Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ada63m
    Started by ada63m,

    Hello all, I'm sure you have heard about failed applications on numerous occasions, so I appologise now ME: I'm 25 years old, work within aviation and have 2 young boys with my partner :D I have recently applied to become a Special with Hertfordshire Constabulary, but have just received an email confirming I have failed. This is what they wrote:- quote:- ''Thank you for your application for the above post. I regret to inform you that you were not short listed on this occasion as you have not successfully evidenced the competencies required for the role''. I have emailed recruitment for a breakdown of my score so I can revaluate my application for next time. I assu…

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Administrative Account
  2. moleo23
    Started by moleo23,

    Right, the reason I'm posting on here is because recently (last couple of months) I've had an urge to join the police! Now, I realise the force isn't recruiting at the minute, but I've had a brief look at the special constables option as a way to possibly gain entry to the full time role. I'm just a little bit worried I may be tempted to join for the wrong reasons... My younger brother started working as a reg last year and I look at him and think, damn you have a job that you can be proud of doing, that people look to you for guidance/help and it can be so much more exciting then a regular office job that I have!! I mean, whenever I see a police car zooming s…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 747 views
    PCDJ1546081230
  3. eski
    Started by eski,

    Yes its true I accomplished this embarrassing feat. I resigned over a year and a half ago from the specials as I moved counties to join another force as pcso. Decided I wanted to move back home and rejoin the specials alongside other full time employment. HR were great and very understanding pushing my application along at great pace as a previous serving sc, however I seem to have fallen at the last real hurdle. I had my interview on thursday and was informed via email today that i've failed, I get a phonecall from the recruitment co-ordinator with my feedback tomorrow (19/07). I honestly thought i'd given a good interview and that I had my role in the bag. Can inter…

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 3.3k views
    Administrative Account
  4. Met-YR
    Started by Met-YR,

    Hello everyone. i am worried on getting rejected if am dyslexic. Ive always had problems while i was still in school bad at maths and English. this is why am also poor on my grammar and spellings. iam 100% sure that iam dyslexic as i have taken an on-line test. the question is do i need to go to my local GP to get a report ? to file in with my application ? whats the chance of a person like me getting rejected ? i was told that the NHS or GP cannot provide the statement for dyslexia . so my other question is where can i get tested and get my report as proof that AM dyslexic ? i ve always applied to the specials but got rejected due to what i think is my spellings and…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 944 views
    here.comes.the.fuzz
  5. Mark1989
    Started by Mark1989,

    I'm new to the forum so firstly wanted to say hi to everyone! Secondly, I was wondering if anyone who has been through this process of recruitment before could offer a few pointers/advice. I had my PIRT for the Specials yesterday which I thought went well so hopefully i'll be moving on to the next stage. Could anyone offer any more specific advice on what exact areas I should research and what type of questions I can expect from the interview day? I've had a look at the competencies to get a general feel for what is required. Many thanks, Mark

    • 7 replies
    • 685 views
    wannabspecial
  6. eski
    Started by eski,

    quick question Would an individual with a mental health problem come under respect for race and diversity.

    • 5 replies
    • 749 views
  7. eski
    Started by eski,

    Is it fair to assume that the applicants who haven't had a response from the recruitment team by now have failed?

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 2.2k views
  8. petergriffin92
    Started by petergriffin92,

    Had my eye sight test earlier but do not understand my results and if they are good enough to pass. In all the other threads ive seen people sayin 6/36 etc but my results look differant. they are as follows. .......................................................right eye..............left eye.............binocular unaided vision................................6/4.5-...................6/4.5-..............6/4.5 Aided Vision....................................6/4.5....................6/4.5...............6/4.5 Near vision tested at 40cm's...........n/5 Can anybody shed some light as to if these are good or bad or acceptable please thanks Adam

    • 6 replies
    • 900 views
    petergriffin92
  9. whisper2011
    Started by whisper2011,

    Hi, I have my fitness test on 12th July at Lancon HQ 6pm, Just wondering if anyone else had? Very nervous, have been doing a little bit of weight training as i only weigh around 50kg so more worried about the push/pull than anything (fingers crossed) Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. SimonS
    Started by SimonS,

    Ok, so just quickly I have my assessment tomorrow and plan to go in, shirt, trousers, formal shoes and a tie, treating it like a job interview( because it is really ) is this correct attire in your opinion?

    • 6 replies
    • 869 views
  11. DeltaFoxtrot
    Started by DeltaFoxtrot,

    Hi all, Just did my MSC day 2 assessment today up at the Hendon Police Academy (London Metropolitan Police). The bleep test went well and I even managed to get a 61/63 on my push-pull - I am well chuffed good luck to everyone in my group today - hope everyone manages to pass and look forward to working with you all at some point. have a fab weekend everyone !!!

    • 1 reply
    • 675 views
  12. Mac88
    Started by Mac88,

    I just got the letter asking me to attend the S.E.T for Grampian police next week is anyone else going and what are the tests like ? I have done the mocks but don't see it been as easy as that.

    • 2 replies
    • 697 views
  13. Impatient
    Started by Impatient,

    Hello, my application to join the specials started on January 9th this year. i passed my assessment and failed my first fitness. I then went on to pass my second fitness and have been waiting ever since to actually start training. I recently received the pre module pack with four work books and the disc which i promptly completed and sent back. Does anyone know how much longer i need to wait to actually receive an induction date?

    • 6 replies
    • 796 views
    Administrative Account
  14. Guybrush
    Started by Guybrush,

    Has anyone got their results back yet? It's been 6 working days now and still nothing...

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. Excellsior
    Started by Excellsior,

    Hello everyone, I'm currently a SC and have been one for 2 years now. I have an application with the CNC and it looks promising however I am worried that if I accept this oppoturnity I may never have a chance to become a PC because I know some forces don't accept transfers. What I'm basically asking is does anyone know whether I would be better off being a SC and waiting for recruitment again or work for the CNC for a few years and transfer? that is if I can... Thank you

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 1.5k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.