Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. DUWDUW1
    Started by DUWDUW1,

    Hello,I've read with some concern on the forums the issues potential SC's have had with vetting due to family members.I have an assessment day on the 5th of april for the Lancashire Constabulary and don't want to tempt fate but its probably better I ask now if anyone has been in a similiar situation.I've been in the army for early 5 years and will be a civilian by january next year,I've kept my nose clean all my life and have never had a brush in with the law in any respect.I live down south however I will be moving back to lancashire on my end of service and in that comes the problem.I have a family member,not immediete,an uncle infact who lives in the county and has a s…

    • 6 replies
    • 695 views
  2. Britwizard
    Started by Britwizard,

    Hi there, I'm new to the forum, but I used to serve as a special some years ago, and hopefully, (fingers crossed the paper sift will be okay), I'll be joining again soon. Anyway, I'm treating it like it's a new experience. Something I've never done before, and I wanted to say thanks to those who run this site. I found so much really invaluable information, and keep doing so! So thanks again! D

    • 0 replies
    • 329 views
  3. rgoltman26
    Started by rgoltman26,

    Hi guys, I have got my recruitment day with Grampian police tomorrow (23/3/12), just wondered if anyone could give me any hints/tips for the day? slightly nervous!! Thanks x

    • 2 replies
    • 538 views
  4. jona_1913
    Started by jona_1913,

    Hi all, I was just wondering what is the general time period between sending off your application and receiving any interview dates/ further information etc? Thanks!

    • 6 replies
    • 771 views
  5. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Hello all. I was wondering if anybody on here works in Environmental Health? Or if anybody knows anybody that does? I'm a final year EH student, recently applied to be a SC. However, I am unsure whether working in environmental health is a restricted occupation. The NPIA guidance says about uniformed neighbourhood wardens, which is not what I would be, however having enforcement powers I can see an issue. I would appreciate anybodies thoughts/comments about this, or if not a PM? I am applying for jobs alongside the police and do not want to create problems for myself. At the recruitment event I was advised to apply anyway and cross the bridge when I got to it... Chee…

    • 2 replies
    • 443 views
  6. Damsel
    Started by Damsel +,

    All In an effort to ease the pain of some members, I've decided to start compiling yet another list (well, 2 actually). This first of which will be, "What will I be issued with as a Special (Clothing)" I've formatted it the same as my "Driving in the specials" list, on a force by force basis. PLEASE PM ME with information, rather than give it in a reply in the thread, that'll keep the thread tidier. This list will relate to Special Constables only. While Regular officers may be issued the same kit, they very often get more of it, so any replies from regulars (regarding what is issued to them) will simply confuse matters. So, what I need. Your force, followed by how…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 22.8k views
  7. rabbit
    Started by rabbit,

    Hi All, I'm currently in the final stages of my application and am going through vetting. I was contacted by HR about getting in touch with previous employers for references. I had a job that I left nearly 2 years ago which I left in not ideal circumstances, after a genuine mistake on my part I was hauled in for a meeting with my boss after a week of being treated like an idiot (during which time I found another job which I had previously applied for as I wasn't happy in the current job) over the issue. At the end of the meeting I handed in my notice, at which point they said they would have terminated my employment anyway. I think it came to this because I really didn't…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 826 views
  8. Jess_em
    Started by Jess_em,

    So I have passed pretty much everything: assessment centre, fitness test and had my uniform fitting... One problem, Had my eyes tested the other day and my unaided vision without glasses/contact lenses did not reach the required level of 6/36. Thing is...Boots were in a rush and so made me take my contact lenses out and expect me to read the chart straight away without allowing my eyes to adjust. I am going to have another eye test somewhere else where they won't rush me to read the letters! If at the end of it all I don't reach the required level, I'm willing to get my eyes lasered. Do people think they would be willing to keep my application on hold whilst I ge…

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 1.9k views
  9. bian101
    Started by bian101,

    Hey, I have my PIR and interview tomorrow with Cumbria Police (they phoned me 2 days ago). I have seen this information on the site some time ago, however I cannot find it. With the PIR lets say i got 100% in the written tests and lets say 60% on the maths test do they add all results together to produce a final result or it pass or fail each module? Thanks =)

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 912 views
  10. bian101
    Started by bian101,

    Hey, On the medical form its asking "anxiety/depression" etc and "phobias" .. Now i have a major phobia of big spiders, i couldnt go in a cramped space with a spider in and i don't really like wasps (but i can use repellent for those) I just don't want to sound pathetic on the form by putting it if they don't really need to know? Also, it was suspected i have high blood pressure (about a year or so ago) but when i was seen by a pediatrician and having gone on 2 24 hour BP monitor and recordings in hospital it was found that the doctors used the wrong size cuff (too small making it look like i have a higher BP), so do i tick no as i haven't got a high BP? Seems like an o…

    • 3 replies
    • 538 views
  11. Chimodawg
    Started by Chimodawg,

    Hey guys, I'm Stephen and I'm new here, I haven't really known about the Specials for very long, but I've never been able to decide between the Armed Forces or the Emergency Services, so I've ended up doing both. I'm up here in the cold North, Newcastle Upon Tyne and I handed in my application not that long ago, I've got my interview and my fitness test in a week. I'm not worried at all about the fitness and I've been practicing my interview responses, writing them down and asking my friends for help, so I'm getting there. Anyhow, just thought I'd introduce myself. Wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect? What kind of atmosphere it'll be, I'm assuming not to …

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 579 views
    Straightjacket1545925726
  12. iPoliceman
    Started by iPoliceman,

    Hi all, hope everyone is OK. This is my first post. I'm at the end of the Specials recruitment. My query is this; I have passed all the requirements now. Last Monday I had my medical. The Doctor said all was fine and that I was fit to do the job. There is a catch though, I have had Asthma in the past, and although it's controlled through medication, the said doc wishes to refer me to specialist to make sure I'm on the correct medication. That's all fine. Trouble is, the force which I am applying has their last intake on the 31st March. Also the contractor who carries out the medical is Independant of the force, their contract ran out last week with said force. Guess what…

    • 6 replies
    • 607 views
  13. GMPGeorge1546081373
    Started by GMPGeorge1546081373,

    Hi there, I'm very interested in joining the specials. I've a few friends who have applied and passed day 1, so I want to catch up to them, so to speak. Although I'm only 17, so a few more months to wait, yet. Anyway, when I was 13 or so, I was given a reprimand (I think) for criminal damage. Basically, I was waiting for the school bus at a bus shelter, and I noticed the guy that had changed the poster had left the poster compartment thingummie unlocked. So I opened it, and angled the poster so that the door shut on it, tearing it in the process. Stupid, I know. But it happened. So I was given a reprimand for criminal damage. I seem the remember the PC who handled it s…

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 700 views
  14. Meal
    Started by Meal,

    hi guys, just sent off my application to Dyfed Powys Police for Special Constable and i was wondering what kind of questions would be asked during my interview (should my application be successful). Is there anything in particular that i need to research or keep up to date on? all input welcome! Thanks :new_no:

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Administrative Account
  15. Amz-0
    Started by Amz-0,

    Hey Guys I am applying to SYP PCSO jobs but i am having some right problems understanding application form, what i have to answer and what i don't have to answer this is the section were they try and explain what i have to answer: "Please provide examples to show us how you meet the essential and desirable criteria for the post as detailed on the Person Specification. You should firstly show how you meet the Specialist Knowledge required for the role. Next show how you meet the Behaviours required for the role as identified as shortlisting criteria on the person specification. There is no need to complete evidence for all 7 behaviours on the application form. For sho…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.