Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hello all. long time lurker, first time poster. Its an excellent site, im also on a carbon copy over at Fire Service resources so im very pleased i can use this one with great ease. Im attending an open evening for Warwickshire next month. Is there anywhere i could see the questions that will be asked of me in the second part. Im the kind of person that likes to be prepared Secondly, this is the main one. To cut a long story short, i applied for the retained duty system with Warwickshire fire and rescue not long ago. My company stalled on giving me permission for secondary employment and gave me thier final answer ( it was a no, four months after i asked them ) two days …
-
Had my assessment and interview today at humberside and made the mistake of answering a question with wrong competency answer, then had to go through it all again for correct question. Guess that is that for 6 months. Feel gutted now, all that prep to make such a mistake.
-
Hello, I have my interview and assessment test on Tuesday and im getting a little worried. The sample questions seem easy enough and look like the ones I did 7 years ago (I passed then but decided against joining). Its the interview. I had an interview at work recently and was told how poorly I did when I didn't get the job, i got it anyway as my interview skills are poor but my work record is good. The problem was I forgot how good I was and what I had one in the past and in the end It comes down to the whole package even if i ace the test (I assume). I've read through the competency based questions from my application and know a couple of other answers I can…
-
Hi guys. I applied for the Met Special Constables online a few months ago and got invited to an open day in London, since then I had an e-mail telling me that I've got my Day 1 on tuesday 16th August in London. I'm really really nervous =/ I've never been this nervous in my whole entire life, as being a police officer is my dream job and it's all I've been thinking about since i was a little girl (I'm now 21) I've got my answers to the 4 core competencies that they'll ask me and I'm gonna learn them off by heart. I just wanted to know if any of you have any advise to give me? Thaaanks!
-
Hi All, After many years of thinking about it, I have decided to take the plunge and apply to become a special! Only discovered this forum today, so I think it should be very helpful. I have almost completed the initial application, but need a little bit of guidance on the questions. Which are: Q1 Why do you want to become a special constable? (Max. 100 words) Sounds straight forward enough I think Q2 How long have you been seriously thinking about becoming a special constable and what first got you interested? (Max. 100 words) Likewise, also should I mention the timeframe and also the sources I have used to learn more about this opportunity? Also mention the peo…
-
Hi All I went along to the open eve at Chelmsford HQ on friday eve, and am just filling in my application, anyone also local to Castle Point, Southend , Basildon going to apply? be great to have a buddy
-
Hi All. What is Essex police requirements for their BMI Index in the recrutiment process please?
-
I have been a pcso for 6 years, I am leaving the role so I can be a special, vetting, is it the same as vetting for pcso,same checks etc. or is it a higher level
-
- 1 reply
- 725 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys, Im currently thinking about becoming a special, Im 19 and unfortunately have 3 points on my licence from speeding, SP30. will this hinder my chances of being accepted many thanks
-
Hello, im wondering if anyone can help me on this question. I recently applied to the Met police on becoming a special constable and got my day 1 assessment date through a few weeks ago. I have now found out that Essex Police (where i live) are recruiting for Specials and would like to apply and withdraw my application with the Met. Is this possible? The reason I applied for the Met in the first place was because I really want to become a special but was told Essex would not be recruiting for quite a while (turns out this wasn't the case) and the Met were my 2nd choice in force. I feel i can give more time if i was a special in Essex.
-
Hi, my name is Alex. I'm 15 years of age and I really want to join the Police Force. My grandad was is the Police Force and eventually ended this career as a Chief Inspector. I would love to follow his footsteps. So this is my question: what do I need to do to get into the Police Force?
-
Hello everyone, Recently passed day 1, day 2 and my vetting. I've been trying to sort out my last jobs reference and one of schools references for the past 3 months. I have now missed 1-3 training sessions as my references are just not getting back to the recruitment department. 2/4 of my references have been sent. I have rang them up plenty of times asking them to send them, each time saying that they have. It's starting to become irritating now as i cannot progress without these references. I've debated going to the places and speaking in person to the people to send them but i have since got a new job and this would require me getting time off work which is hassl…
-
hello .iv got assesment this saturday for south yorkshire constabulary ,can someone give us some advice please on the interview and written tests i know you cant tell me what exactly happens but any help would be most grateful thanks in advance ...from ian
-
Hi all, I need your helpful advice on how to increase my BMI from 17.9 to above 18.. Any tips are greatly recieved and needed!!! Thanks, becky x
-
My application has been rejected due to having 12 days sickness in 3years, the lady explained due to the stage i am at even if i was too pass the next start would be January, so looked at my sickdays up to Jan and it went down to 8 and she said it would still be a no? The place i work we deal with 16/19 year olds, i go into work when i am unwell because i am dedicated and i would work through it but get sent home due to not wanting to put the young people into situations where they would get sick (unfair on them to get what i have) but this doesn't seem to have been taken into consideration? Could anyone help me? I want to appeal but don't know how to go about it! I ha…