Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. extra-special
    Started by extra-special,

    Hello everyone and thank you for reading my message - any answers to my question would be very much appreciated! I was wondering: 1) If you fail the medical examination - are you allowed to try it again? Or would you need to go from the beginning process and apply again? 2) What happens if you (has anyone ever) failed to have be put through to the medical because of their questionnaire? e.g. you have a condition that they feel limits your capacity to be a Special Constable so you do not make the medical exam? Sorry forall the questions - I have passed my interviews and requested to book an appointment with the OCC Health team.... I have given them 5 days and phoned …

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 8.4k views
  2. MRF@1972
    Started by MRF@1972,

    Hi all does anybody know who is recruiting at the minute or will be this year? I know CNC and Lothian and Borders are.. thanks

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Mike Bravo
    Started by Mike Bravo,

    Hi, I've wanted to join the police for many years - originally I was going to wait until after university, but the riots have inspired me to sign up as a Special while I study. I currently live in Buckinghamshire, and I start at university in Surrey (Guildford) next week. I'm having some problems trying to decide which force to apply to. Thames Valley is my home force, Surrey is the force where I'll be living during term time, the Met is the easiest to get to from both Surrey and Bucks, and I'm also considering BTP. Ideally I'd like a force where i can begin training relatively quickly (does this rule out the Met?). Obviously living in a different county for 3 months…

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. london 1987
    Started by london 1987,

    Hello ppl just wondering has any one that has done or is on the PLC course used the ESA website if so can you tell me if it was any help regarding the finial exam Thank you

    • 8 replies
    • 981 views
  5. New Shirt
    Started by New Shirt,

    Dear all, I am looking to fulfil my ambition of becoming a Special. I could really do with some freindly advice about a descision I have to make. I live in Kent and my first thought would have been to join the Kent Force as its the most local, however I have recently been thinking there may be more opportunities in the Met with the Olympics etc. If I ever wanted to think about applying to the regulars would the Met give me more scope to do this in your opinion? Also, I hear some forces have a minimum service period before an application to the regulars will be accpeted. Is this true of the met or Kent ? Thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 746 views
    RomeoAlphaWhiskey
  6. steven171090
    Started by steven171090,

    I've just been shortlisted which I am overly happy about but I have a holiday in October for 3 weeks. Are they likely to put me on hold until I get back?

    • 3 replies
    • 638 views
  7. oscar_morrell
    Started by oscar_morrell,

    Hi everyone! I've tried looking for any advice on how to prepare for the written tests in Surrey, but haven't been able to find anything very specific.. Has anyone applied to be a special constable in Surrey here? If so, what were your experiences of the written test? I'm told in the letter it will be 20 minutes long, followed by an introductory video by a senior officer. It's on the 3rd October, witht he assesement day and fitness test on the 23rd, results permitting :lol: Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  8. Loaf1546620690
    Started by Loaf1546620690,

    hello once again! i will very soon be given the opportunity to apply to four different forces as a special as part of a university course, these forces are: greater machester police lancashire police british transport police west yorkshire police i have been told by lecturers that some of these forces are more stringent in their application process, some are tougher on people with records etc, etc. i was wondering if anyone here has any experience with these services, and if anyone would be willing to share any advice or cautions. i dont see any reason any of these services would reject my application, but i would like to get into a service that will giv…

    • 1 reply
    • 645 views
  9. UmBongo
    Started by UmBongo,

    Got 'the call' a few weeks back saying I had failed vetting. I requested more info and it transpires I have had 'numerous police contact' and a defaulted account. I think the crux of the matter is I did not disclose the police contact - not on purpose! I have been in a daze ever since that my integrity has been called into question. I have written a letter to explain a little (basically when I was young I was with a really abusive partner but was too naive and brainwashed to realise! This made me jumpy later on and I called the police out twice later on for nothing really) and that I really did not know I had to put it on my application I then had a really tough time wi…

    • 4 replies
    • 2k views
  10. alexj90
    Started by alexj90,

    on the security questionnaire i was given to fill out along with additional forms to bring in for day 1, there is no question regarding being arrested before? as i would of liked to voluntarily state this incident on my form, i just dont know where? do you think i should write it in the 'continuation of answers' section which is on the final page? its just a blank page for more information.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 710 views
  11. s_c86
    Started by s_c86,

    Hi, I understand that there are 7 key competencies (thank you to the member who put up the negative and positive indicators), however, I have noticed on here a couple of people saying that they have been informed, prior to their interview, of which four competencies were going to be specifically examined in the interview. I wondered whether this was the case for Met Specials? Any information would be useful. Thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 687 views
  12. claremont guy 24
    Started by claremont guy 24,

    I had my assessment for the Specials last saturday, I don't feel confident especially in my interview, I was prompt a few times but I was unable to speak for the whole 5 mins; I was asked if I would like to move on. However,I think the written and situational judgement test went ok, I just about managed to answer all 50 questions with only a few seconds to go, I don't know if there is a minimum pass mark for the written test like in the regs or how they arrive at the final results, I'm not even sure what the overall pass mark is. I did my best on the day, if I haven't made it on this occasion I will most definitely re - apply in 6 months time.

    • 2 replies
    • 628 views
  13. walkthebeat
    Started by walkthebeat,

    Hi there everyone Hope you're all doing well, just thought I would post a topic to say that I have my final 121 interview next week to become a Special Constable within the Avon and Somerset region, hopefully Bristol. Has anyone got any advice on the interview as I'm really nervous and don't really know what to expect, I have heard through the grapevine that the interview is recorded and that time is a big factor within the interview as you have 5mins per question, I am studying the core competencies and trying to use examples within my work history in which I can relate to, just want to be as prepared and organised as I can. I want the role so much!!.....has anyone els…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.8k views
  14. steven171090
    Started by steven171090,

    I am writing up some examples for both 'effective communication' and 'Community and customer focus' for the interview but every example I seem to be coming up with looks like it could be used for both? What's the difference between the two core competencies?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. Patch1546081326
    Started by Patch1546081326,

    Hello just a quick question I have failed my interview due to my dictation test and I have been advised to take a dyslexia test now I'm aware that TVP assist you but is there any point as I will have to pay out my own pocket to get it and will this change the test I have to do. I'm just a bit lost as you could probably guess and I can't really afford the test a bit of advice would be great Many thanks Chris

    • 5 replies
    • 766 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.