Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Johnbear91
    Started by Johnbear91,

    Hello, Just joined the forum as I have recently got my 'congratulations' letter through from Devon and Cornwall police, inviting me to start my training at the end of March and also to pick up my uniform then. The thing I need help - in the letter it explains that I am required to wear smart dress to the training academy and then my uniform throughout the training sessions and I will get my uniform on arrival, it then mentioned footwear. The letter told me to wear flat black shoes (not ballet pump or other soft shoes) or boots. Should I purchase a pair of police boots for this? Or have I read it wrong and will be wasting my money? Appreciate the help in advance P.S.…

    • 13 replies
    • 803 views
    Administrative Account
  2. Letitenfoldyou
    Started by Letitenfoldyou,

    Hey all, former SC here who still hopes to one day join the regs. Quick question: I've recently been prescribed an antidepressant - peroxetine - for a non REM sleep disorder. Read: sleepwalking. I don't suffer from mental illness at all, however would antidepressants being on my medical record affect any future application I may make to the regs? I haven't taken any of the pills yet because of this concern. Thanks in advance for advice.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. bian101
    Started by bian101,

    Hey guys I sent my application in to Cumbria Constabulary about a week or so ago, they said i should hear back from them towards the end of this week to say if im into the next stage of application. I'm rather nervous However i was just curious when they request a reference from my employer and my 2 referees? I have nothing to worry about but im just worried i will not get in, I am in air cadets rank Flight Sergeant, so im basically the cadet in charge lots of responsibility, do you think that will come in useful in terms of application? Thanks Ian.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 786 views
  4. LMAB90
    Started by LMAB90,

    I'm asking this question out of general interest - Is it possible for me to work as a PCSO within a non-Home Office force (such as Transport Police) and as a Special Constable within a Home Office force? Since Transport Police are not government funded and 'private' so to speak would the conflict of interest still exist; or is there a possibility I could be permitted to do this? (In addition, why is it frowned upon to hold both occupations at the same time?)

    • 22 replies
    • 1.9k views
  5. tarnia
    Started by tarnia,

    Hi,,i am going through my sc,application,and have bought the "pass paper books",was wondering if they do really help you get through the set exams,has any1,used them??

    • 9 replies
    • 613 views
  6. shade1546080910
    Started by shade1546080910,

    Hi, I have my presentation evening for humberside next week, then from there i can recieve a application. My question is i hold a SIA Door Supervisor licence, I have previously worked Events and at a nightclub. I am no longer employed by any security companies, and dont plan on pursing that typre of work anylonger, i know security personell is a occupation which is dis-allowed. Just wondering how this would effect my application? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 447 views
    shade1546080910
  7. dave1987
    Started by dave1987,

    Firstly hello everyone, stumbled on this forums whilst goggling, pretty good site! I've fired off my application for the MPS and have been emailed about attending an introduction thing. I've noticed that you have to attending day 1 + 2 before they check your background ect so I have a quick question to put my mind at rest. I appreciate only vetting can answer this but personal opinions will help... Ok so September 2007 I was pulled over in Kent because I was 18 in a banged up escort with 4 friends. They searched the car and found a couple of joints in the passenger door pocket! Now before I'm judged it wasn't mine or my friends, my now EX girlfriends friend left it the…

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 2.5k views
  8. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    I came across the precluded occupations and it seems that regular members of the Armed Forces are not allowed to become Specials. Why exactly is this? I for one don't see any conflict of interest whatsoever (if that's why) Let's assume for saying's sake..... This army person was a Doctor (Medical Officer). Why is it that they wouldn't be allowed to be an SC?

    • 8 replies
    • 715 views
  9. IndiaTango
    Started by IndiaTango,

    Hey guys, Unfortunately I was unsuccessful with my application to WYP SC but I'm looking ahead and have noticed the vacancies for PCSOs in the BTP. Am I right in thinking I'm unable to apply due to my failed SC application? Many thanks, ITaylor

    • 6 replies
    • 650 views
  10. Charlie
    Started by Charlie,

    A few days ago I attended a session where the specials application process is outlined. It was extremely helpful and I'd recommend it to anyone that gets invited, if you're lucky enough that the force that you want to join offers one of these sessions. I was surprised at: How far away some people were applying from. How many wanted to become regulars. I never knew it how prevalent it is. How many people were available to attend the 23-day intensive course. About half the attendees said they could. How 90%+ of applicants were between the ages of 18-23, roughly. How some people, despite being told to dress smart, turned up looking like they just came out the gym. …

    • 4 replies
    • 398 views
    ((TheShake))1546081325
  11. wannabe cop
    Started by wannabe cop,

    All, Have any one been asked to complete an aditional Financial Vetting form by HR? It asks for a lot of personal information that I would not want to share with my parents or missus for that matter. Is this normal or what is its true purpose? I am sure for this benefit, a simple check would suffice to ensure I cannot be compromised. Please be assured that this is no way an attempt to conceal or hide things. Purely, extremely personal financial information that I am not comfortable with sharing. What are your thoughts on this. I am going to call HR on this in the morning to gain more insights. But what do you think..... Thanks Nahim

    • 7 replies
    • 596 views
  12. tarnia
    Started by tarnia,

    hi,,was wondering how long other specials have waited to hear back,with the very first stage,checks I have waited over a month,? I phoned to make sure my application has been put on the police system,and they have got it ,the suspence is killing me!

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1k views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  13. Johannesburg
    Started by Johannesburg,

    Application for the CNC still under consideration, given all the Scottish Forces now recruiting does a CNC application count as an application in their eyes?

    • 7 replies
    • 653 views
  14. FidelChazztro
    Started by FidelChazztro,

    Evening, I'm currently undergoing Gateway training with Hants Constabulary (for Special Constable) but, my ultimate aim/ dream is to become a DPG officer with the Met. I was just wondering; is it possible to transfer from one force to another whilst you are in training, more specifically; can I transfer to the Met from Hants Constabulary? If so, how would I go about it? Many thanks!

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 456 views
  15. BlockMan
    Started by BlockMan,

    Got an E-mail today saying my application has been rejected because I currently work as a door supervisor. I know you couldn't work as one when you become an SC. I didn't know it was a problem during the application stage. Gutted :D

    • 22 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.