Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jotas
    Started by Jotas,

    Hey guys, (Repost from a force specific board) I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding police staff assessments? I'm thinking that It can't be as difficult as special or regular AC style assessments? Maybe it's just a psychometric tests? I was not aware of this stage for police staff and I think that the position is a new role for the force as they are recruiting 20 people. Is there anyone else who has this assessment next week? Trying to work out when interviews would be and when the start date could be. Thanks for your help! Jotas

    • 0 replies
    • 433 views
  2. MrMover
    Started by MrMover,

    Hello everyone, I'm new here (first post). I have a 3 friends who are specials - one with BTP, one with Humberside and the other with Cambs. All enjoy their time in the force. I work on the railway (12 years) and back in 2006 I gave myself 2 choices for an extra career - TA or Police. I chose the TA and was trained up within 10 months (Soldier training and trade training). I have enjoyed my time so far in the army and I have also been deployed abroad (Iraq) during this time. I have been fully trained now for 4.5 years. I am considering leaving the Territorial Army next year and have really been thinking about joining the Specials (most likely South Yorkshire) as it is…

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 2k views
  3. vicky_robo
    Started by vicky_robo,

    Hi guys, Had my fitness test today and have been really worrying about it as it has been pointed out I am small and female and was expected to struggle with the push/pull element. Well...turns out that was my downfall :D I reached over level 7 on bleep (can't remember exactly what level) pushed an average of 40kg and then could only manage 33kg on the pull element. I'm so disappointed with myself. The thing is, I already work out 4/5 times I week...I do a number of outdoor bootcamps (incorporating plenty of push ups, burpees etc.) as well as boxercise, aerobics, kettlebells, Thai boxing and yoga. I thought I had a fairly good fitness level to be honest so really do…

    • 28 replies
    • 2.5k views
  4. welshscott
    Started by welshscott,

    Hello, I know that this forum is supposed to be about issues concerning Special Constables but I was just wondering if anyone had an answer for my question. I submitted my application to North Wales Police to become a Police Support Volunteer about 4 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything, no emails and no phone calls. Is this the normal procedure for recruitment? Do the CRB checks take a while? Thanks guys, I'd really appreciate it if you could reply. P.S - I'm 16 at the moment and when I turn 18 I plan to apply to become a Special Constable.

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 2.3k views
  5. gemini83
    Started by gemini83,

    Hello does anyone if im currently waiting to rejoin MET but is looking at applying for another force is that allowed two forces at once

    • 1 reply
    • 460 views
  6. JonathanC
    Started by JonathanC,

    Hi I'm 15 years old and I live in Cambridgeshire, and I've been reading these boards on-and-off for the past year or so (the what I did on duty thread being my favourite). I'm very passionate about getting into policing and becoming a police officer in the future. My questions regard exactly how I should go about achieving my goal. I'm an A-grade pupil; I'm predicted 6A*s and 4As at GCSE and am currently sitting my final exams. When I tell people I want to be a police officer, usually they're surprised - they expect me to be interested in accountancy or some other kind of boring office job where I'd be earning but not really contributing towards the greater good or get…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 1.7k views
  7. eski
    Started by eski,

    I'm moving back to my family home, my father owns and runs an off licence is that going to be a problem for any future applications i make as I understand there is a section on police application forms that asks 'do you or your spouse or any relative living with you own or run a shop or business which requires a licence (e.g. liquor, gaming, refreshment house or entertainment)?

    • 1 reply
    • 478 views
  8. ((TheShake))1546081325
    Started by ((TheShake))1546081325,

    I'm just waiting to do my Met Day 1 so I'm looking into the future. How easy is it to move from being a Special in the Met to being a Special for a different force? Also, as a Met Special, can you apply for Full Officer jobs in other forces? Obviously once you have IPS etc

    • 1 reply
    • 484 views
    Smiley Culture +
  9. DeltaFoxtrot
    Started by DeltaFoxtrot,

    As a newbie Special keen to be starting my first shift soon, I am curious as to whether there is some sort of 'PDP' or personal development plan that you can work against (eg: to get IPS status, etc...) as specials are we given guidance or do we need to be pro-active and do it ourselves? i am trying to get into the Regulars ( along with many many many others) and just wanted to see if its acheivable within certain time limits etc.... . (my apologies if this topic has already been discussed)

    • 11 replies
    • 842 views
  10. turned-around
    Started by turned-around,

    Hey all, I was thinking the other day when looking through the anti social behaviour order list and noticed a person who was banned from two specific stores in town. as a special, my day job is in one of these stores and i know for a fact this person enters regularly to shoplift. what would the procedure be, usual store policy to follow/eject or call police if caught shoplifting, or would i have responsibility to call the service center and advise? also, i realise i cannot ask the management team whether they know the person has an ASBO preventing them from entering the store, as it would be a breach of data protection, but woud they be aware of this fact themselves? Ch…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. Welshy1546081325
    Started by Welshy1546081325,

    Hey guys, just wandering if any of you could give me a little help... Applied for the specials a while ago passed everything, paper sift, fitness, assessment, interview, medical and had my drugs test about three weeks to a month ago. Not heard anything since then and noticed that other people who had gone through this at the same time had started been scheduled for the uniform fittings. So yesterday I rang HR and they said my application had been put on hold and I would receive a phone call tomorrow and also a letter sometime soon. All I got today was a message from a different lady telling me that she was passing on a message that the person I need to speak to has been…

    • 24 replies
    • 2.2k views
  12. markoh74
    Started by markoh74,

    Got my app in for Cheshire just waiting to see if I will move to the assessment. Wondered what prep I should be doing at the moment ....regards, Mark

    • 5 replies
    • 799 views
  13. muzzy1546081335
    Started by muzzy1546081335,

    I am working my way through the West Mercia Application form for SCs. I am at the question regarding Respect for Race and Diversity which starts as follows: Please give a specific example of a time when you have taken another person or people’s needs into account. Tell us about the situation and about the other person or people involved. How did you take their needs into account? What did you consider when dealing with the person or people involved? As a long term employer of over 30 people, I decided to use the example of an employee suffering from alcohol addiction whom I assisted over a long period, including obtaining and funding counselling and rehabilitation …

    • 4 replies
    • 3.5k views
    muzzy1546081335
  14. markoh74
    Started by markoh74,

    Got my app in for Cheshire and am now getting a tattoo on my forearm , which was booked in before my app. Wanted this tattoo for a good while. In my eyes it is not offensive but I can see that it may invite some question from a very small minority somewhere. It is to honour my grandad who fought in Bomber Command in the second world war. It is his name, his rank plus the squadron with which he served and its motto in Latin. At no point does it mention the afore mentioned Bomber Command, of which I did want but decided against due to wanting to re join the force. Might I also mention I have photographed and detailed other tattoos that I have out of view on my app…

    • 5 replies
    • 657 views
  15. NewhamSC
    Started by NewhamSC,

    Okay, I am a Special in the Met, and NYP are recruiting for PCSO's can I as a Special serve as a PCSO in another force?

    • 8 replies
    • 658 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.