Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Stephenmids
    Started by Stephenmids,

    Hey guys im new to the forum but have been following it a little while, I was just wondering if healthcare workers fall under the restricted occupations?

    • 5 replies
    • 477 views
  2. AlexFerguson
    Started by AlexFerguson,

    I was thinking about doing a part time course called counselling concepts. I think it would come in handy considering thediverse jobs you have to got to, what do you think ?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 677 views
    Adamski1546081335 +
  3. cwmeinion
    Started by cwmeinion,

    Hi everyone, Just after some general opinion from anyone who may have had similar thoughts/experiences of being a Special and considering/ have become a PCSO.. What are people's views on points for/against if long term desire is to become a regular PC? (aside from full time vs more powers!) Many thanks.

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 3k views
  4. Crouch13
    Started by Crouch13,

    Hi all, The other day I received a letter saying that my application was withdrawn from entering the Special Constables, I was due to start my training on 7th Jan 2012 and its hit me pretty hard. They won't give me a reason as to why I was rejected. I'm writing an appeal letter but I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or knows of a reason why I would of been rejected and why they wouldn't let me know the reason. They also informed me I would never be able to apply for Specials, Police Officer or PCSO. Thanks for any help you can offer.

    • 14 replies
    • 871 views
  5. jsc01
    Started by jsc01,

    Hi guys! Ive applied to West Yorkshire Police as a SC and have my assessment and interview at the beginning of January. I was just wondering if you could give me and advice or tips on how to deal with the interview i.e answering the questions and if you had any tips for the assessments ill have to do? Thanks JSC01

  6. herts123
    Started by herts123,

    Anyone in the process with Hertfordshire specials? If so what stage are you at?

    • 25 replies
    • 2k views
  7. Foxtrot-Alpha
    Started by Foxtrot-Alpha,

    Hi again, Well i passed the paper sift and have been invited to the assessment centre, 23 days from now! Of course ive been revising, but is this still really enough time to get my head jam packed with anything i may need to know, or should i request a later assessment?! Do you have any advice; what should i be learning about? what information should i know about my local constabulary? etc.. Thanks for your time!

    • 8 replies
    • 726 views
  8. wannabe cop
    Started by wannabe cop,

    hello, i am at the vetting process and was thinking about whether a VDO would count against me? I was stopped on my way to the exhaust centre as my back end fell off and was making a racket and i was on my way to the exhaust centre. would thiscount as a reprimand? and should I have declared it? I think I may send an email to HR or phone them.....to ask and have it included. this was 18 yrs ago..... I was also stopped in 1991, for having my rear lights spray tinted (shops sold them), and was given a VDO, to remove and get an MOT station to stamp the book as such. Would these count as reprimands.......I cannot remember but I don't think I got a FPN for these. If I …

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Pickles11
    Started by Pickles11,

    Hi, I am posting to ask for some advice about the medical stage of recruitment...(If I manage to get that far) I suffer asthma but hardly ever use an inhaler, in fact, I've not had a new one for over a year, will this affect my medical? I have a history of depression and anxiety, mainly between the ages of 18 - 20, (I am now 22) due to life events around that time. Although earlier this year I was put on Propranolol because I was suffering stress and high blood pressure, although I am no longer taking medication. And finally, I was VERY unlucky and whilst on holiday in Egypt in June; I got salmonella which triggered reactive arthritis. I have been taking medication, w…

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 2.1k views
  10. tommyp92
    Started by tommyp92,

    Hi Guys, Got my training starting just after the New Year I know I shouldn't but watching Night Cops/Traffic Cops etc etc I can't help but notice the amount of restraining/self defence you have to do. I'm quite a big guy, used to play rugby many many moons ago but I'm just wondering how physically strong you have to be to comfortably carry out policing duties. I want to be able to protect my colleagues, the public and myself but do any of you go to the gym to build up strength or is it a mixture of adrenaline and training?? Plus the fact I'll be working in the North East and on many nights out I've seen one or two big lads! Thanks Tommy P

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. Pickles11
    Started by Pickles11,

    Hi, What will cause your application to be declined in financial checks? I'm concerned my credit history isn't so great I have never had any large debts but I have had late payments in the past due to financial circumstances but I am now able to keep on top of my debts. Will recruitment contact me if they find anything on my credit history or will I be declined straight away? Thanks in advance!

    • 11 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. Cockney_Doris
    Started by Cockney_Doris,

    Interested to hear people's thoughts on the following: I had my day 2 assessment on Monday. The people in my group were much more talkative than the group I was with on day...understandable, I suppose, given there was no interview to get nervous about. There was one young lad in my group, he can't have been more than 20 years old. He made some rather homophobic comments during the day, and at one point, from out of nowhere, told a highly anti-semitic joke (jews...ovens...you get the idea). There was an eastern European woman in the group who was visibly upset by this joke (possibly because she might be Jewish herself), but she didn't say anything at the time. Later in t…

      • Like
    • 80 replies
    • 4.8k views
  13. Chribi
    Started by Chribi,

    Hi, I have just been given a provisional start date (feb intake) for a regular post within Surrey Police, and am after a little advice. Various friends in the police, have suggested that I start learning/revising a lot of the common legal definitions, as it is tested on quite regularly. Does anyone have an idea if there is any published books/websites that can help with this, apart from trawling through www.legislation.gov.uk? Gonna dig out all my couse books and notes from my PLC course, which will help, but i want to make sure i am 110% prepared! Thanks in advance, Chris

    • 4 replies
    • 625 views
  14. jgillard1
    Started by jgillard1,

    Hi everyone, was so nervous when I went to Sedgley Park, on the 26th, got the email this morning to say I have been succesful.. YES!!! Did anyone else go on this day pass or not? would be good to chat to others

    • 4 replies
    • 481 views
  15. Sam-E
    Started by Sam-E +,

    Hi all, Just a bit of of background seeing as I'm new to the site and also have a question regarding the Special Constables. I became interested in the police since I was 16 roughly, now I'm 19 and wanting to join the SC's then applying to the full-time 'regulars' if you wish. Currently studying a Marketing Degree at university and have just left my first part-time job at Tesco (in Glasgow, yes a rough area but great experience with the diversity of the customers you have to manage) and now moved on to another part-time job that possibly has a 'rougher' range of customers that'll be a huge challenge but again, alot of experience plus university. So yeah straight to it,…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.