising, however I am finding it difficult to give 5 minute answers for potential competency based questions. I am trying to come up with numerous occasions when I have demonstrated these competencies, and perhaps I can roll them all in one? Do you guys have any advice? In particular the big "Respect for Diversity". I do have some ideas, but if you can tell me I am along the right lines etc? I use to manage a restaurant, and I would often deal with special dietry requirements and disabled access etc, and in my current role, deal with making bookings for people to visit…

    • 10 replies
    • 815 views
  3. chelseq
    Started by chelseq * ,

    Hi, I'm currently awaiting my application for special constable and was wondering I'm only 5ft would this go against me in training or the physical side of the role? Thanks Chelsea.

  4. xxCarinaxx
    Started by xxCarinaxx,

    I am having my 2nd assessment next week which I was very happy with until now. I've woken up this morning feeling terrible - coughting, headaches, hot to cold very ill! I know it must be a silly question to ask but would I be able to call the centre to chenge my dates? Without blowing my chances? I don't think my body can deal with the bleep test.

    • 1 reply
    • 384 views
    Administrative Account
  5. welshie21
    Started by welshie21,

    Hi there, Just woundering if there is anyone who has just completed an application to become a pcso and could help me with something as I am in the middle of doing one thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 603 views
  6. Jcf999
    Started by Jcf999,

    Hey I'm trying to find out if it's possible to join after having hip replacement surgery??

    • 4 replies
    • 635 views
  7. AaronLJStone

    Hi everybody, I'm currently filling out my application to become a Special with Devon & Cornwall Police. I've got a few questions in regards to the sections I mentioned, mainly related to the competency questions. I'm in my last year of college at the moment, and I'm due to finish in around 5 months. I'm 18, just to get the basics out of the way. As of yet, I have no real employment history - does this mean I should mark the employment history section of the application with N/A? Secondly, is this likely to be a huge hindrance towards my chances of the application being accepted? Regarding competency questions, my categories are "Planning and Organising" and "Respect…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Rozzer76
    Started by Rozzer76 * ,

    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and have my first duty tomorrow! It's been a long time coming as I did the 6 month sunday course and seem to have spent my entire christmas doing NCALT courses. Anyway, I was finally signed off for duty yesterday and have my first patrol tomorrow! I have to say that I'm a bit apprehensive and just wondered if any of you have some tips!?? I wonder if south London is ready for me!!

  9. jsc01
    Started by jsc01,

    Hi Guys! Ive got my Special Constable interview for West Yokrshire Police tomorrow and wondered if any of you could give me some last minute advice or tips on what to expect, and how to go about answering the interview questions? :) Cheers! JSC01

  10. D_Mac
    Started by D_Mac,

    Hey

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
  11. themechanic
    Started by themechanic,

    Hi all-- ? I applied to become a SC 4 months ago and I was unseccssful at the interview stage. First of all, are there any major, basic interview techniques that anyone could enlighten me with please? and, Also, if you apply to a force and are rejected does the 6 month waiting time for a re-application apply to any force throughout the country or does it only apply to the force at which you were rejected? Cheers. John.

    • 2 replies
    • 472 views
  12. SergeantAngel
    Started by SergeantAngel,

    When applying for the role.of SC would living with Parents be a problem or applying while doing another voluntary job with no income also be a problem? Does it matter if the house is rented or not? I'm just trying to find out everything I can, can't thank you guys enough!

    • 8 replies
    • 744 views
  13. dstubbsy
    Started by dstubbsy,

    Hello, I have my assessment day this coming weekend and judging by the welcome pack for the assessment centre there is no role play, or grip strength test and only one written assesment. The whole process is done in one day including fitness test, is this a new way that the specials assessments are done, or is it that they are just not informing us that a role-play etc. will occur? Just want to make sure there's no unexpected surprises! Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  14. DarylJohn
    Started by DarylJohn,

    Hello again guys, So, I passed the written assessment, and am not through to the interview. So far I have gotten my answers for: Why I want to be a Police Officer Race and Diversity Effective Communication Personal Responsibilities. However, I am struggling to think of examples in my life in which I have displayed teamwork and resiliance. (I am NOT looking for a direct answer, but common scenarios in which I could of displayed these traits). For example, I played for a football team for 6 years, would that pass as teamwork or are they looking for something more? As for resiliance, other than solving arguements between friends and family iv never really had a probl…

    • 6 replies
    • 716 views
  15. Tom72
    Started by Tom72,

    Well im not sure about other forces but in A&S you need to require two forms of referee. I however only have employment within the family business, albeit for years so cannot use my parents as references. I have opted for therefore two character references. My business teacher in High school ( 4 years of teaching, the most contact with a single teacher ) and my Personal tutor at university. Now I'm not an expert in references but will that hinder me in any way do you think? How big a role to references make? (I'm confident they will both portray me as a tidy individual)

    • 2 replies
    • 676 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.