Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Markgats
    Started by Markgats,

    Just looking at the BTP site and it says ''WHICH ROLE'' , i have selected Special Constable and it now says which department. Special Constab or Confidential unit, what's the confidential unit i have never hear of it ?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Robshephard
    Started by Robshephard,

    Hi all, just received an email telling me that I made it through the SJT, competency interview and written exam. Have a date for fitness test now. Am over the moon.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. garveyli
    Started by garveyli,

    To everyone: Hi guys, I attended the Special Assessment process in March 2011, I did overall successful but I failed the written exercise. I am going to participate in the special Assessment process in December 2011, I don't wanna fail again because I really wanna become a police officer. The proposal part was really hard. Please can anyone give me any advises and tips? Are there any where I can get some example or past paper for me to practice? Yours faithfully GarveyLi

    • 6 replies
    • 998 views
  4. aaron_troughton
    Started by aaron_troughton,

    Hi all, just looking for some advice or a recommendation on what literature would be best suited to aid me in my preparation for the assessment day. I've had a browse through the book section of the patrol store and there are several books that seem pertinent however I'm not sure which one (or combination?) would be best. I've done quite a lot of research on the assessment process so I'm aware of all the different tests; I'm particularly concerned about the competency interview so a book/DVD that focuses on this would be great. I can see that some books cater specifically to a type of officer (psco, customs etc.) but none just for specials… I'm assuming that the as…

    • 9 replies
    • 760 views
    aaron_troughton
  5. phillip_davies
    Started by phillip_davies,

    Hi All A quick thread, does anybody know if any forces are in the process of recruiting PC's/PCSO's? Or does anyone know if any of the forces will be opening up recruitment anytime soon? Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 809 views
  6. jgillard1
    Started by jgillard1,

    Hi Guys, I'm really new to all of this, I got an email from GMP last night informing me there was a specials interest evening tonight being the 8th November 11 I've tried to look through this site for a little more info as to the dress sense, is it casual or formal, as I don't want too look an idiot LOL, just wondering for people who have been to them is it, shirt, pants & tie, or is it a bit more relaxed, i am not expecting it to be jeans and top tbh, just wanting a bit of clarification if possible Many Thanks Jordan

    • 13 replies
    • 711 views
  7. cosworthchris
    Started by cosworthchris,

    Hi all, My name's Chris, I'm in Norfolk, and I'm about to embark upon joining the Specials. Hopefully at some point in the future, I hope to join full time and become a traffic officer. Fingers crossed on that one! I have my Specials application form etc, and will be sending it off this week after I've got everything together (my birth certificate must be around somewhere!). I'm not entirely sure if I'm nervous or excited! A few questions on the form have me a little confused though: The first is about partners/cohabitees/etc in the last three years. I split up with my ex about 12 months ago after several years, but have since been with someone else for the last 8…

    • 2 replies
    • 422 views
  8. rock1212
    Started by rock1212,

    Hi all I'm Rock and i'm seriously considering applying for the Grampian Police as a Special. bit of background, I have served in the Army, like going to the gym and currently working as an auxiliary nurse. I registered with UKPolice forum and one member sent me this way, as info will be better/more current. So i'll be hanging about for a bit

    • 1 reply
    • 351 views
  9. Creep
    Started by Creep,

    hi there, im currently revising for my assessment centre, especially the competency based interview. I was wondering how you structure your responses as at the Moment ive been using the S.T.A.R formula, i was hoping someone could shed some light on this area, just to see if im going wrong somewhere. thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Rock12121546620760
    Started by Rock12121546620760 * ,

    Hi all First off, i'm 25, ex-army and currently working for the NHS as an auxiliary nurse. As it says above, i'm considering applying for the Grampian Police as a Special. If someone in the know could answer a couple of questions i'd be chuffed. 1. Would my current occupation bar me? I know nurses can't join but i'm not really a nurse, i'm a glorified cleaner. 2. In the Specials, is there much chance of actually doing police work, as in pounding the beat, not paperwork? 3. Last one is a big one. During my younger, dumber days I got a ticket fine for a public order section 5 (i think) for a bit of a scuffle with two other lads. This is the only blip in my life. Will t…

    • 3 replies
    • 841 views
    Griffin1546081308
  11. Jellybean
    Started by Jellybean,

    Hey there, a year ago I applied to become a Special Constable, I managed to pass the PIR and make it through to the interview stage, but unfortunately I failed. The reason I failed was because the lack of life experience, meaning I couldn't quite give examples of when I've had to deal with certain situations etc. They said I should re-apply the following year (365 days from the date of the interview).. this happens to be next Friday and I'm very excited to register my interest again in the Special Constabulary. My question to you guys is, did you pass first time?, do you have any advice that would help me pass the interview next time? Jake.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. markoh74
    Started by markoh74,

    Got my assessment next week can anyone tell me if there is any maths section to any part of the tests ...? Regards Mark H.

    • 5 replies
    • 430 views
  13. ifonly
    Started by ifonly,

    Hi all Does anyone know of any forces currently accepting rejoiners or any force which may consider taking on a rejoiner? Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 687 views
  14. Marty McFly1546081284
    Started by Marty McFly1546081284,

    i was wondering if anyone can help me does anyone know what the script is with joining the UOTC while your a special (i've seen that you can join the specials as a member of the TA, but i'm looking for the opposite, i.e. joining while your a special), i'm considering joining next year so i'm a member before i go for my AOSB, and since you'd technically be a "Group B" member of the TA, but not liable for any service? would you have to ask permission from the force?

    • 19 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. markoh74
    Started by markoh74,

    Got home today to find my instructions for the assessment centre, for Cheshire Police. YES...!!!! So pleased just want this part over, worried and excited at the same time. Does anyone have any recent experience of this.? Not looking for the answers if there were any just a little advice will go a long way..... Regards Mark H.

    • 4 replies
    • 539 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.