Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bikerchick
    Started by bikerchick,

    Hi, I trawled through the forum trying to find out what the police recruitment stance was with an individual who applies with a history of depression. I was surprised that there wasn't much so have decided to add some information about my personal experience. I filled out the form for Occupational Health and answered it honestly. I submitted it to my GP who checked all the details were correct and added answers to the questions that the police needed info about. The form was sent off to the police Occupational Health dept by my GP and I waited, thinking I would be rejected outright as I have a history of depression, due to specific life events that have occurred o…

    • 2 replies
    • 2.2k views
  2. marshy
    Started by marshy,

    Hello everyone just a quick question. Im currently in the recruitment process and waiting for my medical. I was worried about passing the vetting part of my application as my brother is always in trouble with the police. I've been very open with recruitment in regards to my brother and explained that i have no contact with him and havent for over 5 years because i've disowned him. I spoke to recruitment last month and asked if i had passed the vetting yet and they told me i had passed the initial part of the vetting and that they were just waiting for the orange security form to be completed. The problem i have now is that i've just been told by my ex girlfriends mot…

    • 0 replies
    • 576 views
  3. PCW
    Started by PCW +,

    I have received my Student profile questionnaire after finishing the recruitment stages and it says, write a short pen picture about yourself, having never come across one of these before i haven't the foggiest what it is can anyone help?? PCW

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 5.5k views
  4. Fuzzy Penguin
    Started by Fuzzy Penguin,

    Well, after many phonecalls and many letters, it looks like I have reached the end of the line for now. I was initially declined at Pre-Vetting due to a caution that I received when I was 16 (14 years ago). After a few phonecalls and a lengthy letter to the head of Vetting, this decision was overturned which I was delighted about. However, my job as a Court Bailiff is now on a list which needs special permission from the Chief Constable. The recruitment lady put my case forward to the ACC of the force and I have had a letter back today confirming that my role is considered a conflict of interest, even though it is outside of the force area to which I have applied for. So …

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. Sarah_Louise
    Started by Sarah_Louise,

    Less than 2 weeks til my fitness test (they don't give you much time to prepare, do they?!) - think I'll be OK with the bleep test but am worrying that my petite frame and (quite frankly) lack of upper body strength will mean I'm useless at the dyno machine. I'm physically fit and have an active job but I've not been to the gym since the age of about 16 and I'm reluctant to register now for the sake of (less than) 2 weeks. If it'd been in a month or twos time then fair enough, but I can't see me gaining that amount of strength in such a short space of time? I'm horsey and frequently man handle horses and large dogs but still worry that because they don't have screens o…

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 8.2k views
  6. Red_one
    Started by Red_one,

    Hi, I just had an email from the vetting department wanting more info on my uncle, he's spent most of the last ten years in prison, for drug offences. I declared this on my security check stage 1 for SC with Kent. Im not close to him and don't have regular contact with him. Is this going to affect me in anyway? just want to put my mind at rest

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1k views
  7. s_c86
    Started by s_c86,

    Hi guys, Can anyone advise: Is the push pull test the same as actually pulling and pushing 35kgs at the gym? I consider myself a fairly strong female but I just attempted pushing and pulling in the seated position at the gym (had to do 39kgs) for 10 reps and it was tough. However, reading the advice section re the fitness test it seems to suggest that the average joe will be ok ...This level is not particularly onerous for the average candidate, regardless of age or gender. Is it the force that they measure or do you push the weight? I am now confused now. Advice please!

    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. Robshephard
    Started by Robshephard,

    Hi All, I have my first assessment day tomorrow, I'm papping it to be honest. Any last minute tips or nerve calmers would be very much appreciated. It's the competency based interview that I'm most worried about and just don't know what to expect. Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 739 views
  9. Wing2011
    Started by Wing2011,

    Hi guys, Back in July when I received an email asking to book my MSC training date, I was given a website at the end of the email of where I could find out more on pre-course training information and the details of the PE Kit. The website I was given was - http://www.met.polic...ining/index.htm . Since then I tried logging onto this website but it says the content requested may have changed, moved or made unavailable. Emailed the Reception team at Peel Centre where they have forwarded my email to the Logistics team but god knows how long they will take to get back to me (probably never). So I was wondering if anyone knew where this information can be found on their webs…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 975 views
  10. lewichr
    Started by lewichr,

    Hi everyone, Quick question to anyone with experience/knowledge about Met specials recruitment: a relative of mine recently failed a drug test during the Met selection. They are still very keen and now understand the error of their ways (could put it down to immaturity of youth I'd say), so my question is - will this be held against them *forever*, ie have they blown their chances completely (not just for the Met but for becoming a Special with any force), or will they be reconsidered with a 'clean slate' once the standard six month period before reapplying has passed? Any advice or experience appreciated.

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 9.2k views
  11. Swuzie
    Started by Swuzie,

    Hi  Hoping someone could help!! Can you join the MET as a SC whilst being on Blood Presure Pills? I'm not on them yet but i need to get my bp down and I'm worried that if I go on them it will effect my application. Thanks  Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 513 views
  12. staffychick
    Started by staffychick,

    Hi Im just part way filling in my application form and was wondering how much studying you need to do once you join the Specials I understand there will be training weekends but I was curious about the at home study you may have to do. Any help is much appreciated.

    • 4 replies
    • 542 views
  13. Ledgesleeper
    Started by Ledgesleeper,

    Hello, I am very interested in becoming a special but have read recently that family criminal records are checked as well as your own during the application process. This has made me slightly worried as my older brother has a reprimand for sending a malicious email a few years back, and I'm worried that it may hinder my application. My brother is now at university and only lives with me and my mother during the holidays so I have fairly little contact with him. Can someone provide me with some information on whether this may affect my future application? Many thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 943 views
  14. Currie
    Started by Currie,

    I am going to be sendin off an application for the specials next month, however I have a medical issue which I fear may be a problem, so I want to know if anyone can tell me. I have asthma and have had it since I was born, I am still prescribed inhalers in case thy are needed, but have not had a major attack or been in hospital with it since I was 7. What problems could this cause for me?

    • 6 replies
    • 905 views
  15. xxCarinaxx
    Started by xxCarinaxx,

    Greetings, I have my day 1 assessment in a month's time, someone please calm my nerves. It's what I been looking forward to for a month. Now I have my date I'm so nervous. I want to start preparing myself and, wish to go to library to pick out some books, please can someone help me which books I should pick? Also does it matter what the written sounds like though I have spelling, grammar, legibility and punctuality correctly? Regards Carina

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.