Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Sounds good, maybe you could include some problems you had along the way and explain how you resolved it. For obvious reasons nobody on this forum can say if it is right or wrong, as only you can decide if you have put enough information in the answer. I have a feeling this thread will be locked or deleted or the post will be removed for obvious reasons!
-
Folks, I appreciate that there may be a 'get tough' approach or 'black and white' answers, but I am just after a perspective that will allow me to assess whether it will be worth putting an application into the Metropolitan Police Specials Recruitment in the future. In August 2009 - I attended a New Constable recruitment event and made an application to join the Met Police. Received a response asking me to attend Hendon for an Assessment (however, in the same week there was atragic death in my family) and I had to fly abroad and 'withdrew my application' with a Phone Call to Recruitment. As New Officer Recruitment is on hold, I thought that the Special's would be a life…
-
Hi guys. This has happened all so fast for me! I sent off my application on the 24th May, got an invitation to attend a presentation day in London, 6 days later I recieved an e-mail saying that I had my assessment day 1. I went for that on the 16th August (I was SO nervous it was unreal!!! and I was adament that I'd failed because the interview went terribly) but I got an e-mail while I was at work yesterday (only 3 days after the day 1) and I'd passed! =D =D yaaay! So I have the day 2 in about 2 weeks time, but I'm just confused and wondering does this mean that I've passed the vetting process already? Or should I still hold my breath that I might fail the vetting in th…
-
Hi All, I'd very much like to become a Special with the Cheshire Constabulary, and have really enjoyed reading some of the experiences on these forums (thanks!). I have registered to attend a Special recruitment seminar next week and I just wondered if anyone here could answer a few questions I have please? - Do other police forces hold these recruitment seminars, and if so, what should I expect? After reading many threads here, it looks like a lot of people have applied simply by completing an online form and waiting for an invitation to interview. I'm looking forward to the seminar to get the opportunity to listen to people who have "been there, done that", and also h…
-
Quick question, what are people’s views on putting on their CV/job applications that they’re a special? As I’m not sure whether to do or not? Thanks
-
Hi everyone I have been addicted to all your topics, comments & discussions since I applied to be a Special on July 20th, everyday I check my emails & finally today I found out that I have my day 1 assessment on 12th October whoop whoop I'm so excited I feel I belong here lol so hi everyone.
-
Will be hopefully joining the Brent borough. Have a few questions: Is it possible to choose the hours I can work? Or am i given specific hours? Also, i believe 16 hours a month is the minimum required? Am i able to choose how to spread it out?, for example could i do 8 hours on a monday then another 8 hours on a tuesday? Thanks in advance guys.
-
Just thought I would say hello as I have just registered on the Forum. It has been very helpful so far with regard to me persuing becoming a Special. I initially wanted to become a regular however, when I applied at the last time of recruiting, I was off work for an extended period due to some pretty serious surgery and the timescale was longer than they would accept. I am now back to full health and obviously no Police Forces are recruiting regulars at the moment. The problem I have is that my current day job (County Court Bailiff) is, as I understand it, on the list on this site that isn't automatically excluded but would require special permission from the Chief Consta…
-
Hello everyone, This is my second time applying for the Hertfordshire Constabulary as a PCSO. I would just like some advise as although the previous application i sent was successful, i was unable to make the interview due to an emergency (family medical problems). Because of the seriousness of the matter, i was unable to cancel my interview before-hand. I did contact them after the interview stating the situation i had been in and they said that they would let it slide this time but if it happened again they would refuse my application. Will this in anyway affect this application? Thanks
-
As above really, is it possible to be a PCSO and a special constable? Will
-
Hi - am a recent applicant, and not too worried about fitness levels etc cos I can work on that and improve ; don't understand what all the figures mean tho' for eyesight. I wear glasses for reading small print etc ( I'm of a certain age, where you need very long arms to see cooking instructions on food!) but my ordinary vision and long distance is fine. Do I need to worry? Thanks....
-
H iAll, I'm new to this site and I've been browsing all the forums on here which has provided me with some excellent advice and tips on each stage of the recruitment. I have an open evening place at Essex Police College for the Essex Specials tomorrow evening and will be looking to get an application form. Can anyone give advice on the different stages of the recruitment process please? Particularly the interviews and fitness tests stages please. I feel confident at the application form as I have many examples of the competency questions already written down and prepared. It's just the stages following, if I'm lucky enough to pass. Regarding the fitness tests I'm not …
-
Hello all Well I passed my day 1 with flying colours and the refs checked out too, etc however I have been told they cant continue because of my tattoo. I have a grim reaper on my back that holds an m16, lol i know not the best tattoo but i enjoy a certain tv show on Fox... Anyway if I was to black it over would they be able to continue the process. Problem is the tattoo means very little to me but the application and career path mean a lot. Thanks!
-
I've put together this diary to help all those thinking of joining, hopefully it should help! My life as a special started when I was at university, at the time I was studying Public Services. A friend who is now also a special was applying and kept telling me to apply as he thought I'd be good for the job. So without giving it any thought I applied, once I'd hit send that was it, I felt a stone sink to my stomach. Around two months later I received an email from a police email address, at first I wondered what I'd done but it turned out to be a recruitment officer telling me that I'd passed the paper sift. The email warned me that the real application wou…
-
Hi after working in the transport industry driving trucks for the past 15 or so years I feel a big change is needed and I am giving serious thought to trying to become a Special and the longer term if successful a regular PC I am in the Cleveland area and I know that times are hard in the force at the moment with all the cuts but are there likely to be any recruitment drives in the near future? The other question is about the selection process I feel that I have the right kind of life skills and fitness but I must admit I lack self confidence a little would this mean I would be knocked back straight away or something that would be improved on if other things were in my f…