Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
    Started by Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be,

    Right, as alot of you know i have been trying to get into the police for a number of years now. I am currently a SC, and applied to the Central Scotland Police on this last intake, i passed my SET tests but now have the fitness test and assesment centre. I have just come on here having a look and the BTP are hiring in my home town! argh! Is there anyway i can transfer my application at all? any hope? Problem being im 99% sure i cant get 9.2 on my bleep test in the next 10 days Any help would be appreciated!

    • 6 replies
    • 882 views
  2. Razza
    Started by Razza,

    Problems began after i got an email asking me to confirm myself onto training dates. I did so, called in and gave them all my bank details and the lady confirmed me onto the course( she also said i was the first few to be on the course) . NOW ive been told the course is full and i have to reschedule my training. This is highly unfair as new dates on offer interfere with my university start date. Seems to be no rational explanation Do i have rights to complain? as i was confirmed onto the course What way should i go about getting this corrected? Please. Help

    • 2 replies
    • 687 views
  3. Mark_10
    Started by Mark_10,

    Hi guys, sorry if this question as already been asked... i completed the security forms about 3 weeks ago after passing fitness test, and know it can take some time for the checks to be completed (although i should still be sc and ctc cleared as i completed forms june last year for previuos employment) but im just wondering if it is good news that my employers have been contacted for a reference ? or if this is something they do whilst doing the security checks ? because i assumed they wouldnt contact my employer if i failed the security checks. Any info would be great Thanks Mark

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  4. Pandy007
    Started by Pandy007,

    Hi everyone, as you can see I recieved my email stating I passed my met day 1 ecstatic But in the email along with some other forms there is one I'm not quite understanding, it's the form about business interests? Does this mean I have to fill it out with my job etc.. Or is it if I am self employed only? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm puzzled! Lol Cheers Andy

    • 2 replies
    • 485 views
  5. G.Retriever
    Started by G.Retriever,

    Hello, I am new to this forum. I have recently emailed the south yorkshire recruitment address with the registration of interest form attached for the specials recruitment. A year ago I emailed with a question and they emailed me straight back - this time I have not heard back from them and yet have checked the email address etc very carefully. Should I be expecting a reply, or can I trust that they have received my application and that they will send me the application forms through the post? Also, as someone who is very keen not to miss opportunities if they should arise, is there any other proactive thing I can do other than what I have done thus far? Thanks for y…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 764 views
  6. tonytiger1546081301
    Started by tonytiger1546081301,

    hi everyone' my first time on here i'm affraid ! when i filled my application for the specials, on the form it asked me for the 3 choices of where i'd like to be placed, then had a e-mail back saying that the borough of bromley has no room for me as there is a high level of applicants wanting the same,and would i consider joining the operational support unit based in lewisham, so firstly i'm not worried where i go and secondly i have no idea what the osu is like,would i enjoy it,is it no different to normal policing as a special etc etc. i've seen the on line info of the osu on the met web site and was wondering whether you guys could shine some more…

    • 1 reply
    • 463 views
  7. gmb27
    Started by gmb27,

    Hi folks, Here's the situation, Ive been a serving PC for just over 2 years (not long out of my probation). Ive always wanted BTP but they werent open at the time. I now see theyre open but when I called they wouldnt discuss the current campaign with me as I would be a transferee not a new start. Im told its a cost thing, new starts not having the cost implications of serving officers with substantial time behind them. Im so desperate to work for BTP, but i seem to have hit a wall. Does anybody thing its worth persisting with this on the grounds that Im only slightly more expensive than a new start but Im already trained? Any thoughts?

    • 2 replies
    • 529 views
    Police Constable 1 +
  8. Pandy007
    Started by Pandy007,

    Hi everyone, my name is Andy and im new here I have been reading topics on this forum for some time now, and only just joined lol Heres a brief story about my application process with a question at the end if anyone can help I applied back in January, and passed the paper sift, then completed my day one process on Tuesday last week, i havent herd back from the Met at the moment, its only been a week so i will allow them at least two weeks, but earlier today i got a call from New Scotland Yard, the very nice woman just said where she was from and that she had an application passed to her from Hendon. She asked what position i had applied for as it wasn't on my form t…

    • 5 replies
    • 597 views
  9. ChrisP9
    Started by ChrisP9,

    Hi All, Due to an interest, I have recently started researching the role and application process of Special Constables. Currently, I am in a voluntary Search and Rescue Team and have been for the past 5 years. I meet regularly with police in conection with my employment to promote cycle safety in schools etc and to consult with them on varying transport projects, sparking my interest in the role. On reading the "Crinimal Record" within the recruitment info, It states to supply any dealings you have had in the past with the police. As silly as this sounds, when I was 18, I was involed in a harmless snowball fight but as other participants were under the age of 16, the…

    • 2 replies
    • 501 views
  10. Charmainx
    Started by Charmainx,

    I start my training on Friday, just wondering if it's necessary to print out the whole workbook and bring it with me on my first day. Also I was just going through it checking everything was filled in OK and realised I completely missed the part about where you either have to go to a court or send off for the DVD. I'm not sure whether I saw it but thought I would go back to it another time (I did it several months ago) or whether I just completely scrolled past it. It's obviously too late to send off for the DVD! Also just wondering if the work books are handed in or if they're kept with us for reference throughout the training. Thames valley police force

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 409 views
  11. cjeggenton
    Started by cjeggenton,

    Just to let you all know of my little dilema, just when I discover the CNC are recruiting and go to commence my application, I have a quick browse of the forum and discover BTP are having a cheeky little recruitment drive aswell, I live in london so BTP probably has got the upper hand at the moment! good luck to all who apply! Golf

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 815 views
  12. BTP11546080904
    Started by BTP11546080904,

    From the BTP recruitment site today... https://www.btprecruitment.com/vacancy.asp?token=7C818754EDED6DC8D5EEF94176B1320BBF56E2266DD736E08D0E8F57A942376774F8C6 We are looking to fill vacancies within the following locations: Central London Manchester Lancaster Preston Leeds Nottingham Newcastle Doncaster Sheffield Leicester Bristol Exeter We are anticipating a high volume of applications for this role so an early response is advised. The closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 3rd July 2011. Assessment centres will be held on the 9th, 10th, 16th and 17th July 2011 for the September intake. Assessment dates for the remaining intakes …

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 2.1k views
  13. Gompo
    Started by Gompo,

    I sent off my application on Monday this week, When should I expect to hear something back? And if I fail the application stage (which hopefully I won't) will they let me know? Cheers, Gompo

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 876 views
  14. petergriffin92
    Started by petergriffin92,

    Hi guys just a quick question, In the 20 Minute Competency Interview, How many Sub Competencies would you have to include and give evidence of within your answer in order to pass or atleast stand a good chance of passing. For example if i was asked about Personal Responsibility. And some of the sub Competencies regarding that are Accepts personal responsibility for own decisions and actions Takes pride in own work. etc etc. But yeh Just wondering how many i'd have to roughly include within my answer to stand the best chance of getting a high enough grade to pass. Thanks Alot Guys Adam

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 3.9k views
  15. gemmaammeg
    Started by gemmaammeg,

    Hi, I have been looking into joining the specials. My presrciption is -3.50 in both eyes and I am concerned that I won't pass the unaided sight test. Does anyone know what West Midlands/West Mercia require? Would I need to have laser surgery? Any help would be great! Thanks, Gemma

    • 1 reply
    • 1.6k views
    Policey_Man +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.