Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mark_C
    Started by Mark_C,

    Hi, I've got my interview soon to become a SC and I'm deperate to impress. I'm revising my competencies hard, so should I be looking at giving examples of when I've displayed those? I think the hardest is the Respect for Race and Diversity, I can answer it but it's probably a big too fluffy and needs to be more focused. Anyone had thier interview that can give me some pointers please? Thanks, Mark

  2. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    I am filling out my online application for Met specials however I am a bit confused.........................does employment cover voluntary work by any chance? or is it just paid employment.

    • 2 replies
    • 363 views
  3. Zone
    Started by Zone,

    Hi everyone, I'm new around here (so go easy please!) I've just sent my application off to become a Special Constable for the Lancashire Constabulary. It's my 18th birthday tomorrow (22nd February) and I've sent it off special delivery so they should receive it bang on my birthday, haha! I've read the process can take between 3-6 months - is this the application form to be reviewed, or the entire process from start to finish? I also live in sunny old Blackpool (not!) and I'm wondering what kind of training/places I'll have to attend; I can't travel far so it might be difficult if I have to go to a different county to do training. Any advice is much appreciated! Cheers, …

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1k views
  4. Robshephard
    Started by Robshephard,

    Hi guys, I passed my medical today for Hampshire and IOW, am so pleased. Just waiting now for the phone call to tell me everything else has gone through ok. I'd be gutted if it was bad news now.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 495 views
  5. cwhite90999
    Started by cwhite90999,

    I am yet to hear back from Northumbria about the status of my application, but my main concern, apart from my eyesight, is fitness. I have been doing things to help like losing weight, walking everywhere, running once/twice a week, long 5 mile walk on the weekend but what I want to know is the bleep test. Am i right in understanding its a level 5/4 you have to get to, to pass? And where can I get a "bleep tape" (for want of the correct phrase) to see how close I am to it? I know from my uncle that you just have to pass, but I personally want to pass and have plenty left in reserve.

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. perla
    Started by perla,

    Hello, I hope someone can help with some info on the duration of the recruitment process? I was recently invited to attend day 2 - fitness test and medical on the 5th March 2012. Does this mean that subject to the test and a CRB check being completed, I will eventually receive an invitation to join, or is this not guaranteed even if one succeeds through all the stages? Also, how long does it usually take from day 2 to the start of the training schedule? The position is DDO in London area. thanks perla:))

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    Hello. I am hoping to apply to the Met Specials on my 18th Birthday (in April) However I have a bit of a sticky situation. There is this programme aimed at young people who will be 18 on July 1st to get a job as a member of security staff at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Now I have the BTEC and the interview is in March with G4S. I will be (hopefully) employed by G4S but this is just a temporary contract. I will be employed only for the games and I will be exempt from holding an SIA Licence (the licence for security professionals in the UK). Now bearing in mind that during this period I should still be in the application phase for specials (because…

    • 5 replies
    • 658 views
  8. Nickyc
    Started by Nickyc,

    Now, i did a search on PS and on the TVP website, but couldnt really find anything covering this, but... I was wondering, could a G4S/Reliance police custody assistant work as a special as well? same question also applies to a forensic assistant, G4S run prisons and cash van drivers?! All seems to be a bit of a grey area and no one seems to cover it in a post Cheers!

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 502 views
  9. Mark_C
    Started by Mark_C,

    Hi, Apologies for a post with a similar topic! I've my interview for Lancashire Special Constabulary just next week and I'm well on with my revision. I've really looked in to Lancs Police strategies and Senior Officers etc, and I've looked in depth (I hope) in to the regional ethnic/minority groups, the strands of diversity etc. I see people talking about 'core competencies', are these community and customer focus, effective communication etc? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Finally what can I expect the psychometric tests to be, I've done them for the Royal Navy before so I was wondering as to how they'd compare to those? Any tips? Thanks, Mark

  10. hopeless_place
    Started by hopeless_place,

    Hi I am applying for the role of a special at the moment and I submitted my vetting documents and medical questionnaire. I submitted my medical questionnaire yesterday to the office and my boss has received the email about my employment history but not as of yet replied although I guess will be doing today. But I have just recieved my invitation to the medical in a couple of days. Does this mean I have passed vetting?? Or will they email me separately about vetting.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 511 views
  11. richard_becky
    Started by richard_becky,

    hi all, looking to try and go into the police after i finish school but im not 100% sure on what i have to do i was thinking maybe a police collage as i saw something briefly about that and if there is a collage in chelmsford essex??

    • 5 replies
    • 506 views
  12. steven171090
    Started by steven171090,

    I know there is a thread similar to this but I felt if I start a different one with emphasis and focus on the dates from our application all the way through to the end then people can get an idea of how long it takes etc. I'll Start the ball rolling as I believe although it will vary from force to force; its still a good indication for people to see what their experience was like and roughly how long it took them to go through each stage. Metropolitan Police MSC (Special Constable) 14th November 2011 I applied to the Metropolitan Police as an MSC (special Constable) on 14th November 2011 in which I felt the process was considerably different (I had previously applied …

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. xAbz91x
    Started by xAbz91x,

    Hello all, So i've now passed the application process, I then passed the assessment day, and last week I passed the dreaded interview.. So far I would say that the interview was the hardest...in my opinion I found it horrible...But maybe that's just me.... Now for the fitness...I am currently working on my fitness...I've already lost a stone in weight and dropped my BMI, but am still very worried about the physical.... I think the bleep test will be ok, i'm more bothered about the push/pull tests, as I missed the practice test that females were invited to...Are there any women that can put my mind at ease??? Thanks in advance Abbie

    • 3 replies
    • 608 views
  14. Zoepowell
    Started by Zoepowell,

    Hi all, I am attending the information evening this Thursday and i have no idea what its going to be like, can any1 inform me what its like? I am abit Scared/worried/nervous Thanks :-)

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. shade1546080910
    Started by shade1546080910,

    Hi Just filling in my application form for Humberside Police, I have filled in the whole form apart from one question i do not undertand. This is the part where it says are you a Commonwealth Citizen? call me daft and google wasnt much help but would i be classed as a commonwealth citizen? I was born in Britain, and always lived in Britain. Thanks

    • 14 replies
    • 651 views
    shade1546080910

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.