Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tomvdw
    Started by tomvdw,

    Hi everyone, I did my assessment centre last week.. I did loads of preparation and work exp to ready myself for it but looking back on it (particularly my interview) I think I messed up on a couple of questions, one of them I went completely blank on and another I was part way through answering a follow up question and forgot it so had to reask. Should I be worried? Any idea how easy it is to pass? I'm currently on holiday in Majorca and finding it very difficult to stop thinking about the letter.... Tom

    • 3 replies
    • 519 views
  2. katie6605
    Started by katie6605,

    Hi guys, bear with me im quite new at this. I got told today i have been succesfull in an application for Detention Officer, great news although i have 11 days to prepare for the beep test on my fitness test, im really worried about it as i have failed befor, Any advice on how to prep efficiently in order to allow me to pass this. I cant really afford gym membership I have started to change eating habits and drink more water but what can i do phisically, i really dont want to fail as its full time and would really help

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 2.3k views
  3. Warsop19246
    Started by Warsop19246,

    Hi there, I'm new here and have just been accepted on the next induction to join the Specials. I will be attending the weekend training course that takes 11 weekends. What sort of things will we be looking at over the next few months that can be cramed into weekends? Ta

    • 3 replies
    • 731 views
  4. Londonguy
    Started by Londonguy,

    Hi everyone I am new here and was wondering if anyone could give me some help. I applied to become a Special. I passed all the stages and was then shocked to recieve a letter stating that my application was unsuccessul and that they will not let me know why. Since I passed all the stages, it must have been the vetting, as this was the final stage. However, I have never been arrested or cautioned and nor has anyone in my family. The only thing that I can put it down to is the fact that I am in debt. This debt has not een paid because I am in dispute with my bank about it. The banks have been in court over this and it is still going on, therefore I have not paid it. My…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. darcy606
    Started by darcy606,

    Hi Everyone I'm new here and I have just applied to the Met specials. I heard back, and have just booked the special Constable Support Presintaion, and i was just wanted to know roughly how long i would have to wait until day one, and also what to expect on day one, i just wnated to be as prepared as possible so that i can pass Many Thanks Darcy606

    • 6 replies
    • 746 views
  6. Gompo
    Started by Gompo,

    I passed my Interview on Wednesday I now have my interview on the 8th of September, Anyone got any advice?

    • 3 replies
    • 561 views
  7. steven171090
    Started by steven171090,

    I'm about to send of my application form for the PCSO but I'm worried that if i get accepted, are they flexible with the dates for the interview, PIRT, Fitness test etc... as i have a holiday booked for 3 weeks in october.

    • 1 reply
    • 527 views
  8. Ezekiel 25:17
    Started by Ezekiel 25:17,

    Hi all, I've passed my pirt and have now been invited to an opening evening tonight, I was told briefly about this at the pirt, that it would consist of lots of information etc regarding the role. Does anyone have any further insight into what takes place at these ?? it's for Merseyside police, many thanks in advance !

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 675 views
  9. Luke_336
    Started by Luke_336,

    Hi All, i'm applying for essex poice specials and am on the you and your family section. I live in a shared house in chelmsford with 5 people i hardly know. On the you and your family section of the application form it asks for people who i live with details as you know. I have just been gathering all the information off the people i live with in my house and two of them are refusing to give me their dates of birth. they have given me their names and where they was born and their ages but not the ful dates of birth. what do i do and will it affect my application form? its scaring me that i cant apply if i dont have these details. Luke

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 915 views
  10. Slough
    Started by Slough,

    Hi all, I'm new here. I have just been offered a role in Thames valley police PVST. I have an interview at a local hospital to be an apprentice in bushiness support for 1 month. Does any one have any tips. Do I shake the persons hand when I go in? What should I prepare for? Many thanks.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 619 views
  11. rossdavey
    Started by rossdavey,

    Well, I'm very seriously considering applying to become a SC, the problem is that I have a fairly large tattoo on the left side of my neck, it's a bold outline of a lotus flower. So does this mean because it's on my neck it's an absolute no no, or does the fact that it's just a floral design deem it inoffensive and passable? I also have a full sleeve on my right arm (nothing offensive) and a half sleeve (again, floral, nothing offensive) on my left, I know these aren't as much of an issue. V. Worried. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Cheers!

    • 9 replies
    • 948 views
  12. marshy
    Started by marshy,

    If I'm at the medical and the nurse/doctor needs more information from my doctor about my asthma, does this automatically mean I'm put on hold and moved to the next intake? Or do they give my doctor a certain amount of time to get back to them? I've already missed out on next months intake due to a high amount off applicants so will be gutted if I'm not allowed on the next one which is in February. Thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 499 views
  13. 0151karyn
    Started by 0151karyn,

    Hi all, My son has an interview in September for cadets. He really wants to join and I want to give him some good advice but truth is as a special I know whats expected but regards to the cadet interview Im at a loss. Has anyone any ideas as to whats expected and how I can help him prep? Truely grateful

    • 2 replies
    • 803 views
  14. marshy
    Started by marshy,

    Hello everyone, earlier I emailed recruitment asking if we are notified when we pass the vetting process. I recieved an email back telling me I have passed the "initial vetting process" but still waiting to hear back about the home office orange form as they dont do that form. Could someone please tell me what the "Initial Vetting Process" is and what is usually checked? Im hoping that it is both mine and my family's criminal history because i've been constantly worrying about what effect my brothers will have on my application. If i've passed despite their convictions i'll be very pleased. As far as know the orange form is just for terrorism checks and other serious th…

    • 5 replies
    • 659 views
  15. reepers13
    Started by reepers13,

    what if you apply as a regular but dont get passed the paper sift but then want to apply as a special with a different force.. is it still a 6 month wait???

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.