Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. scratchfree
    Started by scratchfree,

    Anyone else just passed with GMP Specials, just received my collar num and warrant num... If anyone else in same boat PM me and ill see if ur in my training group... J

    • 0 replies
    • 505 views
  2. Andre912333
    Started by Andre912333,

    Hi there guys, Well a little about me, I'm Nathan, 20 years old living in Cambridge. - Went to sixth form, got A levels - Went straight into the Royal Marines, but unfortunately week 22 out of 32 weeks of training I got medically discharged due to shin splints ( now healed ) - Came out, started work as a gym instructor. - Now a door supervisor at a local nightclub. Looking to go back to the Royal Marines within the next couple of years. Heres my problem, i've been rejected twice! By Cambridgeshire police, I believed, although i'm only 20 years old, I have plenty of life experience. Which includes military, and security experience! So I thought this would be benefic…

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 3.2k views
    Policey_Man +
  3. Gompo
    Started by Gompo,

    I have my Aptitude tests tomorrow, I've been looking the numerical tests I have to do and I am really struggling to come to grips with them Does anyone have any advice?

    • 3 replies
    • 552 views
  4. LMAB90
    Started by LMAB90,

    Community and Customer Focus - Exactly what are they looking for in your answer? I have previously failed 2 applications on this one, and the likelihood is I will fail again - Unless, I am given some help and understanding as to what is required of me. Before anyone suggests, I have looked at the positive and negative behavioural indicators as stated within the ICF (Integrated Competency Framework), however after answering these questions and comparing to the ICF, I have fallen flat and failed... I don't want to fail a third time. I've been informed recruitment are looking for just 'an honest simple answer' - However from my experience simple situations do not suf…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 4.1k views
  5. natsdad1545925849
    Started by natsdad1545925849,

    Hi all, I start training next month and have looked everywhere for an answer. What excactly happens during attestation. It might be a daft question but just cant find it anywhwere. Thanks in advance Natsdad

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 2.7k views
    natsdad1545925849
  6. andrewmanchester
    Started by andrewmanchester,

    Hello how long does it take for them to get back to you about your application form? i sent it off about a month ago and havent had anything whatsoever yet.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 653 views
    Griffin1546081308
  7. james1001546620736
    Started by james1001546620736 * ,

    Hello , i want to apply to become a Special Constable but i am unsure if i am eligible due to my criminal record. On the file on police files I expect it looks like this. 15 year old boy (me) gets off a bus and chases a 12 or 13 year old into an alley for offensive name calling. The younger boy is assaulted by being grabbed and assaulted by 2 punches in the arm. I will not go into detail around the circumstances of that day as i know that although at the time these seems to justify my actions it does not now, i however was provoked. The boy i hit in the alley then said sorry, laughed and ran off. He then tells his Dad who is a Police Officer and plays it up. I get sus…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Just a quick question. Had to report a crime the other day and was wandering if i should contact my force. I don't think i need to as I can't remember anywhere in the application pack asking for details like that but i thought I'd better just check.

    • 3 replies
    • 448 views
  9. mac333
    Started by mac333,

    I don`t know if anyone can help me, but I have just had my medical and two out of the 5 drug tests came back positive. I am completely baffled though as I have never taken drugs in my life and haven`t been out for my drink to be spiked. The two that came back positive were Amphetamine and Benzodazepines, two of which are not common too have. I dont understand how it can come up positive when I have never used drugs. Has anyone had a similar occurence?? I am really upset for this to come back as I am completely innocent and would not have applied if I knew I was using. They have been sent off to the lab so I am now anxiously waiting even though I have nothing to hide. H…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. comfortablynumb
    Started by comfortablynumb,

    Im thinking of applying to be a special but before I go any further I need to know if I will past the application... Ive been arrested....TWICE! :D Age 17 years, Crime commited - Deception (that petty im too embarassed to say ) £15.00 fine. Conditional Discharge 12 months Age 19 Years Crime commited - Deception (was drunk and done a runner on a taxi driver) ( Fine £28. Conditional Discharge 12 months. I'm 30 years old now. Will these above offences still show on criminal record as Ive been told they clear after 10 years? A police man pulled me over the other day and performed a name check on me (i hadnt done anything wrong, it was just random) and he asked…

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 3.1k views
    Administrative Account
  11. Pandy007
    Started by Pandy007,

    Hi people, I completed my day two today and passed all the tests etc. I had to do the silly drug test which was embarrassing as I couldn't go at first! Lol That should come back clear within two weeks, but what then? I read slot about people who have picked their boroughs already? Ie someone has offered them a place already? Any help would be great :D Thanks Andy

    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
    RemovedUser18-10-21
  12. petergriffin92
    Started by petergriffin92,

    Just had my assessment, dont think it went too badly. just worried about my spelling in the written test. Anybody aware of the rough number of mistakes you're allowed?. thanks Adam

    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Potential Special
    Started by Potential Special,

    Just had a phone call today to say I failed vetting, am so confused as to why! They say that unfortunately they are unable to provide me with reasons as to why which has left me a little worried. If there is a problem with my vetting then that could still be there in 6 months when I re-apply therefore I face all the disappointment again. I had completed my medial and was under the impression I was just waiting for a training date

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 3.8k views
  14. thisisme101
    Started by thisisme101,

    Hello I had my assesment test today. During the report test even though there was a pen and pencil in front of me my mind was in such a blur that I picked up the pencil and did this part of the test with it. My qustion is will I fail the test because of this or should it be fine?

    • 4 replies
    • 688 views
  15. birdyblue
    Started by birdyblue,

    Hey, Im new to the site. It was recommended by a serving Special. I have a query regarding the Specials Recruitment, specifically previous sickness records. I submitted my first Specials application September 2009 but was declined because I was over the 3 permitted occasions by 2. I am eligible to apply again in mid-August 2011. I have been preparing my application and have noticed that it does not make any reference or mention to information on sickness. Im applying for Merseyside Force. Does anybody know if they have changed the application form? Or will they ask for this at a later date? Many thanks for any help birdyblue

    • 2 replies
    • 624 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.