Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SimonS
    Started by SimonS,

    So as some of you may or may not know I recently had my assessment for Sussex Police specials, well the other day I received my letter and unfortunately I PASSED :D yay , I was shaking opening the letter, but it's all good news just got to send some medical forms off and hopefully I will be good to go!

    • 18 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. TGAM-ALEX
    Started by TGAM-ALEX,

    Hi Everyone. Sorry for this silly question I have my assessment and fitness test coming up and i just wondered how i was expected to dress for these as the information i have been given doesnt mention anything. Would it be acceptable to turn up in my everyday clothes or should i wear shirt and tie? Thanks.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 2k views
  3. Sarah_Louise
    Started by Sarah_Louise,

    I posted in the Northumbria section of the forum hoping someone might know the specific criteria for NorPol in particular but figured I'm likely to get a better overall response if I posted in the Recruitment section of the forum also. So in general, what do they consider to be reasonable extenuating circumstances? Also, I see from the NorPol website that it states you can still apply even if you are over the maximum number of sickness occurences for the previous three years as some might be discounted depending on the reasons given. What sickness can be discounted/for what reasons? I have emailed the NorPol recruitment and got an immediate response to assure me that …

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 965 views
  4. hathaway
    Started by hathaway,

    Afternoon ladies and gentlemen, I've got my interview for the Norfolk specials coming up September 12th, and obviously with all the effort I've put in so far don't want to fall at the penultimate hurdle! In terms of prep I've researched the force a bit, their chief officers, and also found a lovely PDF from the home office with all the competencies and their positive/negative indicators. a) in regards to the competencies, should I be expecting questions along the lines of "describe a situation in which you demonstrated resilience", or are there just general questions which in answer I will have the opportunity to demonstrate that I am.. competent. Or am I completely on…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 691 views
  5. Kewstu
    Started by Kewstu,

    Hi Even though I felt I had messed the interview up as people will know I PASSED

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 965 views
  6. tomvdw
    Started by tomvdw,

    Hi everyone, I did my assessment centre on the 23rd August and we were told that the last centre is on the 24th. As of that date they'll send the results out within 21 days. Just wondering from your experiences how long it actually took for you to find out?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. enzoxk
    Started by enzoxk,

    Precluded Occupations for Met Police The followingoccupations are NOT eligible for appointment as a SpecialConstable: · Servingmembers of HM Armed Forces · Magistrates · Clerks tojustices and clerks to courts · Localparking attendants · Members ofprivate security organisations (whether directors, patrons or employees including security guards anddoor supervisors)* · Neighborhoodand Street Wardens and other uniformed Patrol Wardens · PrisonCustody Officers (Prison Officers are eligible but must obtain permission fromtheir Prison Governor before applying) · TrafficWardens and School Crossing Patrols…

    • 0 replies
    • 973 views
  8. crisbs3
    Started by crisbs3,

    Hello, Firstly, apologies if this question's been asked before, but I'm struggling to find an answer..... I'm considering applying to British Transport Police to join as a Special but I don't drive. I have epilepsy. This is controlled, and I haven't had seizures for some time, so it causes no issues that should cause me to fail the application process on medical criteria, but I've never had a Driving Licence. I was wondering firstly if there is any specific requirement as part of the selection process for candidates to be able to drive a police vehicle, and secondly, is this something that I should declare on an application. I assume that it is, but I'd be grateful for …

    • 6 replies
    • 857 views
  9. Gooner14
    Started by Gooner14,

    Hi all! Im currently worried about my vetting. I have passed all my other tests and just waiting for my vetting to clear. Basically what i am worried about is that i have a Written Warning on my employment file. What had happened was that I texted an client asking if she would to go for a drink and she complained about it. So thats why i got a written warning. Do you guys think this cause me to fail my vetting?

    • 7 replies
    • 940 views
  10. Double-six
    Started by Double-six,

    Hi all, I planned to join GMP specials back in 2009 when I sent my initial application form in and received some more info back. However, due to a change in personal circumstances I didn't ever complete the application as I wasn't able to commit enough time to the force. A couple of years later and I'd still love to get signed up, and am now in a position to give enough time to the job, however my questions are: Do you have to work shifts of a certain length? I finish work at 6pm so would have to start after this time. and Regular weekends are likely to be a problem due to my other commitments so is it likely to be ok for me to make my hours up during the week? I kn…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. 06jpearc
    Started by 06jpearc,

    Have sent of my application for TVP. But I need to loose weight before fitness/medical I'm 23, 5ft11 and 18 stone. Does anyone have any tips for losing weight fast?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. themechanic
    Started by themechanic,

    Hi all-- I have just been informed that I have a fitness test coming up. I was just wondering what sort of things to expect etc...? Is it extremely difficult, I have heard mixed reports about it. Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks, John.

    • 4 replies
    • 564 views
  13. blinket
    Started by blinket,

    Part of this is force specific but part can be considered recruitment orrientated so mods may wish to move this. Firstly i have been accepted for the september intake, i have found out my attestation is the sunday of my Mod 2 weekend, but what i don't know is when do i get issued my kit and also after i have been attested there is still a first aid weekend to do but can i go out on my first shift before i have completed the first aid day? The second question is i have recently found out about the PLC (Police Law and Community) course, and im wondering how beneficial this would be for helping with an application to the regulars when they begin recruiting? Bearing …

    • 2 replies
    • 560 views
  14. gemini83
    Started by gemini83,

    Hello Again Does anyone know where i can get some top tips and info on Interviews got a interview coming up in September for the MET and i failed last time. Its different from the last time i did my application 2008 so i froze when i was asked these questions.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 862 views
  15. Nim
    Started by Nim,

    Surrey Police and Wiltshire Police are now recruiting for PCSOs

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Grissom1546080892 +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.