Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi All, What is the timescale for the Met police? I completed an online application about a week ago? I am a teacher, 39, TA infantry soldier and I am looking to join. I completed an application about 2 years ago and got through the paper sift and was invited for my PIRT but due to work transfer I had to withdraw. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards JoeL
-
I can't seem to find anything definite about this but I've just read that thames valley police don't require special constables to do a fitness test i was wondering if this was the same for all forces?
-
Hi All, Just got my e-mail confirming my Day 1 date as the 14th of November. There is absolutely no way I can make this date as we have a very important department meeting, and attendance is a must! What are the guys in HR like if I ask request to change my dates? Thanks,
-
Hi, My name is Chris and I have applied to become a Special. I have sent off my application today but I am worried about one section. I had to write down about my mums brother (i know he is my uncle but he is dead to me in several ways) who has been in care of HM for 8 years. He was released around 2 years ago but when i rang up to ask my mum when he went in etc she said there is something else you should know. He was at court last week and pleaded guilty and is being registered on the sex offender list. Basically his first charge all those years ago was for money laundering and fraud. He was deported from the US for it. It was for a sum around £2 - £3 million, and now…
-
Hi all i'm new here, not sure if im really in the right place but if anyone could maybe direct me to where i need to be would much be appreciated. I know this is for specials and people wanting to become that, but im more interested in the dog handling/training side of it as i have owned and bred GSD for the last 15 years and would love to work with them in this type of enviroment. If anyone could point me in the right direction or offer any advice at all would be brilliant. Thanks in advance Christie
-
Hi Everyone. I am currently considering applying to join the Specials in Lancashire and understand there is no upper age limit. I have just turned 48 -have been at home bringing up children for the last 15 years but am a qualified nurse. I am just wondering if realistically the police would be interested in someone my age when they probably have many younger people applying. Im in pretty good health-walk approx 3-4 hours a day,have a lot of life experience,but will definitely have to work on my fitness to be up to the standard required. Has anyone successfully applied at a maturer age ? Am I at a real disadvantage against the twenty somethings or should I just go fo…
-
Hi there i have got an interview for the specials in Jun 10 at bourneville west midlands but i was wondering how long is the interview , how many people will there be in the panel and what types of questions will they ask. Will the questions be more about your experiences or what would you do in this situation types of questions. What criteria do the questions cover e.g. race, age, discrimination etc
-
-
- 36 replies
- 5.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey guys this is not regarding me, i was a police cadet for years at Bexley Heath in Kent, i did apply for the police force but stupidly the night i passed my interview i went out celebrating i got drunk and was arrested and was cautioned so due to that i was then told no, which i totally understand. Sense then i have had a complete mental break down and there would be no way i would be accepted now on health grounds i would imagine, never been a risk to anyone else only my self, but cant see me ever being accepted due to it. My best friend recently was accepted into the specials at Sussex he passed his interview and even had a letter saying he had been accepted and was …
-
hello everyone my name is Mathew i have passed my medical screening, fitness and all my other test's and i am still waiting for a Letter/Phone call to let me know when i need to go to be fitted for my uniform. i have applied in the Nottinghamshire area and i am really looking forward to starting my training. it was Monday 22nd Aug 2011 when i passed my final test and i am just wondering how long it takes for them to let me know what happens next. Thanks for any Information you may have. Mathew.
-
I've recently submitted an application for GMP specials, and on it I put details of a fixed penalty I recieved in 2009 for a number plate that was too small. I put down the offence (Registration Mark Not Conforming) with the date and the reference number off the FPN. I thought it was better to put it down and than to have recruitment find out themselves, and as it was only a non-endorsable £60 fixed penalty, I didn't think it'd be a problem. I've just recieved a phone call asking about it (they weren't sure what it was) and now I'm getting worried. I can't imagine it will be a problem, but when people start using words like conviction I get a bit scared So has anyone …
-
Hi All, I'm a 16 year old teenager thinking about his future career. I'm not your typical stereotype teenager which loves alcohol, drugs, and sex. I'm more of a mature and intelligent teenager who wants to take the right path in life and I'm thinking of my future early. Since the age of ten I've always had thoughts of my future career, but mostly they have been within the IT industry. It's only since I've become 15 (more specifically after work experience) that I'm having very serious thoughts of my future. While I'm generally an IT guy, since work experience I've changed my thoughts to the security industry. Since discovering just after this work experience that the …
-
Hey Guys, I'm currently a Special in the Met but may have to transfer down to Hampshire. Does anyone know if this is possible or will I have to go through the entire recruitment process again? Any help would be greatly appreicated. Mike
-
Good Afternoon. I am attending the Hertfordshire PCSO Assessment Centre this coming Monday and am advised I will undertake the following tests: Verbal Logical Reasoning Test Numerical Reasoning Test Verbal Usage Test Checking Test I completed an Assessment day back in 2009 for the Communication Officer Role, however failed the Assessment centre. I don't want to fail again so I have been completing practice Verbal logical and Numerical test online and am finding these very difficult. I want to be as prepared as I can be however the difficulty I am experiencing with these tests is getting me down I consider myself a fairly bright person, and have found the verbal…
-
just applying to GMP. i'm 18 and i really don't know what to put for diversity and planning i have been involved in....
-
hi, i am soon to take my PIRT and then hopefully interview with merseyside and then start the progress of vetting now i am have a problem if anyone can help of give advice. i put on my application my recent job for a healthfoods company as role of manager which is right, but since submiting my aplication the bussiness status has changed we have had a set back now due to more product range ,delayin stock arriving and wont be going live until a few mounths later forcing me to go on the dole to look for work until the web site and such goes live as we are a starter bussiness. will this effect me during vetting as they will see i have been claiming dole but i say i have a jo…