Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Charmainx

    Hi I'm just wondering how possible it is to go from a special to a community support officer during the recruitment process. Im due to start my specials training in June and dont want to have to reapply all over again

    • 5 replies
    • 625 views
  2. BluRayP
    Started by BluRayP,

    Never had such a low point in my whole life. had a phone call saying the vetting process has failed me and its over... :'( dont understand, i've never been in trouble, family have never been in trouble, didn't tell a word of a lie on any forms i filled in. It was for a PCSO role, joining the police is all i've ever wanted to do, ever. Now im stuck in a part time job i hate with nothing else going for me, i put so much work into this, i dont want nothing else in life, i just really really, really cannot believe this has happened to me How have i failed vetting!!!

      • Like
    • 71 replies
    • 11.8k views
  3. sister1546081295
    Started by sister1546081295,

    I wonder if anyone can help me - not with speculation but if you actually know... my brother has applied to the specials and he has always wanted to do this but is very worried as our other brother has serious criminal convictions and is in prison serving a life sentence. Does anyone know whether this could stop him getting accepted or not? Surely the actions of a sibling can't be held against another who has always been an upstanding citizen?

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.2k views
    callsign-kid
  4. medic1
    Started by medic1,

    I know you can be a member of the TA and a special but i am in the application stage of both the TA and specials. My application for the TA is with the military police. I was wondering if there was a conflict of interest here? would it be allowed? as both roles confer different powers of arrest in different situations would I be able to use either power? i.e if i was on duty for the RMP would i be able to arrest a civilian using my civilian constable powers?

    • 7 replies
    • 2.6k views
    DetectiveCondescending
  5. Larry1991
    Started by Larry1991,

    Im not sure whether this has been asked before so i apologize if it is has but basically I have passed my interview and have a medical questionnaire to fill in and send back to OH. Now it is asking whether I have ever had the injections for poloio, tetanus, TB, Diptheria and Hep B and if so what year. Now to be quite honest i havent got a clue and i defo wouldnt know the year. Do i need to speak my GP to get this info? And if i havent had some of the injections will it count against me? Should i try and get them done asap or just wait and see what they say at my medical. Cheers Larry

    • 4 replies
    • 502 views
  6. ijsporter
    Started by ijsporter,

    hi guys iv got the application form to join the specials im struggling with the race and diversity question ...my sister is disabled and i took her to see peter kay at the sheffield arena could i use this even though she is family ? i had to organise tickets ,wheel chair access etc ...any suggestions ...cheers from ian

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. wannabspecial
    Started by wannabspecial,

    I have gone from hearing nothing on my application for nearly a year to having my Pirt, got my Fitness test on the 4th and then on the 6th got to go and see the Occupational Health but my main worry is that i have a family holiday booked fro August and can someone please advise if they allow time off during training??????

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 899 views
  8. Rooster1
    Started by Rooster1,

    So I thought it would be interesting to start a thread for those of us that haven't made it through sections of the assessment. I'm currently waiting for my reapplication period to end so I can reapply for Surrey, However it struck me earlier that there must be more people in the same boat as me who don't normally get a chance to talk about it. This thread could be used for people to talk about why they didn't make it through, what they are doing to try and improve next time and just a place to share hints and tips to help others, in the comfort of a place where no one can judge you for not making it. I can start the proceedings by saying, My name is Linford Miles, I…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.8k views
  9. xlcooperx
    Started by xlcooperx,

    Hi, I have recently been informed that I passed the application form and have been given a date to attend the assessment centre and information of what the day entails. I am just after some advice regarding one of the competencies they will ask me to talk about for approx. 5 mins - this is Resilience. I just cant find a situation that I have been where I have shown to be Resilient. The other competency questions I have sorted just hope my nervs don't get the better of me on the day. Thanks Laura

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 27.6k views
  10. Jvannoor
    Started by Jvannoor,

    I have passed the PIRT and the interview stage of the recruitment process, I also know that I should be focusing on my fitness test (7th June), but I cant help but worry about the vetting, after reading posts about people failing the vetting process when neither they or their family have ever been in trouble with the Police. Earlier this year, my local neighourhood policing team knocked on my door. All to do with the clown gentleman that lives next door to me. He claims I have been shooting my shotguns on a public footpath, that I have "smashed" into his car with a Vauxhall Corsa and that I am an all round general nuisance. AlI because I used to work with him an…

    • 6 replies
    • 792 views
  11. LeahC
    Started by LeahC,

    This is my last question to complete on my application form. I have written a few examples out but i dont feel i have got this example right. What are they wanting to see from me for this question? Im not sure if its just because its the last thing left im just over thinking it to much. Any help will be great. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 486 views
  12. sugar rush
    Started by sugar rush,

    Hi Guys It would be much appreciated if you could give me some questions that would be asked at the interview. I have looked at a few sample questions already but would like to look at some more. Many Thanks.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. HettyP
    Started by HettyP,

    I've recently just booked in for my medical in June However, I have a lazy eye so I'm a bit nervous about the eye test. Could someone please tell me the exact procedure of the eye test? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 491 views
  14. alandun
    Started by alandun,

    Hey guys, Can anyone help and advise on the SET test, i got mine in just less than 4 weeks and have tried to prepare as much as possible but still have this feeling i am not going to pass as i have heard it is much more harder than what you can prepare for it. Did anyone go for just hitting the targets to pass or miss section out and go back to it. Cheers for any help. alan

    • 3 replies
    • 441 views
  15. Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
    Started by Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be,

    Ive applied for central scotland and i have heard they have a different fitness test to England, well to a higher grade anyway. Does anyone know what level on bleep test you have to get for scotland? Also is there any other test apart from push/pull? And is BMI still max 30? Thanks alot Craig

    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.