Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. alexj90
    Started by alexj90,

    I have my day 1 assessment on the 13th which is next Tuesday. Im nearly 22 with no have no criminal record, come from a good family with no convictions aswell. and am a Law student at a well known university. However i was wrongfully arrested last year over an incident i had nothing to do with. There was a stabbing in my area, long story short i was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Was arrested and detained, questioned and had my DNA taken. DNA eventually proved my innocence and i was released even received an apology from one of the officers. It was a very horrible time of my life something i hate looking back on. However i honestly stated this incident in my form…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Shawboy28
    Started by Shawboy28,

    Hi, I have read this Applicants who have been registered as bankrupt and their bankruptcy debts have been discharged (paid back in full) will only be considered after three years from discharge of the debt. Im looking to apply to be a special and have waited long time as have had few money problems but i have sorted now as went bankrupt. So now being discharged and want to apply i see you have said wait three years after discharge but other places i have checked all say as long as discharged and have certificate its ok please advise?

    • 1 reply
    • 463 views
  3. KayP
    Started by KayP,

    Hello! Just wanted to clear one thing... It's pretty weird posting this to people I don't know, but hey, I doubt you'll judge me on it. After reading a simular thread, it got me thinking, would my fathers lifestyle have an impact on whether I could become a Special Constable? Basically, I have met him like no more than twice a year since I was born, on coincidence, until I was 17, and have not seen him since. I don't speak to him, dont know where he lives (apart from hes in my county somewhere) and don't have any realtion with him. However, my gran (fathers mother) has told me the things he has done. Apparently he has been in and out of jail since he was a teenager and…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 2k views
  4. Markgats
    Started by Markgats,

    not seen my dad in probably 3-4 years maybe more. (Typical father who can't be bothered buying a christmas card) I don't think he has a criminal record except driving offences, But he was frineds with some very naughty people. Will this hinder my chances ?

    • 5 replies
    • 732 views
  5. extra-special
    Started by extra-special,

    Hi everyone Well.... the GREAT news is that I passed my interview last week (for Norfolk SC) and have been told to book a medical test with the Occupational Health Dept (allowing 5 days for my medical history form to be sent). I have a question: What should I expect in the medical test? I understand a urine sample, eyes test, hearing etc. Also - is there anything in particular I need to wear? Bring? Any advice would be very much apreciated. Thanks everyone - P.S. I'm a dudette! :D

    • 2 replies
    • 719 views
  6. petergriffin92
    Started by petergriffin92,

    Hi All, Attended my Medical on the 19/08/2011 for the Leicestershire Constabulary. I passed everything besides blood Pressure as the Nurse said it was too high. She did 3 Tests and they were as Follows: 148/64........150/79....150/77 . She Allowed me to try again at my GP as it may have been down to nerves because High blood pressure in a 19 year old is not Normal. Just wondering what is the Highest blood pressure i can have, what are the limits? My doctor said that 148/64 would be fine however the Police Nurse said it is too high!. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
  7. steven171090
    Started by steven171090,

    I am putting together a few examples of my previous experiences i have encountered, ready for my interview and I wanted to know is this is accepted as i know they are very hot on race and diversity. I wont go through it in major detail - ill just do it in points. Had to perform a gym induction to a polish member had trouble understanding english spoke to them clearly and concisely using smaller words that they found easier to understand performed demonstrations so they found it more easier to understand seemed very happy with induction - constantly smiling and saying thank you problem solved by speaking to the member, giving demonstrations throughout i learnt that sp…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
  8. JonC1546081325
    Started by JonC1546081325,

    Hi all, I've been reading the forums for a while but have never posted as all my queries have been answered thus far, however, I have just applied to join the Specials for Surrey police force and have been invited to an assessment centre in the near future. After reading through the information I was provided with it noted that there would be a type of examination on the first day of the test centre and to get onto the final assessment I would need to pass said exam. Now I might be over worrying about this or not but I do really want to get in so was wondering if anyone knows what this might cover as anyone I've asked so far isn't sure or doesn't know! I have been told …

    • 1 reply
    • 677 views
  9. markoh74
    Started by markoh74,

    When you hand in youre application and it gets to the closing date how long do you have to wait till they let you know when to attend assessment..if you pass the sift.?

    • 2 replies
    • 564 views
  10. Beat
    Started by Beat,

    Hiya everyone, Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with the recruitment process whilst in debt. I got into a bit of debt (think my total debts amount to just under £2000, perhaps less) for a variety of reasons, but mainly because of a family situation wherby I had to leave home. Just wondered what will go against me, and If I will just fail the checks and that will be it, or I'll be given a chance to explain maybe? Thanks

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 700 views
  11. Swannatron
    Started by Swannatron,

    I have seen that a lot of people here have to lower their BMI to be taken off hold. I had to do the same as well and put my knowledge of nutrition and fitness to the test. i though i would post a message i sent to someone before on my action plan to lose weight. i went from 110.7kgs and was at 33 on the BMI scale. now im 102kgs and down to 30 on the BMI scale. heres what i did: ...well in my action plan of losing weight, i got a set of scales that tell you your bmi, body fat, water percentage and muscle mass and weigh myself everyday and write down the results in a book.-i have cut out entirely fast foods, chocolate, dairy (except milk), processed food and bread. -i t…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.8k views
  12. luminoki
    Started by luminoki,

    Two family issues. One is erm, interesting, the other is, ahem, slightly more interesting Number one - i failed the regs application a few years ago on the security clearance. Reason i was told was that i couldnt pin down exactly where my dad is in the world ( he works on the rigs ) so i put "unknown, believed to be in North Africa" Reason for this is that contact with him is sketchy as some of his locations are without human contqct for months at a time. This time around i know for a fact hes in Libya, but cant get ahold of him to verify his adress. What would you do? Problem number 2. Now this is a bit delicate. A few months ago, my mums boyfriend smacked her about on…

    • 4 replies
    • 511 views
  13. entricity
    Started by entricity,

    i have spoken to the kind guys and girls at cumbria specials HR and have been advised that the assement centre overall pass mark only needs to be 55%, just thought id put this out there for anyone who might be intrested.

    • 0 replies
    • 426 views
  14. mastersmithson
    Started by mastersmithson,

    Hey all! Been a while since I was here! I was a special a while ago (over a year!) but I got quite ill with depression so I left. In that time I was 'detained' under 136 of the mental health act. Now, im all better now and I dont have any intention of joining the specials again (Im a doorman at the moment) but my dream is to join the police in about 6 or 7 years. Does anyone know if this will affect my chances of getting it? I can say ive grown and learnt things about my self because of it for sure! I did phone up Dorset, but always went through to answer phone :/ Thanks all

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Indiana Jones +
  15. markoh74
    Started by markoh74,

    Can anyone tell me how much the recruitment process has changed for specials, over the last few years, and best preperation... Came out of the specials in 2010 with cheshire after serving 5 years, the last year as a special sergeant, and a commendation to my name. Re applying to same force this month...help Realy want back in ...thanks, Mark.

    • 2 replies
    • 609 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.