Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Neenor1546081370
    Started by Neenor1546081370,

    Hi All, I have spent day reading through all topics and have found some really useful pieces of information but wondered if anyone knew of a good book that could help me prepare for the written exam? In my letter it sates that the written test will comprise of: You will be required to read three different documents and then write a report encompassing the information that you have read. You will be marked on providing accurate information, feasible solutions to the queries raised. I have found a site that you can buy a DVD and workbook, but I emailed them and have heard nothing back so am a bit concerned how good the company is. http://www.police-recruitment.co.uk/pol…

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 5.3k views
    Griffin1546081308
  2. uncle1546620753

    hey I have recently finished my day 1 assessment for the specials in the met. I was wondering if it was possible to become a diplomatic protection group officer if your a special constable ? if it is how long will it take and how is the department I haven't herd much good although I still fancy the role thanks alot

  3. Cupcake1546081362
    Started by Cupcake1546081362,

    I am in a bit of a pickle on my original application form I ticked that I didn't have any convictions... as to me, being convicted means being found guilty in a court of law. But looking at it again, it looks like FPN also need to be disclosed, but because mine is 4 years old I naively thought it wouldn't matter. I am declaring it on my vetting form but am wondering if I should also phone recruitment to explain the situation. I don't want to be failed on vetting because they compare my vetting form with my original application form. I am a very integral person and want to be completely honest with them but I'm also worried that recruitment might look badly upon me. Does …

    • 6 replies
    • 892 views
  4. Cupcake1546081362
    Started by Cupcake1546081362,

    I am just in the process of filling in my vetting form and am going to declare a driving conviction from 2008. It was TS10...failing to comply with traffic signals (lesson learnt big time even being second in to the red light ). I got 3 points, a £60 and no ban. Do you think this will fail me on vetting?

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1k views
    Cupcake1546081362
  5. aerialrocket
    Started by aerialrocket,

    I am being vetted for a volunteer role and just wanted to know how long it normally takes?

    • 7 replies
    • 627 views
  6. jmcclay92
    Started by jmcclay92,

    Hi Everyone, I am attending an assessment day on the 27th of April for specials recruitment and i was wondering if anyone has any information on what to expect at the assessment centre. I know there will be a dictation test, group exercises and an interview. But it also says individual exercises? does anybody know what these could be? The force is Thames Valley. Thanks for all your help!

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 938 views
  7. eski
    Started by eski,

    What would happen to the transfer procedure between scottish forces and homeoffice forces should Scotland be granted independence.

    • 3 replies
    • 449 views
  8. Dani1982
    Started by Dani1982,

    Hi I have my assessment day coming up next Wed 28th March. Can't wait! Can anyone give me any tips on what is expected on the interview stage? and how much prep work I should do? thanks

    • 11 replies
    • 778 views
  9. rachael27161
    Started by rachael27161,

    So just had a letter in the post confirming i've passed the paper sift for the 2500 PCSO's that the MET are recruiting!! :D Got to confirm a day 1 slot then let the games begin If I pass, do I choose between becoming a special or PCSO????? Any suggestions/tips welcome! :D

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 785 views
  10. mcguire247
    Started by mcguire247,

    Hi there, First time posting long time fan. Was just curious whether anyone is going to the day 2 Assesment tomorrow at the Recruitment and Selection centre,Simpson house? And whether its a good idea to turn up in joggers etc or best to wear a suit and then change? Thanks Ray

    • 11 replies
    • 791 views
  11. magnumuk
    Started by magnumuk,

    It's been 8 weeks since I passed my day 2. Contacted Vetting whom stated that there are well over 10 vetting stages and i've passed them all so far, just waiting for the last one. She couldn't tell me what It was, and i'm going to take a guess and say it's likely to be family background checks as I know that's subject to the data protection act. Getting excited now! I have a whole bunch of eggs that are starting to look more and more like chickens.

    • 2 replies
    • 553 views
  12. _HD_
    Started by _HD_,

    Hi I have recently bought a book to help me prepare for the assessment day but it's made me more confused! The book tells me how to prepare or role plays etc but when I read through the information for candidates document I printed from my local forces website it says I will only be taking part in a conpetancy based interview, a written paper and a situational judgement test? Can someone just clarify exactly what I will be expected to do on the day of the assessment please? Thanks !

    • 10 replies
    • 685 views
  13. AaronLJStone
    Started by AaronLJStone,

    Just a quick question regarding the "compatibility" of applying for both the RFA and the Special Constabulary. Basically, i applied for the SC in January, passed the paper sift a month after, and I'm currently waiting for my Assessment Day 1 date. Would applying for the RFA bar me from attending the assessment centre? If anybody can answer this, that would be brilliant, but if not I'll get on the horn to recruitment ASAP.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 580 views
    SCChiefDurham
  14. xAbz91x
    Started by xAbz91x,

    I am aware that my vetting has now started taking place, I have had a few emails from the lady in charge of my case, and I have replied to all. I have also sent her extra emails and now haven't heard anything back....would you say this was a good or bad thing??? Also she had concerns about my credit history, as I had a small amount of debt on a store card, from years back, yet my credit rating is 909 which is a good rating....would you say I would still be ok??..I am now paying off the debt.. Thanks guys and girls

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 739 views
    Onlyme20081546081114
  15. Thomastank
    Started by Thomastank,

    I am concerned I would really like to join the specials but am worried I am not up to the numerical test of which you have to do? The force I wish to join are currently not recruiting at present,so does give me a little time to practice,I do feel I am slighly dyslexic,but has never been bad enough to hold me back with any thing. Would this stop me joining at all??

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
    InspectorJavert +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.