Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. crash detective
    Started by crash detective,

    Can anybody tell me the order of the recruitment process please. Is it application, then if selected PIRT and then interview on a seperate day? At what stage is vetting? I can't seem to find a definitive answer by 'search' for Lancs. There are so many (probably 43) variations. Anyone from Lancs on here? Thanks

    • 9 replies
    • 580 views
  2. DeltaFoxtrot
    Started by DeltaFoxtrot,

    Saw this on the Met Careers page............ Police Helicopter Pilot wow !!... now thats a top job ))))

    • 19 replies
    • 2.6k views
  3. DarylJohn
    Started by DarylJohn,

    So, I have an assessment (stage 1) for Special Constable at Merseyside Police and was just wondering what to expect and how to prepare. I am aware of the written assessment (Maths and English), but what else does the initial assessment consist of? Any face to face questions that I need to prepare for? What type of questions should I expect to be asked? I think I read that the questions I'll be asked are hypothetical, but are they handwritten or do I answer verbally? I would be hugely grateful of any replies.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 2.1k views
  4. gareth1946
    Started by gareth1946 * ,

    what is the retirement age for special constables?

    • 4 replies
    • 828 views
  5. missd83
    Started by missd83,

    hi all i applied to join the regs back in 09 and due to all these budget cuts etc.. i have been advised no regular training courses til at least 2012 and have been fast tracked into the specials application system instead. i was wondering if theres anyone who can share their experiences as a special. ie. what do you do on a usual shift? what sort of interaction do you have with other specials, regular officers, other police staff? how does it differ from a what a regular PO would do? how do you cope with the differing opinions of whether or not you are actually valuable to the police force u work for (i have noticed that a lot of regulars have some VERY diffe…

  6. Tonytoon!
    Started by Tonytoon!,

    Hi, I was wondering if anyone on this board is on this intake? Just got my call today to confirm I am on it! Regards Anthony

  7. ecilop-1
    Started by ecilop-1,

    Hi all, Sorry for yet another post on the Medical Examination during application stages, however I am hoping anyone who has any information would be able to share it with me here. A few questions regarding it actually; What do they examine there (I know this is probably a broad question, but I'm just curious. I know they do a drug test which I'm fine with, just wondering what else they examine) With regards to the spirometer, what does this part of assessment include. I.e; is there a minimum level you have to meet? Actually that's all I can think of at the moment, but if I have more I'm sure I'll be back Thanks in advance for your help. P.S if it's any constillatio…

    • 11 replies
    • 890 views
  8. Kewstu
    Started by Kewstu,

    Really do not know what to do, training is good and enjoyable but having real problems justifying continuing as I have doubts as to whether it is for me. Is it wise to jump now or continue to Division and then waste the force more money by jumping after a few weeks? I suppose to be honest with myself I do not want to be put into dangerous situations at 38 years old (i know they say age has nothing to do with it -- but it does!) This is difficult because the rest of the group I am with are superb but I shouldn't be leaving training each night with more doubts then before the session started.

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.6k views
  9. support1546080886
    Started by support1546080886,

    I am a member of the Experian Credit Expert service which allows me to check my credit file online, https://www.creditexpert.co.uk/MCCLogin.aspx As part of the Credit Expert service it shows when your credit file has been searched, I noticed that in November there is an entry which read ACPO POLICE VETTING. After making some calls I managed to establish that all UK Police forces use an application called FORCEVIEW which is provided by Experian and allows the force vetting department to check your credit file as part of the police vetting process. Forceview is used to search new and existing police staff and contracts. This made me wonder what other checks are carried…

    • 2 replies
    • 3.8k views
  10. MrMover
    Started by MrMover,

    Well I just thought I'd write to say I finally submitted my application to the South Yorkshire force today. Thanks for the advice I received on here, much appreciated. :whistle2: Leo

    • 2 replies
    • 531 views
  11. Gompo
    Started by Gompo,

    Hey all, I applied for the SC in June/July and didnt get past the interview stage, This was with the Gloucstershire Constabulary. And I know that I have to wait 6 months before re-applying. I now see that my local force (Gwent police) are recruiting, Does the 6 month wait apply for them too? Or just Gloucster? Many Thanks, Gompo

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 493 views
    Straightjacket1545925726
  12. Foxtrot-Alpha
    Started by Foxtrot-Alpha,

    The Police Selection Process - Ian Hutchison. I purchased this fine looking book the other day, published 2007 from what i can find? Anyone got first hand experience of this book and how relevant is it to the process here in 2011? Thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 413 views
  13. Deleted
    Started by Deleted,

    Hi again everyone, I thought I'd start a separate thread on this question as it's different from my previous one about special recruitment whilst still in the Army. I'm now collating my answers for a regular position with Wiltshire Police - I've managed to get hold of an application form from the North Wales Police website so that I can prepare my answers in good time. I'm stuck on the Previous Employment Section. The guidance notes say that you must fill in the questions in all comments and they want 10 years worth of employment history. They ask you for the name of your manager. I can't for the life of me remember the name of my manager for a job 10 years ago. Ca…

    • 4 replies
    • 565 views
  14. Jeebs1546081084
    Started by Jeebs1546081084,

    Before anyone says it, Ive searched the forum to no avail I have my SET next week for Grampian Police, I'm looking for some practice papers to ensure I pass it. Ive got one off the Grampian Police website, but I need a couple more to practice. Does anyone know where I can get them from without having to shell out a wodge of cash?

    • 5 replies
    • 412 views
    Jeebs1546081084
  15. Deleted
    Started by Deleted,

    Hi everyone, I'm currently serving in the Army and am on leave from Afghanistan. I will be in my last year of service when I get back in April (I leave in Dec 12). I want to join the Special Constabulary as soon as possible after I return but I know that there's a restriction preventing members of the Armed Forces from joining. I understand that the training for the job takes about 6 months of weekends at the force headquarters. My thinking was that I could do all of the training whilst in my last few months and not actually be appointed as a Special Constable until after I'm officially out of the Army. Any thoughts? Has anyone experienced anything similar befo…

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.