Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Guest

    I've had a couple of potential recruits contact me asking for application forms because the official Government recruitment site PoliceCouldYou (actually it's now been renamed simply PoliceRecruitment) isn't working. Sure enough, when I go to the appropriate page here, it asks me to select a force but there's no drop-down. Is everyone else seeing the same? Does anyone have a blank application form they can post here, at least as a temporary measure?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  2. m_aird
    Started by m_aird,

    Hi, Does anyone have a list of the positive and negative competencies for Planning & Organisation, or would these come under the Team Working category? Thanks, Mike

    • 4 replies
    • 428 views
  3. Chribi
    Started by Chribi,

    Hi guys - been a while since I last posted - failed my assessment centre by 1% for regulars recruitment - Aughhhhhh! Anyway - its been just about 4 months since I attended the NPIA assessment day, and this afternoon I received an e-mail from my chosen forces recruitment team asking if I was still interested in continuing my application, as they have to start looking to book new dates. The question I want to ask the Police Specials community is ........ Has anyone got any opinions or reviews of the couses offered by companies such as Talking Blues , offering a pre-assessment training session, Did it help? Would you recomend it? I was so close last time, and I know th…

    • 3 replies
    • 821 views
  4. Mykee
    Started by Mykee,

    I applied to the specials recently, went to the two days. Passed them both. and the medical. Ready to start. The security checks came back with a problem. Quite a major one regarding past convictions. (I've got one on my record that wasn't me!) My current work has been stupidly busy recently and I've missed the 28 days allowed to appeal the decision. I'm going to need to re-apply in six months aren't I? Go through the two days again?

    • 11 replies
    • 666 views
  5. Jre

    Hey everybody, I'm just wondering what people's experiences have been like regarding the interview stage for the special constabulary. Was it quite stressful and intimidating, in that your 'put on the spot' and have to answer specific questions which you don't have any idea of beforehand? Or have others found it less formal, and more centred around why you want to do the job, as opposed to giving specific examples of past experience? After passing the PIRT, I'm currently waiting to attend an information evening, after which I'll hopefully be given an interview date - so I'd like to be as prepared for it as possible. Thanks in advance! Jamie. - Just a quick messa…

    • 39 replies
    • 26.9k views
  6. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    Hi, Iam brand new to the forms! Lots of really good information here too. My english isn't that good, thank you dyslexia, but im getting there. Basically i would like to know how long it has taken from start to finish to become a special. Iam aware that it will be different for everyone just getting some figures. Thanks. p.s. any info is helpful!

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 951 views
  7. Stoneman
    Started by Stoneman,

    Hi All! I finished my PIRT on Wednesday which was an AM session and I'm awaiting results. I've found out that one of the applicants from the PM session has had their email saying they've passed. I've had nothing yet. Anyone else experienced this? and passed still? I must say that I'm a tad worried that I've failed and they're waiting to tell me this next week. Thanks all! Stoneman

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 867 views
  8. VickiLouise

    Hi, I'm applying for Derbyshire Constabulary as a Special Constable and I'm really nervous about the fitness test. As yet I don't know any other women who have applied and I've not yet come accross any women on here who have recently done the fitness test. My test is next Tuesday and I'm really anxious about the push/pull. I keep reading posts from men who say it's fairly easy but I'd love to know what any women thought of the test. I train at my gym a few times a week and can pull 42kg plus no problem but push 35kg at a struggle. I just wondered if any women have done it and found it easy and also what the machine is like. Many Thanks Vicki

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 3.6k views
  9. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    So it's my medical on Wednesday at 09:30 and I need to provide a urine sample. What are peoples tips on avoiding 'stage fright'?

      • Like
    • 56 replies
    • 2.8k views
  10. AG191
    Started by AG191,

    I have recently received my training programme for Specials training with South Yorkshire Police. Although I knew full well what I was letting myself in for, and can't wait to start, I could not help but feel a twinge of emotion as I waved goodbye to twenty weekends as a part of the thirty week training course. I am very luck to have a fully supportive employer who will let me home work to fit in some of the weekday evening training, but they still expect high standards and will not give paid time off. My girlfriend, who backs me 100%, is also a tad worried about all my spare time being dedicated to the police. I would be very interested to know/discuss how others have…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Administrative Account
  11. thebill11
    Started by thebill11,

    Hello All I’m new to this site. I am hoping to join the metropolitan police service as a special a constable, as my company (BT Openreach) has set up a link with the Met. I have been speaking to various forces and am unsure witch to choose Thames Valley Police, Surrey Police or Metropolitan Police as I am hoping to become a “regularâ€. Can anybody inform me what the application process is like (day1 and 2 etc)? I have attached the PDF i found on the intranet Thanks in advance

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1k views
  12. eves1546081206
    Started by eves1546081206,

    Is Personal Responsibility the same as Resilience???? Just trying to sort my competency questions out for my Day 1... Many thanks!!

    • 3 replies
    • 981 views
    eves1546081206
  13. Woody
    Started by Woody,

    Well I cant seem to find a list on this forum so here is a list of the core competencies, if this is posted some where else, please remove post. COMMUNITY AND CUSTOMER FOCUS Focuses on the customer and provides a high-quality service that is tailored to meet their individual needs. Understands the communities that are served and shows an active commitment to policing that reflects their needs and concerns. Provides a high level of service to customers. Maintains contact with customers, establishes what they need and responds to them. Positive Indicators • Presents an appropriate image to the public and other organisations. • Supports strategies that aim to buil…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Jonpaul
    Started by Jonpaul,

    what four competency areas in the structured interview at the national assesment stage are the four questions each based on?? is one leadership ect ect ?? Would appreciate any advice at all, as i feel very unprepared for the interview. Cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 622 views
  15. verona
    Started by verona,

    Sorry, wrong section.

    • 0 replies
    • 593 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.