Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. misstj1
    Started by misstj1,

    Hey all, So had the Training Introduction today - all is good until i get home and open the lovely brown envelope they gave us and i see big fat sign saying i need Hep B injections. I understand the needs and musts of it, but after grilling my mother to MAKE SURE i have not had it - the case be that I DONT DO NEEDLES.INJECTIONS. I have this intense fear of having injections. I am 22 and i have had one blood test at which i fainted. I think is where the fear has generated. But nevertheless this has really affected me. Everyone can tell me until the day i die that its nothing to be scared of and dont be such a baby. But truth is.. everyone fears something and this…

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 2.1k views
  2. magnumuk
    Started by magnumuk,

    I've passed Day 1 + Day 2. Waiting on Vetting (Which I suspect I will fail due to my financial situation but that's another topic, litterally) My question is how do I change boroughs? I selected my own borough at the very first stages of the application, however since doing my research i've decided against working my own borough. Do I need to let them know now? during training? after training? or will I have another chance to confirm the borough before then. I am applying to the MET. Thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 399 views
    Administrative Account
  3. magnumuk
    Started by magnumuk,

    As above, Do you need a full driving licence to be a regular? I'm currently in the process of applying to be a special for the MET (Passed day 1 + 2). I want to progress only being a regular one day, But I don't currently drive. Thanks in advance, Markus

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. Blizzard1986
    Started by Blizzard1986,

    Hello all I have recently passed the fitness and have a medical date of the 29th February, When I had passed the assessment day and interview I checked my credit report and found 2-3 defaults on my credit report which I declared straight away to the vetting department because I didn't want it to seem like I was hiding something. I am even more worried now because of a miscommunication through my Debt management company and Barclay card I have received a default notice through this morning which I am not happy about as I have been making regular payments and as far as I understood Barclay card were happy to receive a reduced amount but evidently not the outstanding balanc…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Blizzard1986
    Started by Blizzard1986,

    I received my letter through the post this morning and I have passed the assessment process and have my fitness test on the 11th Feb at 9am. Really thought I did bad but passed with flying colours :-)

    • 35 replies
    • 2.1k views
  6. Jim-Z1000
    Started by Jim-Z1000,

    First of all hello and sorry if I have put this in the wrong section. just need a bit of help in regards to know weather to bother applying to be a special as I was reading through the specials application form available on the Sussex police website I came across the paragraph: "● You should not have a criminal record. Regrettably, we are unable to accept applications from individuals with either juvenile or adult cautions, convictions or reprimands. Some driving convictions will render you ineligible, please provide full details on your application form." I do have a rather poor past as a youth for numerous emotional reasons surrounding my father but to cut a long st…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. emmlouijones
    Started by emmlouijones,

    Hi, I have made it through the first stage of the selection process for the current PCSO roles. i have to attend an assessment session this sunday for a verbal and written assessment and ive been told that this possibly entails roleplay and different scenarios that we will have to deal with... can anyone elaborate a little more, what kinds of situations do you think we will be faced with? etc. I really want to be well prepared for sunday, :new_doh2:

    • 4 replies
    • 1.8k views
  8. wannabe cop
    Started by wannabe cop,

    Hi all, As many of you know, I am applying to the Herts Constabulary as a Special Constable. I have my Intake day on 3rd March 2012. I have my medical re-test on 17th February 2012. ( was 97kg in Weight, I am now 90.7 kg and target weight was 90kg to pass.....(I'll take my wallet out of pocket before stepping on the scales LOL)..... I have my fitness test on the 20th February 2012. I have uniform fitting booked for 27th February 2012. I have been asked to complete another Financial Vetting form by the Vetting unit...(I own many properties and busniess loans) so probably flagged up my high level of debt..... I have been given my Warrant Number and asked to do 2 cour…

    • 1 reply
    • 604 views
    Administrative Account
  9. themechanic
    Started by themechanic,

    Morning all-- I applied to become a special constable back in August, however, I was unsuccessful at the interview stage on October. I have today been and checked my application date and found that I had submitted my application on August 8th - failed interview on October 21st. Am I now eligible to re-apply or will I have to wait until 6months from the date on which I failed my application; I'm really un-sure on how this waiting period actually works. John.

    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Cameron
    Started by Cameron,

    Hi I'm thinking of joining the police when I'm older (currently in my teens). The problem is I have only recently thought of a possible problem. I'm half Cambodian, was born In England and apparently I look abit Chinese, although I don't think I look very much. I'm white but my skin is kind of olive skin abit yellow. Anyway I'm worried that this might cause problems with me joining the police because the recruiters or any one else might treat me differently. Also If I do get In I'd probably not only get the abuse from the public for being a police officer but also possible racial abuse. I also noticed this in an article saying that ethnic minority officers are less like…

    • 10 replies
    • 790 views
  11. cosworthchris
    Started by cosworthchris,

    Hi! I'm new, ish. I'm Chris and my goal is to end up as a traffic officer, should recruting for such positions open up again in the future! I blame this on two things: my car, and an old BBC documentary series called X-Cars...anyone remember it? I submitted my application form to Norfolk contabulary just before new year, and a few weeks ago (on my birthday!) I received a letter with a date for my PIR test, so my handwriting must have been legible, and I'm presumably not related to any hardened criminals! I'm really quite excited! Apart from my driving test it's the only test I've ever looked forward to! My test is on February 20th, so just over a week to go. I'll …

    • 2 replies
    • 458 views
  12. steven171090
    Started by steven171090,

    I recently failed Hertfordshire Constabulary in December 2011 but was allowed 3 months before retaking my tests on stage 1 - interview & written tests. I have now withdrawn that application and went forward to the metropolitan police in which I have an assessment day next week. Will I get rejected as I failed Herts within 6 months?

    • 3 replies
    • 573 views
  13. steven171090
    Started by steven171090,

    I recently failed Hertfordshire Constabulary in December 2011 but was allowed 3 months before retaking my tests on stage 1 - interview & written tests. I have now withdrawn that application and went forward to the metropolitan police in which I have an assessment day next week. Will I get rejected as I failed Herts within 6 months?

    • 0 replies
    • 360 views
  14. phillip_davies
    Started by phillip_davies,

    Hi All Just a quick topic for you all. Which forces are currently recruiting new police officers or pcso's in the Uk and Scotland areas? Or when will they be taking on in the future? Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Marty McFly1546081284
  15. wmpolicespecial
    Started by wmpolicespecial,

    Hi All, I have my assessment centre this month and am really looking forward to it. I just have a couple of questions which I hope somebody can help with. I have done a couple of practice situational judgement tests. I have noticed that there are sometimes 2 possible "least effective" answers listed as acceptable answers on the answer sheet. I presume this means you still pick only 1 most and 1 least effective option but there are two possible answers or do you have to select both? Apologies if that sounds a stupid question! I've read up on the interview and understand you need to make sure you hit the competencies. Would people recommened to draft answers and pract…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.