Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. merseysconkarl
    Started by merseysconkarl,

    Hi guys, New to the forum, but got my assesement for Merseyside tomorrow evening. Was hoping that some body on the forum could let me know what to expect. (Types of maths and english questions that will be asked of me). Thanks very much, Karl.

    • 1 reply
    • 396 views
  2. whisper2011
    Started by whisper2011,

    I have applied for Lancashire Specials...I have been given a start date of January 2012 as i need to prove i will have no more sickdays from now until December when they re-assess my sickness What will happen then in December? I understand every force is different i am just trying to get an idea in my head of what is going to happen Will i have my uniform fitted before my training or after? MODS - i am writing in here for general help as Lancashire specific forum is literally dead

    • 0 replies
    • 391 views
  3. gallaghb
    Started by gallaghb,

    Hi All I'm thinking of applying to be a special for the met. Have read lots of posts on here over last few days and just have a query of my own. There are a few things I am just wondering whether I need to declare on my application form or not... 2002/2003 - I was a teenager at school, myself and a group of friends. Were walking along road, police obviously thought we were up to no good and they pulled over. We were searched and names taken. One of my friends had a bottle of spray paint on him - so he clearly was up to no good! But no action taken other than it was confiscated and we were told to go on our way. October 2006 - Car accident, I was the only person involve…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. ja-da
    Started by ja-da,

    Hi guys, I am a 4th year forensic student, who, after university is thinking of applying to the police force. One problem? The vetting. My father to put this polite, is first and foremost a regular visitor in the cells on a regular basis! To put it politely, my father, hasn't really been in my life since growing up or even now as an adult and I've worked freeking hard to get to where I am and achieve all I have achieved yet I hear his ways could prevent me, from getting a job I'd really like to do. I understand the reasons behind the vetting procedure but am I the only one who thinks this is fair? As I say I understand the reasoning behind the vetting. I ask whats the ch…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
  5. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    I know this has been discussed on various levels in the past but is it better to join a home office force or a specialized force like the CNC / BTP? I hear morale is low in home office forces, and there isn't much support, Then I hear the CNC is boring and just a glorified security post- (I personally don't believe this for a minute) I've also heard lots of officers are transfering into the CNC as they have had enough of home office life. Any thoughts...... Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. Kewstu
    Started by Kewstu,

    Humberside Police - Training starts on October 22nd 2011, feel like framing the letter lol :-) 2 weeks to go, going hit the gym harder now for next 2 weeks :-)

    • 10 replies
    • 824 views
    Prae1546081277
  7. Frankieboy
    Started by Frankieboy,

    Hi guys First post go easy! Just applied To strathclyde a few days ago and got a letter from them confirming receipt. Just a couple questions I'm 20 years old and stupidly left school without sitting my GCSE's since then I've had a few job's here and there, I worked for royal mail for 2 months over xmas then in a mobile phone store for a couple of months. had a bit of a lull in employment until I got a job working the doors and site's with my mate's company who put me through my sia badge and I then went on to work in retail security at primark until august overall worked in security for just under two years. I have been unemployed since. Dose anyone know if being un…

    • 5 replies
    • 495 views
  8. SC James
    Started by SC James,

    I applied to TVP regulars when they had a recuitment window around March 2009. I passed Papersift, and then passed the assessment centre in March 2010. Not long after that, application was on hold, due to funding issues etc... I expected the worst really. Yesterday - received an email - They are now in a position to progress my application and get me on an intake not long after the spring / early summer of 2012... and I have a fitness test at Sully at the end of this month.. Me, happy? I will be very sad to leave, after 3 years as a Special though

    • 9 replies
    • 793 views
  9. tim linzinger
    Started by tim linzinger,

    Well after all the tattoo issues I had, I start my training tomorrow. VERY nervous but also quite excited. Only prob I have is the fact that I ride a motorbike so will I need to get a lift in from the GF on the first day due to the bits I may or may not be bringing home? PS its a sports bike so storage space is a non starter Thanks all

    • 4 replies
    • 484 views
  10. gmb27

    Hi folks, I realise it isnt relating to specials per se, however from past experience this forum seems to get wind of things before they appear anywhere else. Does anybody know of any Forces currently or about to open for transferees? Or new starts for that matter?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.7k views
  11. jules19
    Started by jules19,

    Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I was just looking for some advice. I'm thinking about joining the Police Specials after university but I don't know if I have what it takes to cope with the job. I'm a 20 year old woman. I study History at university and am just starting my second year. I also work part-time at my local library and have done for 3 years now. I am also going to train with St Johns Ambulance this year and voluteer at events as a first aider. I want to join the police specials because I want to do something fufilling and try to make a practical difference to the community. However, I am 5'5' and weigh about 9st and at the moment would feel intimidated deal…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.9k views
  12. SimonS
    Started by SimonS,

    Ok, so I recently passed my assessment, sent off my medical and vetting form and got invited to the training dates in january, but today I received a letter saying, that I was unfortunately not aloud to continue my application AND I was not aloud to re apply to sussex police, any ideas why?

    • 17 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Joe2
    Started by Joe2,

    Hi, About 4 years ago when I was 14, I was hanging around with the wrong group of 'mates' and we took a BB gun round to our local homebase car park (about 100 metres from our house) and started shooting each other with it, pretending as if we were paintballing but with a bb gun. However, I ended up getting arrested and received a reprimand for carrying an immitation firearm in a public place, of which I am very embarrassed about now and was at the time as well. Would this affect my chances of successfully applying for the police specials? Thanks.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 864 views
  14. staffychick
    Started by staffychick,

    Hi Everyone. Ive posted a couple of times already but just wanted to ask your advice again I do have to work on my fitness as although I walk dogs 3-4 hours every day I couldnt run any distance just now. I cant decide if I should send of an application form first and see if I get through a paper sift or whether to work on my fitness levels first and then apply. I can understand from a few posts Ive read already that prep is the key to the fitness assessment but that if the application process is fairly lengthy I may have a chance to get there anyway. I know the process varies from force to force but just would appreciate some general concensus as to what you did …

    • 4 replies
    • 472 views
  15. staffychick
    Started by staffychick,

    Good morning everyone. Following on from my initial post yesterday and thanks to everyone who responded, I just have another query which is worrying me. My Dad was a bit of an idiot when younger and I know he was convicted of theft -once for nicking some lead off a roof and once for nicking a leg of lamb from a local shop. These two offences were around 30-40 years ago now. Will this completely scupper my chances of getting in the Specials -i will be absolutely gutted if thats the case. Thanks for any replies.

    • 12 replies
    • 922 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.