Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    Hello all, I have my medical on the 23rd of July(can't come quick enough) and was wondering about the question. I have answerd yes to some of the question i.e asthma (very mild) and a few other ear infection etc. My question is some of this stuff was diagnosed yonks ago,but its asking for dates and cant remember for the life of me. Anty help advise would be great! cheers Wayner

    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
  2. oilysean
    Started by oilysean,

    Is there an online version of the pack you get whilst you had attended the presentation up at Emperess house? It was a fold out booklet A4 size, had references on "sitar", and "aspire" and also the details of day one and day two assessment. with a short written mock test. I just wanted to know as I need to find the things I'm going to be asked in the competancies interview. I can remember there are 5 elements, fith one being how you present yourself, eye contact, slouching etc. Others were? Teamwork? Personal responsibility..and I draw a blank any help appreciated or a link to the leaflet would be much appreciated. Cheers Sean

    • 3 replies
    • 595 views
  3. tim131
    Started by tim131,

    Hi there, I am applying to a regulars force up in Scotland, however I've run into a bit of difficulty with the vetting forms. It asks me if "Been subject of an adverse Sheriff Court or Court of Session judgement, or a County Court Judgement in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, on financial matters?" and "Been subject of an adverse Sheriff Court or Court of Session judgement, or a County Court Judgement in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, on financial matters?" Now, as I am a student, I am not liable to pay council tax, so we sent off our letters saying we do x amount of hours of study per week, thus entitling us to free council tax, now my flatmate took care of …

    • 6 replies
    • 568 views
  4. Loudand
    Started by Loudand,

    Just a bit of info for any SC's out there thinking of joining BTP, we were informed today by the Chief Officer that we are accepting transfers for SC's from other forces. There will be 2 intakes this year. Recruitment will start for new recruit SC's in Jan 2013.

    • 6 replies
    • 895 views
  5. Pantera1989
    Started by Pantera1989,

    :w00t:Hi all, I've been contacted by my chosen force today, and I've been informed that my vetting clearance has come back ok. Im due to start training on the 18th Feb, I'm dead chuffed! I applied back in March 2011-Passed the paper sift. Attended assessment centre 12th Nobember-passed. Medical examination 19th December-passed. Passed vetting 27th January 2012. I suppose It's been a long process, I'm sure it'll be worth it! Bring on the training. Cheers, Dean.

    • 12 replies
    • 1k views
  6. Loz1
    Started by Loz1,

    Hi, I'm looking in to becoming a special in Essex, currently they are not recruiting but when they are I want to be ready. I have always wanted to be a police office but when I left school i got side tracked and ended up in an office!! Now im 27 married with 3 kids and my wife and i have been chatting and she said she would support me if i wanted to join the specials and hopefully this would lead to a place n the force full time in a couple of years. What i really want to know is that when it comes to the 150 question multi choice test what sorts of questions are asked?? My math's and English are ok but i am worried that they won't be good enough? Can any one recommend …

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 615 views
    Administrative Account
  7. Reiman
    Started by Reiman,

    Hello! I applied to the Kent and the Met police on Tuesday, I had an unsuccessful email from the Kent police because of tattoo(s) but I had a email about the MSC selection process support presentation from the Met. I've booked a place on a presentation, I'm just confused to whether or not they acknowleged my tattoos?

    • 19 replies
    • 2.3k views
  8. MSN91
    Started by MSN91,

    Hi I have applied to be a special with Essex Police. I have passed my PIRT,Interview and Fitness. I had my medical the other day and just wondered how long it would be until i found out the results? Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 689 views
  9. wannabe cop
    Started by wannabe cop,

    All, Just booked myself a place for the fitness test on 20th Feb at 08.30am. Anybody else from here on at the same time? Kind regards Nahim

    • 2 replies
    • 440 views
  10. Bingby
    Started by Bingby,

    Hi guys, currently serving in Humberside A div, wondered how I go about getting a transfer to Nottinghamshire as I'm at university here and have struggled to put in the hours that I'd like back home due to commitments here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 401 views
    morale_outbreak
  11. JPS1995
    Started by JPS1995,

    Hello, I was looking into the police force and think it is worth considering it as a career, even though there have been considerable cuts. I plan on doing a degree in Chemistry, even if I choose to apply to the police force, so I would be about 22/23 before applying so hopefully there will be more places open. I read that it takes about 2 years before you are allowed to apply for any sort of speciality, though I assume it is usually takes more time than that, but I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on certain career paths. Protection Command seems an interesting speciality. How do you go about getting into the command? And what is promotion like in th…

    • 5 replies
    • 942 views
  12. amylouise1546081361
    Started by amylouise1546081361,

    Hi, I am a new member , and someone I met during the PIRT suggested I should check out the forum. I am at the stage where I have passed the PIRT, and in the process of completing my medical forms. I am aware that the interview is the next stage, has anyone got any tips in order to try and succeed in this part? The woman who conducted didn't mention a fitness test (I am aware there will probably be one) and after reading a few topics it seems to just be a bleep test is this correct? I am really nervous! Thanks, Amy

    • 3 replies
    • 446 views
    amylouise1546081361
  13. paulus69
    Started by paulus69,

    I have applied to be a Special in the Surrey Police andhave my invitation to Part 1 of the Assessment Centre. I understand from theinvitation letter that the evening includes talks and videos as well as a 20 minutewritten exam. This forum says I should prepare well for this exam but I cannotdo that if I am unaware of what this exam entails. Can anyone advise me whatformat this exam takes? Thanks

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 563 views
  14. cwhite90999
    Started by cwhite90999,

    Hi, does anyone have the up-to-date eyesight requirements? I wear glasses at the moment and as I understand it you have to able to see a certain amount without glasses. I'm pretty short sighted, to the point of things beyond my elbow being blurry. I just want to check as every thing I find either doesn't specify properly or is a little out of date. I'm sure I will be fine, but I do not want to take the risk of thinking it'll be fine when it isn't

    • 2 replies
    • 481 views
  15. magnumuk
    Started by magnumuk,

    I have done a credit report and it shows that except for a few late payments on my credit card, My accounts are all in the green. However I have a defaulted account at a previous address which is an orange mobile contract which I am paying back. May be difficult to say but how is this going to affect me vetting wise? Thanks In advance

    • 4 replies
    • 424 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.