Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jayflood89
    Started by jayflood89,

    Hi guys, Was wondering if anyone can help, i am looking to apply onl encounter i have ever had with the police was when i was 18 (4 years ago) when i was taked to a police station under caution for swearing at a police officer and given an £80 fine. I did not spend the night in a cell and since then i have had standard and enhanced disclosures for another membership which has shown up clean. Do i have to still declare this on my application and will it effect my application. Becoming a MPSC has been something i have wanted to do for years and this is the only thing stopping me from applying so any help on this would be much appreciated thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 663 views
  2. JuDgE mEnTaL
    Started by JuDgE mEnTaL,

    Hi all, first post on here and not sure if i should have started a new thread - would hate to get it wrong right off the bat so to speak! I'm thinking i.e. would like to join the specials with a view to becoming a regular PC in the coming years but i'm unsure whether my height and build would be an incumbence to myself and more importantly my future collegues. I'm 5' 6" and average build, carrying a bit of weight (about a stone over weight) which i'm trying to lose down the gym whilst also attempting to put on a bit more muscle mass. I just wonder how many other officers are out there in the met who have a similar build to myself and how do they find the job day to day?…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1k views
  3. Gaulty17
    Started by Gaulty17,

    I attest next weekend for West Yorkshire Police after passing my exam on pre-patrol weekend just gone! I just wanted to know how do specials and regulars get on when on duty? I ask this because I heard from another special that the both don't really get on and I can't understand why. It's just one of my worries before going out on my first shift never mind trying to remember all the legislation/ sections! Josh

    • 8 replies
    • 672 views
  4. markoh74
    Started by markoh74,

    Was in the force for five years as a special, a year of this as a special sergeant, from 2005-2010. Got in even after disclosing a caution for poss of cannabis in 1992, almost twenty years ago. Never used it since and that was the first and last. Just applied for the force as a special again, same force, after leaving year and a half ago. Had my assessment and wanted to know if anyone thinks this caution will be a problem or am I worried for nothing.... help......

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 853 views
  5. petergriffin92
    Started by petergriffin92,

    Well after passing all of my checks/ tests etc i'd had a letter come through telling me that i have been put as Priority for the January Training course. I rang today to get updated as it was nearing January and felt i should have had a letter regarding Information on uniform fitting etc. I was then told that i am now on the Reserve List for January training and should be on the March Intake!! how can my status suddenly drop from Priority to Reserve?! really annoyed me i'd been looking forward to january. very poor organisation i feel.

    • 3 replies
    • 554 views
  6. IndiaTango
    Started by IndiaTango,

    Hey all, A follow up from my previous thread. Found here. I took all the helpful advice from replies from my thread and phoned South Yorkshire up and spoke to one of the supervisors. The supervisor was confused about why my interest had been declined and I should have been accepted. So do I continue with South Yorkshire Police or do you think I should wait until Decembers intake of applications for West Yorkshire Police? I'm only 17, but I turn 18 on the 27th of December, though I don't think this should be a problem as I highly doubt much of the process will be done before then. If I were to apply to WY and be declined, am I able to apply to SY, or do I have to w…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 688 views
  7. IndiaTango
    Started by IndiaTango,

    Hello all, I currently living alone in West-Yorkshire to study at one of the Sixth Forms, however in January my family will be moving up and we will be moving house. When I noticed the South Yorkshire Police were still recruiting SCs I thought it was fantastic - as a lot of bad things have happened to my family this year - and I believed things might be looking up. South Yorkshire Police are recruiting Specials specifically to Police in a few areas - Barnsley is one of them. Although I would be in West Yorkshire, Barnsley is a 10 minute drive from the house as we're close to the border. I emailed my interest and it was declined on grounds of my location. The guidelin…

    • 18 replies
    • 1.8k views
  8. Excellsior
    Started by Excellsior,

    I have an application going with a constabulary and I've nearly completed all the steps but the last one is vetting and i'm worried about it, i haven't done anything bad i've just had a few minor disciplinary's at work, is there I chance i'll get turned down for this?

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  9. nightwiz
    Started by nightwiz,

    Passed the application, pirt, interview & fitness tests got accepted and given a start date for training ( was even given my collar number) then with 3 day's to go went for medical and failed on my hearing absolutely gutted as it's something i have wanted to do for last 20 years. i have since been for hearing tests and been told that i have a 20 decibel loss of high frequency although it does not affect me in my job ( i even have to use a radio ) but for the police they must expect you to have near perfect hearing. What i want to know has anyone ever made it in with any kind of hearing loss and if so how did they go about it. Or is it best that i should give up now as…

      • Like
    • 40 replies
    • 10.8k views
  10. Oloughlin
    Started by Oloughlin,

    Hi All, I have just recently passed my assessment day, I now have to do a medical and vetting. But I am worried about the medical because I have hayfever but isn't really bad, I am also under a consultatant with my ears, as I had grommets in them when I was younger to reduce the build up of wax, the last time I had then in was 5 years ago. Can someone advice me on this, I have declared it in my medical questionnaire? Thanks, Liam

    • 6 replies
    • 682 views
  11. Stig1546081268
    Started by Stig1546081268,

    Hello all, hope someone can help me ... I am filling in the paperwork for my Day 1 assessment with the MET, one of which is the 'Outstanding Debts Form'. The final section says: Please provide the amounts of your total debt Mortgage £ Credit Card £ Loans £ Other £ 1. Does my student loan count as a debt I need to declare, even though I do not have to start paying it back yet? And if I need to declare it - should I specify it as a *Student loan somewhere on the form, rather than a traditional bank loan? 2. Does an overdraft count as a debt? If so, I'm assuming it would come under 'Other £' and again, should I specify it as an overdraft? Many thanks.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. Hopefulguy
    Started by Hopefulguy,

    Hi all, I wondered if anyone had any recent insight to recruitment within the Police at the moment.. I have had to move away for now to take another job but am considering applying as a SC and coming back for weekend with the intention of trying to join as a reg when the opportunities come up. Does anyone know what recruitment is looking like within Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, West Midlands, Staffordshire, Leicestershire??? I really want to join the specials but if I'm honest I also want to try and join the force with the most realistic ambitions of recruiting for regulars. Thanks all for anything you can share.

    • 2 replies
    • 690 views
  13. azdinco
    Started by azdinco,

    Hi all, I was interested in volunteering my skills in IT and read several articles that IT professionals were in demand as 'specialist specials' to work against eCrime. I live in London and I'm struggling to find any useful information about this or where/how to apply for such a thing? I'm certified by the BCS to chartered IT professional level, and have an active SC clearance. My day job is running my own IT consulting firm which I've done for 7 years now. Any information much appreciated Thanks in advance!

    • 2 replies
    • 736 views
  14. cswithenbank
    Started by cswithenbank,

    Hi Everyone, I've recently just passed my Day 2 and I am waiting for a date to start my training course. I initially put down that I would like to do the intensive course, however my work situation no longer allows for me to do this so I would have to change it to the weekend option. How easy is it to do this and is it possible to to Saturdays AND Sundays? Thanks, Chavala

    • 7 replies
    • 834 views
  15. jgillard1
    Started by jgillard1,

    Hi Guys, I have now completed my Application Form for Greater Manchester Police, and have now been sent for an interview they say that during this event there will be the following: Assessment Process for the day<br style="color: rgb(69, 69, 69); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="color: rgb(69, 69, 69); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">The Assessment Process comprises of the following elements:<br style="color: rgb(69, 69, 69); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br style="color: rgb(69, 69, 69); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; …

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 820 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.