Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. deboy
    Started by deboy,

    Hi Guys & Gals, Im a newbie here so please be bear with me. Came across this forum tonight and was wondering anyone can give me some advice and tips on the interview. I have applied to Merseyside Police Specials and I am on the final hurdle "The Interview" tomorow morning. I have researched the role and the force as much as I can and was wondering if anyone had any tips or have recently been through the process and share there knowledge Cheers John

    • 3 replies
    • 545 views
  2. Locky
    Started by Locky,

    Well had a reply the other day and my application was successful just need to wait now for the assessment day. Cant wait rather excited!!!!

    • 3 replies
    • 655 views
  3. ouch
    Started by ouch,

    Hello Everyone, I was hoping someone might give me some guidance and opinion: About ten years ago I was a Special Constable; after about 3 years service I made a silly mistake and was in a bar during a lockin after a bit of a long day out drinking. Long and short of it I was identified on CCTV at a later date and Suspended/Investigated for about 9 months before I bit the bullet and decided that all the hassle was not worthwhile and I decided to get on with life and I resigned. I was investigated under the Police Act "For being in a place that put the forces name in disrepute." I think there was more to it but I didn't know much of the other detailbut I knew there …

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. smophie
    Started by smophie,

    Hi guys! Hopefully you're all ok & can help me with this question Ok, basically I have tried to get into the police by applying for the post of an investigation support team assessor for North Wales Police. I've had a letter to say I've made it through the paper sift and now I am wanted for an assessment which consists of a typing speed test, telephone scenarioes and the one I'm unsure about which is psychometric tests. It does not state what sort of psychometric test & therefore I am unsure... Please can someone tell me what I will be doing? Thank you & love you all lotsies, Sophie

    • 2 replies
    • 621 views
  5. zzzzz
    Started by zzzzz,

    Hi everyone. I'm interested in becoming a special, it's the fitness assessment which is scaring me. I'm reasonably confident I'd do well in interview etc, but don't want to go through all that to fail the fitness! The running/endurance seems relatively simple. As far as I can remember, it was quite easy to get 5.4 when I did the 'bleep test' a few years ago - for anyone that has a 'high level of fitness' (as I read it on one site), it must be a breeze?? I wouldn't say I'm 'fit' as I don't play sport etc, but I can run for a while and am certainly not unfit. Is that the same with the strength tests? I.e. you don't need to be 'strong' but being average will be enough? My…

    • 11 replies
    • 592 views
  6. wannabe cop
    Started by wannabe cop,

    All, I have been finally told today that my veting is clear and that I have a place on the 3rd March intake at Herts. Really, really happy................. Uniform fitting on Monday and then thats it. OMG..............its finally happening!!!!!!!!!!!! Nahim

    • 10 replies
    • 682 views
  7. sugar rush
    Started by sugar rush,

    I have just recieved my date for the assesment day. I am very nervous but its my dream to join the police service. Could you please give me any advice or tips on what will be expected at the assesment day as i really want to pass. Many Thanks.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. Parnham91
    Started by Parnham91,

    Hi guys, I'm new to this site so I don't really know how it all works! I recceived a letter yesterday saying I had been successful in my application and have been invited to the assessment centre for Humberside specials. Should I expect to receive an information pack to help me prepare for the day? If you have any useful information for the day I'd really appreciate it. Thank you

    • 7 replies
    • 492 views
  9. Dannywayoflife
    Started by Dannywayoflife,

    Hi everyone, I joined the forum yesterday so thought I should say hi. I'm interested in becoming a special and am currently putting in an application with one of my local forces. However do to my working in the security industry they have requested a job profile. I understand that some roles within my industry make you ineligible to join but don't understand what roles these are. I currently work for a large company as a security officer at a commercial site. My job basically is logging ingress and egress, patrols of the site and carrying out the customers random staff search policy. I have little to no contact with the public, do any of you guys s…

    • 8 replies
    • 600 views
  10. hopeless_place
    Started by hopeless_place,

    Can anyone tell me, What was your credit score when you got accepted/rejected. I use CreditExpert and I have 849 which they rate as "Fair". Personally I think that's pretty good seeing as its out of 999. I have 2 credit cards, no loans. Have used Wonga before Sorry! Did anyone have any worse and get through?

    • 6 replies
    • 688 views
  11. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    Im not sure if this will be a problem as long as I explain it and give proof of my situation I suppose but I thought I would still check just to see if its worth mentioning something in the form or just telling them when I go for the test. The Met requires a substance misuse test for all applicants to the Special Constabulary. However I am currently taking medication. It is an ADHD treatment called Medikinet (Brand name) but often goes by its proper chemical name: Methylphenidate Hydrochloride. Now I cannot remember off the top of my head but I think its based on or has the same active ingredient/chemical compound as Amphetamine but like I say I cannot remember....... H…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.9k views
  12. Mastbruch
    Started by Mastbruch * ,

    Just a quick question, I know about the rehabilitation act 74 but if you were convicted of common assault 11 years ago can you join the specials. Cheers

  13. turned-around
    Started by turned-around,

    When you go from Special to Regular does your shoulder number change?

  14. jsc01
    Started by jsc01,

    Hi guys, Ive recently passed my specials assessment and im just waiting to start my training and was wondering, what kind of things are coverered during specials training considering its so much shorter that the training for regulars :) thanks JSC01

  15. Dills147
    Started by Dills147,

    Hi all I am soon to be applying for the specials in hampshire and was wondering if my father owning a pub would effect my application at all? cheers!

    • 2 replies
    • 337 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.