Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi guys, It's been 2 weeks today since attending my day 1 to be a special at Hendon, (for the MET). I was told it'd take up to two weeks for results. But i've already had to call HR a few times regarding borough choices etc, so I don't want to bug them as i know they're very busy.. How long would you suggest I wait? Thank you
-
my step daughter has been going to college studying public services get top grades applied for uni got in all uni she applied she applied to be a special in liverpool passed everything medical fitness interview test the lot then she got a email saying she failed the background checks but no explanation why her real dad is in jail for a violent crime but has had not contact with her and paid nothing toward her upbringing well that what we are thinking stopped her but how do we find out has she been to college for nothing would it be a waiste of time going to uni in public services studying crime if she cant pass checks after for no fault of her own
-
I've done a little research on the DYNO Concept2 machines that are used for the push-pull test and I found a list of gyms that apparently have this equipment: http://concept2.co.uk/dyno/clubs I contacted Capel Gym in Tonbridge because I live in London and it is the most conveniently located gym for me from that list. I haven't been yet, will post again once I visited them. So far I understand it costs £10 a visit, they let you warm up on the treadmill as if it was a bleep test (if you want) and someone provides instructions for the push-pull machine. The only thing they ask is that you contact them before you attend and they are not keen on Sundays. Hopefully many fin…
-
Hello all! After doing a little bit of lurking in the corners I thought I'd better sign up and join rather hiding in the background. I'm currently in the process of applying with the Met. and had my Day 1 on the 17th. I was positive I had failed the interview but after a call to recruitment I discovered I had passed. Not entirely sure how I did pass but I'm not knocking it! Just need to wait for my checks and then my Day 2 (or so the woman on the phone told me and that If I've not heard anything by the end of March to call back). I'm in the final year of uni and looking for jobs I found one for a Security Officer at Gatwick. Now I'm sitting here filling it all in, sent …
-
Hello everyone,not to give you my life story but I applyied for the CNC in Febuary of last year and after a long wait was informed I had failed the papersift. Bit of a blow but not dishearting enough to leave it at that.I am a serving soldier and am due to leave the army in January of next year,as a result I am currently applying for the lancashire specials as in the current climate its the best option for me! However i have the appication form in front of me now and have pretty much completed it in pencil draft.But as you can imagine I'm a little wary and so would love some advice off applicants who have been successful! Basically I'm a little unsure as what to write …
-
Hello chaps, Just a quick enquiry I wanted to make, to see if any of you could answer it for me: I'm currently at University in Aberystwyth, so I'm applying to Dyfed-Powys Special Constabulary. My question is, when I finish University, and presumably return home to Worcester in a few years time, would I be able to apply for a Special Constabulary transfer to West Mercia Constabulary? Or would I have to re-apply. It's just I'm not sure if the Transferral options open to regulars are open to Specials as well. Any response would be appreciated! Thanks, Charlie.
-
Is there anyone else out there that has there assessment on 9th March?? :-D
-
I'm currently waiting for my Assessment Centre Day 1 date at the moment, but I've bee doing some thinking and research on what to do and what to expect. The main question I have really is whether or not it would be acceptable to "reuse" a competency used in the application? If I haven't explained what I mean clearly enough, let me know and I'll see if I can elaborate a bit more on what I mean. Thanks
-
I was speaking to my friend yesterday who wants to join the specials. He told me he is part of a home watch community, has a radio to speak to other members of the community. I thought it might be a conflict of interests for him to do both specials and "community security" What do you think? Is it?
-
Was wondering when West Midlands Police will start recruiting Special Constables?
-
Hi all, i´m new to this forum and have a question about vetting. On the information about becoming a special it says that part of the vetting involves background checks on your family...so one is left thinking...could my familys past affect me? although i have no contact with my father or his side of the family could his criminal record or the past of other family members affect me? if so what are the chances of rejection? thanks.
-
I passed my PIR test the other week and have had the invitation for the interview on the 14th March (I am applying for Avon and Somerset). I know about the 7 main competencies and how the interview lasts for 20mins with 4 questions asked about the competencies but my problem is that as I am only 20, I obviously have not had as much life experience as others and have not been placed in situations that I could talk about in the interview. So will the interviewer take this into account? What if my past experience isn't that strong based on the fact that I haven't had the appropriate past experience, e.g breaking up a fight/argument between colleagues? Any advice on my pro…
-
Right, I'm quite new and this is my first post so i hope i've done this right :D I'm only 18 and a half, and I hope to join the specials for Leicestershire constabulary whilst at University. Basically i need some help with the last section of the form, the competency assessment bit. The question is this, 'Please recall an occassion when you had to deal with someone who had been unhappy with the service they had been given or the way they had been treated.' Then I have to answer various questions like what you did to sort out the problem etc. The problem i have is that i cant think of one. I cant really use any situations from jobs ive had, because the only job ive had…
-
The next edition of the Special Constabulary newsletter from Police Oracle, in conjunction with PoliceSpecials com is due out on Friday, March 2 2012. Signing up could not be easier, simply click on the link: http://www.policespecials.com/?signup The newsletter is free of charge and is aimed at Special Constables and those who have involvement with the Special Constabulary. It contains SC news and features, along with jobs and police equipment deals.
-
- 0 replies
- 668 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Ad from the Met Police website: http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/policestaff/pcso.html Very surprised to see them taking on more PCSO's, as I was under the impression they would begin to scrap the role. Best of luck to anyone here who plans to apply.