Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SimonS
    Started by SimonS,

    Hey forum ! So I applied for the special constabulary Sussex police and have made it through to the assessment in slaugham on the 12/07/11 and boy am I nervous! I'm only 18 so am not filled with life experience! Or much interview experience and naturally I am "over" nervous about the whole thing ( I still get excited when I see a police car drive by!) so was just wondering if anyone had any advice on just how easy/hard it is and what I'm in for, preferably what a pass/fail rate is?! Thank you in advance, Simon.

    • 10 replies
    • 885 views
    NickB1546081301
  2. gav1334
    Started by gav1334,

    hi there, have just passed my SET's, going for my initial interview. do i need to disclose that i'm a member of a masonic lodge or can i keep that secret? i know on old application forms that you had to say if you were a member of any clubs or organisations but on new application form there was no such question.

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.5k views
  3. Hoodles
    Started by Hoodles,

    With regards to having your eyes zapped I know that the standard is 6 weeks from surgery but is that 6 weeks before you can have your medical and eye sight checked? or 6 weeks before you can start training?

    • 9 replies
    • 554 views
  4. 321phil
    Started by 321phil,

    hi im just in the process of filling out my application form for north wales police sepcials. i have a driving offence of going through a red light, £60 fine 3 points, back in april this year. Will this affect my application? cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 590 views
    boroughtrainer
  5. Sparrox
    Started by Sparrox,

    After clicking on the how to apply link it asks me to select from on of the 43 forces below......but there is nothing below. It has been like this for some time and i can find no contact number to call about this. Any help?

    • 2 replies
    • 388 views
  6. mackem1546081304
    Started by mackem1546081304,

    Hello I am mid-way through my Specials training and have a question I am hoping for some clarity over. I went into my local supermarket and used the self-scan, I missed one item and on the way out was asked for my receipt. I obliged and showed them my receipt. The security guard noted that I failed to pay for the one item. The security then took me to the stores office and issued me with a letter banning me from all their supermarkets. The security guard proceeded to say that I will receive a letter for Civil Recovery where the issue will be taken forward and will have to pay a fine for the £2.85 product that was not scanned correctly. 1. Do I need to notify anyone a…

    • 13 replies
    • 758 views
  7. Soliloquy
    Started by Soliloquy,

    I'll establish my position just so that you guys can understand my position. I'm 18, in full time education and I've never been formally employed before. I have just passed my Day 2 assessment a fortnight ago with the Met and thought I'd share my experience to help anyone who is preparing for either their Day 1 or 2 assessments. I started my application back in March sometime. I had a few enquiries back about information and promptly responded and my day one was towards the end of July so I'd imagine that the average waiting time for application to Day 1 is somewhere in the 4 months region although I've heard of quicker applications. Paperwork Quick pointer that I'd mak…

    • 29 replies
    • 3.2k views
    Administrative Account
  8. G.Retriever
    Started by G.Retriever,

    Hello, I have done some studying of PTSD and the associated stress/ anxiety/ panic that can accompany a traumatic experience. Unfortunately, two years ago I also experienced PTSD following a very near to death experience while on holiday. I was alone when it happened and didn't tell people what had happened and for 6 months I got more stressed as the repressed memory of it began to surface. Since acknowledging that it was a stressful experience and admitting to myself that I was probably suffering from PTSD i have been much better, and have been taking Peroxetine (an SSRI) to assist with the recovery. I am aware as part of the recruitment process that a medical histor…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 641 views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  9. wbajon
    Started by wbajon,

    Hi I am 19 years old and have just left college; I am applying to become a special in my area and was looking for some advice on the application form. I have filled out most of the form with ease but have come across the final 3 questions. They ask what are my Individual Achievements, Aspirations and Additional information. Now the first two are straight forward, it's the additional information I don't get it says "Please detail any skills or abilities, hobbies, sports or pastimes to which you are directly involved, which you consider relevant to this application". Is this giving me the chance to sell myself, I.e. Talk about my understanding for diversity Etc.? Or does it…

    • 3 replies
    • 529 views
  10. Gompo
    Started by Gompo,

    I've just passed the application stage and now have the assessments coming up, Should I dress as if I were attending an interview? Thanks, Gompo

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 904 views
  11. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Application form requires two referees. Must have known me for 3 years. Must be professional or other upstanding person in the community. Cannot be family, employers or police officers. At my age, early 20s, I am struggling to find obe, let alone two! Ideas?

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 2.2k views
    eves1546081206
  12. stevetauntra
    Started by stevetauntra,

    Hi, so I'm pretty new on here. I have been reading for a while but only just signed up. This is my first time applying for the specials. I have just got my letter through requesting me to attend the SET this Tuesday morning and I was hoping somebody could clear up a few details for me please. I'm applying at Strathclyde in case that makes a difference. I'm basically wanting to know, if successful with the tests do the pannel interviews take place on a seperate date or do they follow on from the tests on Tuesday. I'm wanting to know if I should spend any time preparing to be questioned or weather I can focus on the different SET question papers. cheers, I think it …

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 721 views
  13. Dazza2468
    Started by Dazza2468,

    Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes.... I have been wanting to join the police for quite a few years now. I am a 20 year old, I have slight asbergers syndrome, but I have been told I am a smart person, who can deal with almost anything. Please could someone give me some info on if I can join with the illness, I currently have? Or will I not be able to join? Thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 678 views
  14. spidey
    Started by spidey,

    Hi all, I'm in the application stage of joining Essex Police as an SC and we are required to send off our medical questionnaire with our application form (which is a pain in case for some reason we don't pass the paper sift). I went to the Doctors yesterday to be informed that a signature - not an examination - a SIGNATURE, will cost me the grand sum of £50 minimum + the individual doctors 'personal' fee which means I'll be forking out over £70. Essex Police have informed me that they only reimburse a maximum of £24, which means if for some reason I don't get in...I'll be out of pocket and have nothing to show for it. I'm not having a dig at Essex but more so my Doctor…

    • 25 replies
    • 3.2k views
  15. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Someone is currently looking down on me and smiling - After losing my place on the last intake for Cheshire (3 days before starting) I've got an appointment for the North West lung centre for my specialist referal. It's for the use of my inhalers, or more primarily the brown one I have which I really can't be arsed to pull out and scribble the name of on here as it'll make no sense to most people anyway! Has any one ever been? Either to this or another one? I would post this in the Cheshire thread, but I'm guessing takes appointments from other forces (Being the North West hosp) such as GMP, Merseyside etc... I'm just wondering what to expect.

    • 0 replies
    • 389 views
    Mr So Special

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.