Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. marshy
    Started by marshy,

    Hi all just a quick question. If i was sitting the interview and it wasnt going to well, what sighns/indications would there be? Also, if the interviewers dont ask any queations after I have given my example, is that a bad thing?

    • 19 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Hello everyone! I'm a 19-year-old male student hoping to become a special constable with Grampian Police. I do not have any previous work experience, for several reasons, therefore I have the following questions: Can I use a non-formal example of experience as an answer to a question about life experience? Will my lack of formal teamwork experience have an effect on the viability of my application? Is there anybody I can contact at Grampian Police to discuss the viability of my application? Thanks for reading. grdeano

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 3.2k views
  3. strothow
    Started by strothow,

    I'm looking to join the specials, and i am served by West Midlands police, but they are not recruiting, is there anything stopping me applying to West Mercia police force? I can't see anything saying i can't? Thanks for any help!

    • 5 replies
    • 477 views
  4. Police doll
    Started by Police doll,

    Hi Everyone! Me again haha So I'm going to go hand my vetting forms in next week. I would just like a little clarification, basically I live at home with my mum, and all the household bills are online and in her name. I own my own car, so could I use an insurance payment statement as proof of a "utility bill" ?? Could I show our council tax bill also? and will they accept photocopies?? Thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 629 views
    Ontopofahill!
  5. HopefulSpecialHumberside
    Started by HopefulSpecialHumberside * ,

    Hi, I have recently applied for a Special Constable with Humberside Police and I have passed the application form part. I now have an assessment, interview and situational judgement test next Saturday (13th August). I was wondering if there was anyone here that is a Special Constable and could help me with any hints and tips? This is not my first time applying, I applied last year and got through to the same stage, unfortionately I missed out on passing the assessment by one mark! I really do not want to make the same mistake again, so I would appreciate any tips and advice. :) Thank you Melissa :)

    • 1 reply
    • 2.8k views
  6. Police doll
    Started by Police doll,

    HI Everone! So I'm a little stuck at the moment. I have just about filled out all my vetting, financial and medical forms. There is just knowing how many sick days I have had off, I think that I'm pretty certain I know how may I have had. However, so that I am 100% about the information, I asked my Mananger if she could double check how many I have had. Her reply was that our records aren't kept on-site and that they are in storage and it will take a few weeks to get hold of them. What a farse when I plan to hand in my forms next week, Eh? My job is a beautician and all the days i have worked in the past 4 and a half years I have been there, are on the computer systems, …

    • 11 replies
    • 921 views
    Mr So Special
  7. Pokherman
    Started by Pokherman,

    Hi guy's. For the last year I have put a lot of time and energy, training, building my stamina and fitness up, making sure I have done everything that I can that I can to be good enough to join the Specials, And to fall just before the last hurdle! I passed everything, and i'm sure i would of passed the fitness test too, But I got a letter saying .. " We are sorry to let you know but we can not allow your application to proceed to become a police special because my References did not meet satisfactory levels, I'm a bit disappointed to be honest but i was wondering if there was anything i could do?? Is it worth appealing? I have been at my current employment for…

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2.1k views
  8. oliverw
    Started by oliverw,

    hi i am 16 year old student studying vehicle engineering at collage i am just wondering if there is a job for fixing police motorbikes? (not sure if im allowed on here as i am not a police man?) i would like to be an under cover police biker but i am colour blind and not very fit so i dont think i would be a very good police man haha. thank you

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 500 views
  9. Saraho
    Started by Saraho,

    I am a small built female and I have my fitness test on Friday. I have been to the gym and have no problem pulling the max weight on the rowing machine and pulling 30 kg on the pull down bar but I am unsure on what machine to push on I have used the resistance machines but am struggling. How easy is this to do on the dyno machine? Sarah

      • Like
    • 70 replies
    • 11.2k views
  10. cwmeinion
    Started by cwmeinion,

    Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could offer some advise on this. Planning and Organisation had been added to the usual 7 competencies I was expecting to prepare for the interview. I have found two versions of the positive indicators for this competency and both seem quite different. The role description is the same as are the negatives however I was wondering which ones to follow. One is from teammet.com and the other was from a Sargent exam guide I found on google. Do the assessors have a range of positive indicators to mark from as I'm worried there does not seem to be a definitive list that is common everywhere? Just wondering if anyone knows of a reliable so…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. Fingerscrossed
    Started by Fingerscrossed,

    Hi all Just wondering what everyones timeframes are when it has comes to the recruitment process as I find myself searching through forums trying to see what everybody else's is. I have applied for the Met Police, my timeline so far has been: Application sent: 23rd March 2011 Day 1 Assessment: 22nd June 2011, found out I passed on 1st July 2011 Day 2 Assessment: 13th July 2011, passed fitness/medical - awaiting vetting & references

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.7k views
  12. Gaz_1989
    Started by Gaz_1989,

    I am guessing that part of the medical is a urine test for drugs testing? If so does anyone know if they test for elevated testosterone levels? I train hard at the gym 6 times per week and take alot of sports supplements, all of these are LEGAL and purchased from a supplement shop. I take Creatine and Natural Testosterone Boosters (Gaspari Novadex XT). As said above these are LEGAL and in no way anabolic steroids (i wouldnt touch illegal drugs) but i dont want the elevated testosterone levels to be confused with steroid use. Does anyone know what the tests are testing for? And would you reccomend i knock the supplements on the head just to be safe? Thats hoping i ma…

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 3.6k views
  13. petergriffin92
    Started by petergriffin92,

    I scored N5 ub the 'Near Vision tested at 40cm's' Test, does anybody know if that is a pass? thanks

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 5.5k views
  14. themechanic
    Started by themechanic,

    Hi -- First of all I am new to the site and would just like to apologise for anything i mention incase it has been already in previous threads! My apologies! I am currently about to begin my final year at univeristy, I am 21 and really looking into joining the specials in northumbria police; with a view to applying to a regular post WHEN they begin recruitemt again. I know a couple of officers and they seem to think some police forces may begin recruitment again, possibly around the mid to late 2012....does anybody agree with this? A lot of forces haven't recruited in a long time and I was wondering if they may begin to do so again soon. Also, somebody has told me t…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. rosson1983
    Started by rosson1983,

    Hey guys and girls. This is my first post on here as a member and I have a question which has been bugging me for a while. I completed my Day 2 fitness and medical on July 12th and I had my uniform fitting on Thursday 28th July. Hopefully this means I'm pretty much in. Anyway, my question is; How do they go about placing you at a training venue? I've heard there are a few locations dotted around London that are used for training specials. My problem is that I have to commute from outside the M25 and it takes me roughly 1h 45mins to get to Hendon on a good day. Considering I've signed up for the 4 week intensive course and it's an 0800 start each day I'm slightly conce…

    • 9 replies
    • 883 views
    SheriffoftheEast

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.