Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jeza
    Started by jeza * ,

    Hi I've just joined today and was looking for some information. I just wanted to know how to join as an ex military personnel, I've just found out this month I'm possibly on the redundancy hit list as I've done over 12yrs service. So wanted to get some info on here so I can decide weather to jump before I'm pushed. I always wanted to join the Police Force from a young age and it appears I might be able to get my chance so wanting some information on recruitment age and also how easy it is to be vetted if your still serving in the Armed Forces.>If anybody can give me some useful info I would be very appreciated. Thank you

    • 7 replies
    • 839 views
  2. Apple_iPlod
    Started by Apple_iPlod,

    Hi, I am a 21 years old and joining the police force has been my dream since I was at a very young age. I have been reading on this forum for a few months now and I was wondering if you lot could help me? I'm interested in being a regular police officer, full time of course. I am worried about my age, being too young, and that I have no related experience to get into the force apart from the basic qualifications (level 2 - literacy, numeracy, ICT & over 5 GCSE's). Do I stand a chance in achieving this or should I stop here? Just some information that would help me to become a regular would be great, I have looked into becoming a special constable but I am worried t…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Foxtrot-Alpha
    Started by Foxtrot-Alpha,

    Hello, So I passed my PIRT and Interview at the Assessment Centre, and now I am at the vetting stage, I have obviously asked around the family, whom, if any have any criminal records etc, and also I have been thinking about anything else that may prevent my application going further, so if any of these, from your personal opinion are likely to foil my chances please advise. My half brother has a criminal record for burglary, seven years ago, went to court but was not given a prison sentence. My dad had a minor drink drive offence 11 years ago, didnt have his licence taken away. And finally, I am not, and have never signed up to the electoral roll, or I dont remember d…

    • 1 reply
    • 503 views
  4. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    Hi guys, In my pursuit of trying to gain the best possible experience to one day join as a Reg I am looking to do some volunteering. I have just passed the paper sift to be a Special at my local force but assessment dates and potential start dates will be a long way away. My reason for volunteering is obviously to help both others and myself. I want some good competency answers beyond my work experience. I'm struggling to get hold of the Reg competencies and slightly confused whether different forces use different ones? Also, would people suggest getting involved in local community groups etc or looking at more mainstream charities? I have arranged to meet with the loc…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 630 views
  5. Mike93

    Presumably this means I can fill in the form electronically? Although the application it's self is actually a PDF file so that makes it slightly difficult. Just want to be sure about all this before I send it off! Cheers Guys. Mike. (Oh and in person ? Is this just saying do it yourself ? Confusing)

    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. Robshephard
    Started by Robshephard,

    Hi All, I recieved an email today about attending an induction at netley. What is this for please if anyone could shed any light? I havnt had my vetting results back yet and havnt finished the online modules. Is anyone else attending. Thank guys

    • 2 replies
    • 718 views
  7. HampshireDave
    Started by HampshireDave,

    Hey guys and girls, Quick question! A stupid one I know, but none the less a good bit of information to be 100% sure on! For the fitness test are we required to wear fitness gear, so including trainers, trackies, or something along those lines? The reason why I ask is because I have been told by recruitment that I am off to fitness, how ever they have failed to tell me what to wear, so is it a case of shirt and tie jobbie to then later get changed, or from the go have trackies and trainers? An answer would be much appreciated! Cheers HampshireDave

    • 17 replies
    • 2.9k views
  8. alphamikebravo
    Started by alphamikebravo,

    Does anyone know if you still have to wait 6 months after you've failed a regulars application to apply for the specials?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. jules2000
    Started by jules2000,

    Hi Got my a/c and interview on Monday for Derbyshire Police..... Very very nervous about it, but i have been practicing everyday and preparing myself for it, this will be the 3rd attempt now.. anyone else going Monday?? Got around an hours drive to get there too so il be a nervous wreck by the time i get there.. I know my competencies so hoping il do ok at the intervoew and think il be ok with the SJT but its the written test "propsosal document" im dreading... ive been doing these mock ones from "how to become a police officer" but am frightened in case it is completely different... Do you think i should still structure the piece of writitng as STAR/CARR?? Any last ad…

    • 5 replies
    • 651 views
  10. Lee.S1546620511
    Started by Lee.S1546620511,

    Just a quick one, anyone on here going to be attending as part of a force, or working it? With it being based in Greater Manchester, I've already had an invite to work as part of it, so I shall be getting involved in the workshops and also taking part in a meet and greet session. Looking forward to it to be honest. More info can be found at www.sc2012.co.uk

    • 0 replies
    • 287 views
    Lee.S1546620511
  11. themechanic
    Started by themechanic,

    Hi all-- I applied for a special constabulary position in September; I was unsuccessful at the interview stage. I am aware that there is a 6 month waiting period to which I am unbale to apply for a regular or special with this particular force. Does the 6 month waiting time apply to all forces countrywide? Or, is it only for the force to whcih I have previously applied? Any responses welcome! Thanks. J.

    • 5 replies
    • 532 views
  12. jamie1339
    Started by jamie1339,

    I'm new here and I'm thinking of joining the Specials, I just have one question to ask though, when talking to people I can be midway through a sentence and will pronounce a word wrong but then I quickly correct it, it happens now and again but not all the time, would this be a problem if I applied to become a special? I don't have a stutter or anything like that, if you met me for the first time you wouldn't notice it, but sometimes when I try and say a word it just comes out all "kfdnfjds" then followed by a correction such as "anticipated". Cheers guys

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    Hi I'm filling in the A&S application form, well trying to I have gotten to the part where it asks about Individual achievements that will help my specials application process. What type of achievements should I put her because obviously my grade 1 in piano is irrelevant.. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 635 views
  14. McCann_1990
    Started by McCann_1990,

    Hi, I'm Tom, new to the forums! Apologies if this has already been posted previously. Anyway I recently heard I'd passed the paper sift stage for the South Yorkshire specials and therefore invited for the interview on 3rd March. I just want to confirm where I actually have to go. And at what time. As stupid as it sounds I couldn't hear the call too clearly at the time. (I was at the train station platform!) I figured it'd be helpful enough to come on here and ask. Thanks for the help.

    • 1 reply
    • 430 views
  15. Future Police Special
    Started by Future Police Special,

    Hi all, I am in the process of considering applying to become a police special. I have not yet began the application process as I am concentrating on getting my fitness up to scratch. In the mean time I have been speaking with my father and his friends who are all former police officers on what life as a police officer was like and any guidance on joining as a special. I am confident that I will eventually be able to join even if it takes years of applications as is something I am really passionate about doing. However, there is one area of concern, if it can even be considered concern, the vetting process. In terms of family with criminal convictions, my uncle was ar…

    • 4 replies
    • 857 views
    Future Police Special

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.