Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    anyone know a site or got hold of any ANY at all pass papers or practice papers ? cheers mike

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. Creep
    Started by Creep,

    Hi there I was just wondering if someone could help me with regards to the specials recruitment process. I was wondering, is the acessment centre for specials, is exactly the same as that for a regular police officer? The reason i ask is that ive just applied to be a special constable with NYP, and ive been trawling through my books 'How to pass the police selection system' and 'How to pass the police recruitment tests' aswell as ordering my How2Become dvd and reading through force related posts and in this section ( i applied back when i was 18 and failed so im trying to get as much info this time ) And the books refer to the core competency roleplays, however when i…

    • 5 replies
    • 614 views
  3. simo84
    Started by simo84,

    Hi Went for my medical in June and the medical results came up as high blood pressure. The nurse told me I should go to my GP to have it looked at so I did. It was high again when I seen him and he said to go and get one of those monitors from the pharmacy for about £20-30 and monitor my own blood pressure at home and my BP is perfectly fine at home yet as soon as I step in the nurses office or the doctors office is shows high again! Does anyone else have this stupid problem or is it just me? I'm 26 years old, go the gym, dont drink, dont smoke, eat healthy food, pretty much maxxed out on the things I can do right.

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.8k views
  4. DeltaFoxtrot
    Started by DeltaFoxtrot,

    I just noticed that South Australia were opening transfer opportunities for British Cops.................? Recruitment pages for English speaking 'overseas' & Commonwealth Police forces: Jersey = http://www.jersey.po...ceOfficers.aspx Guernsey = http://www.guernsey....on/recruitment/ Gibraltar = http://www.gibraltar...ibraltar-police Falklands = http://www.falklands....fk/Police.html Australia NSW (New South Wales) = http://www.police.ns....au/recruitment NT (Northern territory) = http://www.pfes.nt.gov.au/Careers.aspx SA (South Australia) = Recruiting!!! http://www.achievemo...applicants.html AFP (Federal Police) = http://www.afp.gov.au/jobs.aspx QLD (Q…

    • 9 replies
    • 2.1k views
  5. EmPadge
    Started by EmPadge,

    Hiya guys, after a few hours of internet trawling I've found this brilliant website! I'm 19, I live at home and go to university down the road. I've just completed my application form for Avon & Somerset Specials, just waiting to photocopy it and send it off. I've been reading up on the processes and looking at info on PIRT, interviews and medicals, all of which has been really helpful and somewhat reassuring! I eventually would like to join the Police Service but in the mean time I'd like to finish my degree so that's why I'm hoping to join the Specials, as I can get lots of experience and I can fully decide whether it's the full time career choice for me. I'm…

      • Like
    • 85 replies
    • 5.8k views
    Rorschach1546081239
  6. New Shirt
    Started by New Shirt,

    A friend who is applying to be a Special Constable was arrested for bicycle theft when he was 14 (some 18 years ago). He got a caution and his parents were told that there would be no record of it when he was 17 (which seems a bit of an odd age). Anyway, the question is should he declare this on the application? Would it show up on the security check? The form says if "an omission of any relevant information will disqualify you from joining". To make matters worse he was banned for Drink Driving nearly 14yrs ago (only just over receiving the minimum ban). He will obviously declare the DD but is unsure about the bike incident in his youth. By declaring this if unnecess…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1k views
  7. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    hi all just a question probaly a silly one but none the less here it is ......for the PIRT and interview i have smart pants, shoes shirt and tie but do i need a blazer ? i want to give off the best impression possilbe i havnt got money to be shelling out on a blazer if i dont have to so my question is ...is this enough ??? cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 723 views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  8. Marinebillie1918
    Started by Marinebillie1918,

    i would like to know if anyone can help me i am to take the PIRT in just over 2 weeks what should i be looking into e.g. maths questions also the written test do they ask you to write about anything or make you write a letter about a certain subject?. Also The interview the same as the regulars? any help would be great cheers mike

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 572 views
  9. alexj90
    Started by alexj90,

    Came across a thread a while back but cant find it someone stated a good book to buy on amazon that helps for the day 1 interview and assessment. Any suggestions? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 837 views
  10. petergriffin92
    Started by petergriffin92,

    Hi all. Just filling out my Security forms and on some of the forms it mentions 'Student officer' rather than Special Constable yet sometimes it says Special Constable. Just wondering is there any differance or Is Student officer just another name for a Special Constable undergoing training stage?. Thanks guys

    • 5 replies
    • 850 views
  11. x024684427
    Started by x024684427,

    Hi, my interview is almost at hand. Im 99% sure that im going to be asked about dealing with past events relating to Diversity (And showing respect). Even though i have been involved in incidents relating to Diversity (Including dealing with racist abuse), I was wondering what exactly they were getting at? That i take action against forms of 'Anti-Diversity' behaviour? Or that i show respect for all Races? If its a mix of both, Would it be worth mentioning that my Mother is mixed race (I am white)? (And hence common sense would dictate that i am ''tolerent'' or whatever these new words for being normal is these days. (In the sense that being against other races is not …

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 24.4k views
  12. Excellsior
    Started by Excellsior,

    I recently took part in a fitness and firearms test for the CNC (about a month ago and passed) ans was wondering if anyone else who did it has been contacted yet about a medical and vetting date. I called them yesterday and they said they were very busing sorting out october/novembers intake however I thought that I was meant to be on that intake. Anybody got any ideas whats going on and if they know when the next intake may be?

    • 3 replies
    • 770 views
    laura231546081285
  13. jonnym
    Started by jonnym,

    https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?owner=5033798&ownertype=fair&jcode=1206901&posting_code=156&language= Come and join one of the best forces in the UK!!!! Applications by 26 September 2011.

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.8k views
  14. BenedictSkipper
    Started by BenedictSkipper,

    Hello I turn 18 in June next year (2012) and hope to become a special. Does anyone know if you can apply at the age of 17? Thanks, Ben

    • 10 replies
    • 794 views
    Referee1546081097
  15. alexj90
    Started by alexj90,

    Have my day 1 assessment tomorrow. Any tips and advice guys? i mean for the interview in particular. i would be grateful! thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.