Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. marshy
    Started by marshy,

    I've got my medical next Thursday and I'm worried about it as I've just been prescribed Prednisolone for a chest infection. I usually get a chest infection about once a year and after a few days on the Prednisolone tablets I feel better. The last time I had a chest infection and was prescribed these tablets was back in march 2011. I never really suffer from my asthma apart from when I have chest infection which is only about once or twice a year. I should be ok with the lung function test as hopefully the infection would be cleared up by then. Has anyone with asthma had any problems getting past the medical when having taken this medication, as its a steroid? Thanks in…

    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. wjenkinson
    Started by wjenkinson,

    Hi all, I have a few questions to ask regarding recruitment, the job itself and becoming a regular Police Officer Basically, I really want to become a Police Officer. Rubbish time to decide that I know, but I am determined and think I have got what it takes! I am in Hampshire, but less than 4 miles from the Surrey and Berkshire borders. It seems that the only way in to Thames Valley and Hampshire forces is through becoming a special, while Surrey are a bit unclear, but you have to complete the PLC course. I have no real preference over which force I apply for, but my plan at the moment is to go for Hampshire's Special Constabulary, and complete the PLC course at the s…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 713 views
  3. ifonly
    Started by ifonly,

    Hi all Anyone know of any work for ex police officers going at all? I am looking for any opportunities currently available. If anyone could help me out please just send me a private message. In the north west would be ideal. Thanks all.

    • 4 replies
    • 724 views
  4. Blizzard1986
    Started by Blizzard1986,

    Hello all I have been reading your forums for the past couple months and have recently passed the application part of the recruitment to join Nottingham Special Constabulary and I have an assessment day on the 17th of this month followed by an interview on the 24th and I have read through the recruitment day information. I know it says all information will be given that you need to get through the assessment day but I am unsure on what the proposal document will be?? its going to be based on a situation in a fictional town. But am I right in thinking its going to be something that has happened and I am going to have to write up kind of a report or something? Is there an…

    • 2 replies
    • 721 views
  5. nidgefranklin
    Started by nidgefranklin,

    Hi all, Im new to the forum. Yesterday i was informed by HR that i had been granted provisional security clearance for the specials. What is meant by provisional clearance? The force has also sent me for my first Hep B jab which has been done with part 2 taking place next mid month. I am due to start training 18/2/12, however i am still worried as i have not yet been given full clearance...they said they are waiting on the Home office side. What checks do they do? Thanks in advance

    • 1 reply
    • 449 views
  6. Charlie
    Started by Charlie,

    I'm currently in the middle of filing out my online MSC application. I have a query in regards to section C of the Conduct Declaration.It reads, "Please give details of ANY INVESTIGATION BY OR ANY INVOLVEMENT WHATSOEVER you have had with Police, Military or Transport Police or any other Statutoryor Prosecuting Authorities." I have 4 incidents that come to mind, but I have no idea onwhether they are significant enough to put on the form, especially as there are only 2 spaces to fill. 1. Pulled over for a doing an overtake in an unsuitable manner. Given a verbal warning. 2. Pulled over in a routine stop (I was told it was because of my age, the time of day…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Sara77
    Started by Sara77,

    Hi can any one tell me if a caution would show up on an enhanced disclosure . Thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
  8. iampps
    Started by iampps,

    Apologies as I'm sure I've seen this somewhere on the forum already but can't find it. Can anyone offer any advice as to which books on Policing procedures and Law, are the best? I'm looking at the Blackstone's Police Operational Handbook and Law & Practice. Are these the best or could someone recommend anything that's better?

    • 2 replies
    • 446 views
  9. Cleo
    Started by Cleo,

    My Day 1 Assessment is fast approaching. I'm working hard to prepare all my answers for the interview questions, but I am struggling to define exactly what sections "Personal Responsibility" and "Community and Customer Focus" are and which areas of my life I can draw upon. Please could somebody give me, say a very brief, one sentence example answer to each area so I know for sure that I'm on the right track. Many thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  10. shadowtiger
    Started by shadowtiger,

    Hello i am going to be filling in my application for the police specials for the Devon and Cornwall Police but i have a few questions. 1. When will i know if i have been successful or unsuccessful with my application 2. When will the assessment training begin i.e bleep tests etc.? 3. Is there a swimming test or just the bleep test and push and pull test? 4. I am 18 and have had no employment but i am at college so should i still continue with my application or will it be thrown aside due to no work history? Many Thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 511 views
    Mike D1546081335 +
  11. Foxtrot-Alpha
    Started by Foxtrot-Alpha,

    Wow, feels like only yesterday I was invited to attend.... I must say I am very nervous, and not particually confident, I have never been good in interviews, and no matter if I have the right answers or not, my mind just goes blank Anyway, Im just going to go for it, its only four hours of hell after all! Anyone got any last tips?! Cheers, Potato'

    • 10 replies
    • 782 views
  12. Shikari
    Started by Shikari +,

    Figured I'd stick it in here first of all. Just a quick question, how many of you would like to see a blog, on my profile, from the very beginning about my application, and hopefully joining of, to the Specials? There'd be other bits and bobs in there about my life in general to keep stuff intersting, and I'd try to make it fairly regular, as opposed to just when something interesting has happened. If a few of you are interested i'll do it, and as a student i'll have nothing better to do to be honest , but I'd like some initial feedback on whether it's something people would be interested in.

    • 16 replies
    • 984 views
  13. Wookie1546081346
    Started by Wookie1546081346,

    Afternoon. I have managed to pass the PIRT and interview stages and now have my vetting forms and I am stuck with one of the questions and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Section 7 requires that details of any involvement in criminal investigations as a suspect, victim or witness are given. I have never been a victim or a suspect (apart from being pulled over because the officer thought my exhaust sounded too loud but decided it wasn't so just gave me a producer) but I have given a witness statement when a nearby bus shelter was vandalised but can't for the life of me remember when this was. Is there anyway I can find this information out? If…

    • 5 replies
    • 451 views
  14. SergeantAngel
    Started by SergeantAngel,

    Hi, I am looking to purchase a DVD on how to become a special constable and maybe some books but I am looking for new up to date ones as I don't want to be learning old recruitment processes. If you could link me up to some that would be great. Hopefully with your guys help I may be able to post on here one day that it all paid off. Thanks for your time.

    • 7 replies
    • 968 views
  15. magnumuk
    Started by magnumuk,

    I have my Day 2 coming up, But on my application I missed two things out. Firstly I completely overlooked my student loan in the debts section and failed to mention it. I also just found out my older sister (whom I don't live with or speak to) was given a police caution for sending a racist email. How do I declare these as the forms have already been filled in at the paper sift. I don't want this to cause delays or worse cause me to fail vetting due to thinking I was being dishonest. Thanks in advance.

    • 4 replies
    • 467 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.