Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Tom Tamworth
    Started by Tom Tamworth,

    Hi guys and girls, I've heard a rumor saying that specials get free rail travel within the UK. But i just want to know if this is true or not? anybody know? Ta. Tom

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 4.8k views
    Lee.S1546620511
  2. Pantera1989
    Started by Pantera1989,

    Hi all, I woke up this morning, two weeks since my assessment and found a lovely big brown envelope there waiting for me. I passed! I'm so chuffed right now! Medical and vetting to complete next! Cheers, Dean.

    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. Creep
    Started by Creep,

    hi all, the other day whilst playing the application waiting game ( ) i started to think about the vetting procedure and about the convictions cautions etc for family members. When i completed my pre vetting form i asked all relevant family members about their past etc and when i asked my dad he said that he hasnt had any run ins with the police so i left that bit blank. However sinces handing it in my dad has now told me that he was arrested 31 years ago when he was 19 and in the army for taking a vehicle (an army landrover) without the owners consent (his name wasnt down on the land-drover sign out sheet, but his mate who he was with was), he said he spent a night in…

    • 3 replies
    • 764 views
  4. MrMover
    Started by MrMover,

    Hello, I have a totally random question aimed at the Assessors who are on the forum. I have finished my R&D competency answer for my application and have sent it to a couple of friends who are pretty good on the subject so they can critique it for me (give me feedback on the indicators). I was wondering if any of the assessment people on here would be able to look at what I've written. I have a feeling this may "not be allowed" but I just wanted to ask anyway. Thanks, Leo

    • 2 replies
    • 473 views
  5. crash detective
    Started by crash detective,

    Evening All (yeah I know - bad taste) I have one question: I know this may well be force specific, but a general idea from those in the know would be appreciated. 10 years ago, during a bad break up with an ex, false allegations were made regarding child sex abuse. Without going into too much detail, this was a good way of getting rid of me from fighting custody of the children (and it worked). There was an investigation and it was closed due to no evidence(or if you are a cynic - a lack of evidence). Now I can't prove that I didn't sexually abuse her (I'm a him just FYI) and she was far too young to confirm that this was so. I have thought about putting in an appl…

    • 11 replies
    • 992 views
  6. Chuffy
    Started by Chuffy,

    Hi im wondering if anybody knows how this will affect my chances of passing the medical. The only thing I had to tick yes on (bar some minor surgery when I was 5) was opt 1:Epilepsy, fits, blackouts, fainting or unexplained loss of consciousness. About 5-6 years ago I had had an unexplained loss of consciousness. The doctor seemed not to be too worried at the time and nothing related has occurred since. I'm just a bit worried l that this is going to affect my chances.

    • 4 replies
    • 521 views
  7. ecilop-1
    Started by ecilop-1,

    Sort of similar to another topic on here, but when approaching a MOP to talk to them about something, do you identify yourself as a Special or just a Police Officer. E.g "Hi I'm a Police Officer with XYZ Constabulary" or "Hi I'm a Special Constable with XYZ Constabulary" etc. I know it's random I'm just a bit curious!

    • 6 replies
    • 678 views
  8. MrMover
    Started by MrMover,

    Hello, I have a quick question regarding a caution I received when I was 14. I was cautioned for theft of sweets from a shop after school. It was my first and only offence and of course the resulting police action put me off crime for life. It didn't stop me getting security clearance for my current job in the TA but I have a feeling the Police may see it differently. I am now 31 and have never been in trouble with the law except for that one offence. Any advice?? Thanks, Leo

    • 8 replies
    • 585 views
  9. IndiaTango
    Started by IndiaTango,

    Hey all, Just in the middle of filling in my application for WYP Specials, however I've got a problem. My dad is refusing to allow me to provide information about my Step-mum and Step-sisters. The information is a requirement, what am I supposed to do? Thanks in advance,

    • 9 replies
    • 625 views
  10. Rose1231546081345
    Started by Rose1231546081345,

    Hello, I had my PIRT last night and I was just wondering if anyone knows when I will receive the results from the test? I was told that I would be notified by email on whether I was successful or not. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 490 views
  11. wannabe cop
    Started by wannabe cop,

    Hi all, I was over the moon when I received my email saying I had passed the Assessment Centre and I have just about finished the Forms to send off tomorrow but I realised that I have a few more hurdles to go thru: Any one with experience, can you tel me if the folliwng is too much: No Insurance - ban and a fine in 1996..... Fixed Penalty Notice - not wearing a seatbelt.....worked as a mini-cab driver in London and came to watford to drop off a fare. All internet research at the time said that mini-cab do not need to wear a belt when carrying a passenger. I took the FPN and paid it. In 1999. Cannot remember exact dates. I did it for safety and following internet …

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Administrative Account
  12. mccarthyuk@
    Started by mccarthyuk@,

    Hi, Just a quick one, I've recently handed in my initial forms after the recruitment evening @ W-S-M. My only concern is that it has asked me to list Names and Addresses of my family, However i have been informed that my step brother (of which i have very little contact with) has got a drug related offence on his record (Growing with intent to supply) within the last 2 years. Now my forms are in, I'm guessing i need to let someone know.. Do i wait until a later stage? Or shall i drop something into the station? I'm just worried that it looks like i'd be trying to hide it and would hate for it to affect my application! Thanks in Advance, McCarthy

    • 2 replies
    • 414 views
  13. Pickles11
    Started by Pickles11,

    I have my pirt with Merseyside Police very soon and I have just read somewhere that for the maths we are not allowed to use a notepad!? If this is true, I have not got a tiny chance of passing because maths is my weakest subject! Im feeling confident about the rest of the test but there is no chance I can work out percentages and divisions in my head in 30 secs! Someone please enlighten me!? Thank you

    • 9 replies
    • 679 views
  14. Blonderace
    Started by Blonderace,

    Hi all, I have my medical next week but am worrying about the lung function test as I am asthmatic (controlled) but have always produced low peak flow results. Does anyone know what/how they do the test please?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. wannabe cop
    Started by wannabe cop,

    After passing my interview on 19th November along with the Written and Logical reasoning, i spent best part of last week filling out the security and vetting forms. Finally, on Friday 25th, was I happy with the information. I had a busy weekend and did not get roun to posting it and a few late working nights so i posted all off 30th November. All well and hope the vetting. comes back OK..... Did the eyesight test this morning and got 6/36 vision without glasses so happy about that. Will have medical signed off by tomorrow so will post straightaway or Saturday. Now the anxious wait to hear back from the HR team on next steps. Hopefully will have dates on training et…

    • 0 replies
    • 652 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.